Tip YOUR COMPUTER (OR LAPTOP) NEEDS AN UPGRADE!

C

Crashalot

Hey peeps,
Been noticing when reading various posts in the forum that a lot of folk have some seriously ancient, underpowered and otherwise cruddy computers (and/or laptops).
Now I'm not trying to insult anyone, but I do have some advice that may (or may not) be helpful in addressing this matter.
I find that a solid i7 system, running windows 7 (or 10) works best with this game, with a reasonable graphics card where applicable.
But not a new system!
Rather, I am suggesting that folks search ebay for a game crushing system they can easily afford (for under $100 in some cases) that will more than serve as an upgrade to many and also enhance their game experience.
Now of course there are all levels of systems, but a basic, solid system can be had for pennies on the dollar only because it's 3 to 5 yrs old and the newer eye candy is what many go for, leaving these fine examples of decent systems with no love, as nothing more than outcasts waiting for a new home!
Now, if you have a dino machine, running an underpowered chip and little to no ram, then you might consider shopping ebay for a replacement.
You can also get cheap ram, ssd and even great graphic cards for a song over there. Not to mention reasonably priced chips and the like.
Trust me on this, for less than 10% of a new system, you can get a used system and upgrade it (and yes, even my mother has built her own system, so anyone can do it - it's easy)!
So I'm just saying, you don't need huge cash to get a system that you might enjoy more, and that makes the one you're using now seem like a bunch of spare parts, waiting to be recycled.
And if you need help or advice in upgrading, give me a holler or consult any of the myriad experts on the forums.
Savor the "new" rig!

Can't upgrade laptop processors some genius decided it was a good idea to sauter ALL laptop CPUs on.
Well, I guess you're sort of missing the point, but yes, some CPUs are indeed soldered in place, and some are not. Simple technical referencing will reveal that aspect for any given device.
The point is, there are complete, fully blown awesome systems, be them laptops or desktops, that can be had for pennies on the dollar, and that do not need a CPU transplant.
In other words, you might be using a laptop with an i3 processor and 1 GB of RAM, running Windows 8 or 8.1, which you've had for 3 to 5 years, and it's a dog when compared to another system the same age, that you might not have known about or couldn't afford at the time, which sports an i7 processor, much more ram (4 to 8 GB or more) and better graphics capabilities, better monitor, etc.
So, the idea is, why keep your underpowered system, when a better one exists for a song.

And finally, many systems are upgradeable, so if your current system is not, for whatever reason, a better one can be found, for less than buying a new one.
However, if your system is upgradeable, then you can simply upgrade components as needed.
And that's the point; why stick with a dog when you can get a better system for next to nothing, be it by buying an outright replacement system, or upgrading parts when feasible.
I hope that clarifies matters for you.
Savor!

Well, I guess you're sort of missing the point, but yes, some CPUs are indeed soldered in place, and some are not. Simple technical referencing will reveal that aspect for any given device.
The point is, there are complete, fully blown awesome systems, be them laptops or desktops, that can be had for pennies on the dollar, and that do not need a CPU transplant.
In other words, you might be using a laptop with an i3 processor and 1 GB of RAM, running Windows 8 or 8.1, which you've had for 3 to 5 years, and it's a dog when compared to another system the same age, that you might not have known about or couldn't afford at the time, which sports an i7 processor, much more ram (4 to 8 GB or more) and better graphics capabilities, better monitor, etc.
So, the idea is, why keep your underpowered system, when a better one exists for a song.

And finally, many systems are upgradeable, so your current system is not, for whatever reason, a better one can be found, for less than buying a new one.
However, if your system is upgradeable, then you can simply upgrade components as needed.
And that's the point; why stick with a dog when you can get a better system for next to nothing, be it by buying an outright replacement system, or upgrading parts when feasible.
I hope that clarifies matters for you.
Savor!
I got u.

Let's make it simple
Most games nowadays require at the minimum

dual core processor
4+ gigs of RAM
Gtx 650 (AMD equivalent) and above

If you don't have at least that, don't expect to Google some unknown tricks to get better performance.

I understand a lot of people can't afford to build/upgrade. The best thing I can tell those folks is make do with what you got.
You can always find Gaming pc's on sale and for a bargain on craigslist.
And for those that have a couple hundred bucks to spend. If you're really on a budget, you can build a low end gaming pc tower for less than $300. Sell those consoles, have a yard sale, sell lemonade! Just don't expect to type something in the cmd that'll turn your old college laptop to a super computer (me in 2012)

Will here is my unknown trick and it was a act of piracy. This HP desktop been mistaken as a laptop by benchmark software. Processor is J2900 SoC, isn't replaceable and it only 10 watt maximum power. I took advantage of dual channel architecture to improve performance in Windows 8.1 Then I update the OS to Windows 10 only for DirectX 12 support, yet with only 64MB of dedicated memory. Patient is mandatory and avoiding crowded game sites, lag of less than 1 fps is possibly. 512GB SSD drive and memory for $145. Me hopes ye take a similar looting

Attachments

• bank1.png
    bank1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 172
  • bank2.png
    bank2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 130
  • bank3.png
    bank3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
Back