WWYD First When the Game Opens Again?

Are you excited?

• Yes

Votes: 119 84.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 15.6%

• Total voters
While everyone is bothering with 60fps, SvS, PvP?, etc... I'll be sure while no one is looking to sail to rum runners camp out all night taking all the rum. Drink most, then use it as material to throw at you all when I enter in the SvS realm. Then you all will be force to loose to me, because I'll control all of the rum supply. But one can only dream!

For real... I plan on maxing sailing and cannons to go for SvS, get as much gold as I can get to save up for Ship customization.

LOOT! No, in all seriousness start leveling up lol I discovered this remake whilst the game was down so I have been itching for it to be up and to play!

1. Spend my 200k gold customizing my ship
2. Assuming they decided to put ship of the line as a purchaseable ship immediately farm and then buy that (pls raise gold cap i'll love you)
3. Level up my 2nd pirate at Kingshead with 5 doll attunements (since we can actually do this now thanks to no lag) (700exp per wave)
4. Immediately go to Isla Condida on my strongest pirate and get easily rekt by high ranking EITC and Navy bounty hunters.
5. No-life tormenta and Raven Cove story quest for OP weapons.
6. Throw Siege Charges at the new Sea Sneks
UGeLZVo.png
around Escondidididididaidadiaidaidiadiadidida
I know exactly what I'll do!
These will be my following steps;
1. Find the rum.
2. Log In.
3. Celebrate as my pirate... and Irl.
4. Sail on the seas to Padres.
5. Go play some poker at Ratskellar tavern.

5 1/2. Lose all my gold while playing some poker at Ratskellar tavern. (optional)
5 3/4. "Borrow" some gold from the Navy's ships.
5 7/8. Try fighting Bounty Hunters.

6. Flee from the Bounty Hunters to Isla Escondida as my ship's health is so low it's no longer visible.
7. Forget about the Sea Serpent around Isla Escondida until it's too late
I'm sorry guys but there is no Ship Customisation or Isla Escondida in the new update, as far as I know and according to what's been said. There has been a bit of confusion and wishful thinking on the forums, The Crew has never said they were part of the new update.

They might have been mentioned passingly, or "hopefully... it would be great if cutomisation was ready"... but there's still a lot of work to do on both of them.

The new update is mainly far less bugs, smoother less lag, higher frame rate and less crashes! The bonus is that SvS is "fully" functional and will be released at the same time.:D

Flag ships were planned but there is still problems with them causing players ships to crash... so we may or may not see them at this point.

I don't know about Hunters and War Ships but I don't think so, these things will all be added in a BETA way over the coming months. The great thing is that they have a more stable base platform with which to work with, which means all these things will happen a lot FASTER and be far more stable from the git-go!

So don't be disappointed just rethink your plans a little...:eek::thumbsup: :daggermouth:
PS. My temporary Free replacement "Orcs Must Die Unchained" (Beta) has conveniently been down for over a week for updates! lol
:facepalm:

*In preparation for the account migration coming with Patch 1.9, our servers will be down from 4AM CT on March 14th to 10AM CT on March 21st. For details on the account migration, please see our FAQ here.*...they hope!
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys but there is no Ship Customisation

They said multiple times in the developer stream that ship customization worked but the developer didn't have any of the materials prepared to show us it so he could only show us its menu etc.

As for Isla Econdididaiddiadiadida your probably right though
fox_102.gif

They said multiple times in the developer stream that ship customization worked but the developer didn't have any of the materials prepared to show us it so he could only show us its menu etc.

As for Isla Econdididaiddiadiadida your probably right though
fox_102.gif
I don't remember that about Ship Customisation, maybe they're just making progress and some aspects are working.

Unfortunately I'm quiet sure there is little/no chance of it being released in this update... I asked Deathsvice about it yesterday and he confirmed what I said about Customisation, Escondida and Flags Ships.:oops:

I'm looking forward to getting more than 300 rep per turn on Kingshead, at last I know what to do with my dolls.:eek:

PS. Customisation is what I'm waiting for more than anything, which of course goes along with Bounty Hunters and Warships... so maybe that's why it's not ready? Possibly what might be available is the choice of sail colour and emblem as that doesn't require any ship materials... I feel your pain!

Last edited:
Well the developer in the Developers stream directly said they had just implemented it but can't get himself mats for the stream to show us it then proceeded to show us the buggy-ness of the flagships in the preview we got. I believe you about Isla Escondida but the game will be exactly like it was in 2013, that means no TLOPO customs (Escondida) and Ship Customization should be coming out with it but I could be wrong

Find some pirates to just relax with and talk to on discord (HMU@ JJ_ICU by the way, shameless promo lol). Just kick back and talk to some fellow pirates that wanna chill and explore the new content!

Debate for an hour on whether I should do my homework or play TLOPO, and decide that I wasted time debating and login to the game and get my lvl 1 butt kicked lol.

I would kiss the Padre's sands if i could do an invasion! I don't remember if it will be in this update or not but someday... someday!

Well the first thing i'm going to do is actually start the game and grind.. I miss it so much and like the rest of you the anticipation is killing me, I just want to grind swords and nades to max with some other skills, and farm thunderspine sword and quit... see in my head thats a good plan but in reality its probably a really really REALLY bad plan.

However, I suppose in the words of an intelligent human being, it can be summed up as I want to grind.

Ship customization was confirmed to be released when the game is back up, They were unable to show it off during the stream due to the dev losing the command to give himself materials to display it
Deathsvice3 days ago (edited)
Sadly ship customization, invasions and the new island will not be out when the big update releases, which yes they will later. But SvS, flagships (maybe?), player teleport and so on will be added with a Hhhhhhhhuge crash and lag fix.

If you listen to 1:11:40 of stream #8 John mentions that the mechanics are in place but not that it will be ready.

I don't remember if Bounty Hunters and War Ships being up and running are mentioned in the stream, which are needed for the customisation materials. (I'll listen again)

Update: at about 3:07:00 John clarifies that Bounty Hunters aren't even implemented yet, so followingly : let alone debugged. I presume we can add SOL War Ships into this also.

The last word from the Dev's on this was SOONTM, which as I understand it, is a bit of a running joke/code for "Who knows when... we're trying". Maybe they'll surprise us all and have it all done in time but no one has said that clearly or seemed to know at that point...

at about 3:25:20 John says "PROBABLY definitely Ship Customisation and SvS probably as it seems to work fine" but it's unclear due to lack of Bounty Hunters etc. The mechanics for Ship Customisation are working so there may be some limited Customisation even if Hunters and SOL War Ships don't make it.

Hence why there is some confusion out there, not from me but in general. Hopefully it will be clarified soon, as many had packed their bags for Isla Escondida also!;)

Last edited:
Back