Your favorite ship?

• Sloops (tell which size in comments)

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Galleons (tell which one in comments)

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Frigates (tell which one in comments)

Votes: 38 63.3%

• Total voters
I have to say my favorite ship is the War Frigate with Skull and Bones. (paired with a good cannon ram to increase the broadsides damage/crit helps alot hehe) I used to sail the Black Rose... Now when I venture into the pirate realm, I sail a light sloop version or her.

The War Frigate never let me down and I think is by far the best ship. It was built for combat and proves itself time and time again :)

Great for SvS when you could find a crew large enough to man the guns and repair the ship during battle..

A true beauty when the blue and white fury screams out the black hull of the ship and into the air.

But it really shines when the compass aims true to your heart and nothing can stand in the way of your loot hungry rampage and all that is left of your foes is smoldering ruins in the sea.

:) Figured I might as well add a bit of writing to what would have been a short post simply stating I liked the War Frigate.

All hail the War Frigate!! haha

My favorite ship was for sure the War Frigate. Good combination of various traits made it very versatile. I always used the fortune hunter upgrades. Never got around to upgrading more than one ship, but I would have liked to try the other upgrades if I had the chance.

^ Yesss the war frigate kicked the war brig's butt. My favorite heavy ship for sure, and best when crewed... BUT.... my favorite was the light frigate, for it's ridiculous OPness. Between speed and broadsides, I was able to solo almost anything out there with no gunners or repairing crew onboard :) I will never forget the first time I reached max scoundrel of the sea status and blew up a hunter with my light frig... hope that they let us have customization options for light ships in TLOPO so I can deck mine out :)

^ Yesss the war frigate kicked the war brig's butt. My favorite heavy ship for sure, and best when crewed... BUT.... my favorite was the light frigate, for it's ridiculous OPness. Between speed and broadsides, I was able to solo almost anything out there with no gunners or repairing crew onboard :) I will never forget the first time I reached max scoundrel of the sea status and blew up a hunter with my light frig... hope that they let us have customization options for light ships in TLOPO so I can deck mine out :)
haha that's awesome. I used to solo with my small frigate. I would run up behind a ship, get off the wheel and use the closest side cannon to shoot furies at the rear of the enemy ship. I had the revenant rod so I had unlimited, and I used the light frigate because I could get from the wheel to the cannon faster! :D

Ah, when I did it I stayed at the wheel the whole time, I'd pull up on the side of the ship, release broadsides, and because of frigate's speed I could pull out and to other side quickly to fire again, and so on repeating that cycle :p A light frigate with streamlined upgrades would be amazing.

The war sloop was nice for it's design, but i prefer the war galleon for it's sheer power. Still haven't forgotten how i got to steer one once after the player who's ship it was logged out...Ah good times.

Loved my War Frigates. I can't remember the upgrade name, but I think it was the max of the durability one. Lots of awesome treasure runs. I remember sailing to Padres on a sliver of health and the entire ship was burning, everyone was spamming "port'' even before that, but I didn't have enough loot. Looking forward to doing that again and giving the crew a heart attack.

Skull and Bones War Galleon is my all time fav.

Attachments

• mybestship.jpg
    mybestship.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 144
Anything in the War class was great. I'm pretty sure I owned and used all of them at one point or another. My favorites were probably the War Sloop and War Galleon.

Ah yes, War Frigates, Skull and Bones. Although I like to switch off with my War Galleon too. I never cared for sloops. Although they were okay if you're a crew member with a good captain.

My favourite ship type was a copperhead war brig. It was slow, but you didn't need to run from a ship that was at the bottom of the ocean I always said. I didn't even have the fast sails, I had the open fire boost ones. It was the most powerful and heavily armoured ship in game. Technically a war frigate would have had more guns, but I preferred the look of the war brig.

I also really liked light galleons. I don't know why. Maybe because I spent half the time without unlimited access so I had to sail a light ship. It was actually quite fun to sail once and a while.

Last edited:
Back