Discussion Your Most Hated Character and Why

Tereysa de las Sombras

Honorable Pirate
Now that I am in the final stretch of the Black Pearl Story Quest and am completely dead inside, I realise that I really, really hate a lot of the characters I had to put up with. Duchamps, Andrew Bowdash, and Sergeant Bingham are among the ones I despise the most, simply because there's scarcely a single thing about them that I find likable, redeeming, or even charming.

What characters did you come to hate while putting up with the giant errand run that is the Black Pearl "Story" Quest, or any other quest?

Now that I am in the final stretch of the Black Pearl Story Quest and am completely dead inside, I realise that I really, really hate a lot of the characters I had to put up with. Duchamps, Andrew Bowdash, and Sergeant Bingham are among the ones I despise the most, simply because there's scarcely a single thing about them that I find likable, redeeming, or even charming.

What characters did you come to hate while putting up with the giant errand run that is the Black Pearl "Story" Quest, or any other quest?
Giladoga, Duchamps and Gunner.

I dislike everyone except for Gunner and Scary Mary.
Gunner may have the most annoying quests ever but at least he has some personality and livens things up a bit.

If I remember the quest none of those people like you either. They just want you to do favors for their own benefit. The quests like Hallow with the couple who were dead and didn't know actually felt like you were helping someone else. Most others in the pearl would throw you overboard in a second. Most of them were greedy, self centered lowbrows anyways. We both needed something and that was that, no love loss there.

I love them all. They are a big part of the original potco experience, classic. It’s true that the quest is long and not super well constructed but it’s not at all unpleasant if you don’t try to do too much of it at one sitting. A little bit at a time is the way.

I love them all. They are a big part of the original potco experience, classic. It’s true that the quest is long and not super well constructed but it’s not at all unpleasant if you don’t try to do too much of it at one sitting. A little bit at a time is the way.
You either have the patience of a saint, or are completely oblivious to how absolutely scummy Duchamps is. Probably the former. I've tried the "little by little" approach and I started to realise that not only was there a good narrative completely missing here, but it started to feel more like a daily chore than something I even wanted to know the next chapter of. It was more of a "WHEN WILL IT END" feeling. So, you definitely handle it better than I do.

You either have the patience of a saint, or are completely oblivious to how absolutely scummy Duchamps is. Probably the former. I've tried the "little by little" approach and I started to realise that not only was there a good narrative completely missing here, but it started to feel more like a daily chore than something I even wanted to know the next chapter of. It was more of a "WHEN WILL IT END" feeling. So, you definitely handle it better than I do.
Well, I did say that it’s not super well constructed. It’s also true that many of the npcs are lackluster scum, some by design no doubt, but it’s the classic, quintessential, potco experience and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Of course the RC quest is much better constructed and you can see that the developers tried to emulate that with the HW quests although they didn’t quite get it right imbo. Anyway, the Pearl quest is for the most part a sailing quest and sailing is my thing so I’m quite biased, lol

This is the only NPC I remember.
1592383787635.png

I dislike everyone in the quests except the main characters like Tia Dalma and Elizabeth Swann.
but I definitely hate Giladoga, Gunner, and Duchamps because they are ridiculously long in the Black Pearl Story Quest with I hope can be revamped in the future so we won't have to deal with their annoying quests line. :happy:

I dislike everyone in the quests except the main characters like Tia Dalma and Elizabeth Swann.
but I definitely hate Giladoga, Gunner, and Duchamps because they are ridiculously long in the Black Pearl Story Quest with I hope can be revamped in the future so we won't have to deal with their annoying quests line. :happy:
I hope for a revamp someday too. Hopefully before I finish the revamp I'm writing myself because it's so annoying.
There are some characters I actually do like though. One of them is Scary Mary. Why? Because her quest line is the shortest and easiest. She understands that I don't have time for all this rubbish.

I don't like him that much either, but I have to set the record straight and point out that it's Giladoga who is holding him responsible for all that. He's the head of the snake.
Maybe you’d like the developers to add a new quest to straighten out all these ne’er do wells with their petty issues, lol? It could be a quest that has a good and consistent storyline and respectable reward. I do think that questing has not been upgraded very well so far, the HW quests were ok, a good first crack, but not really an upgrade over the RC quest that I would set as the benchmark. I’d like to see some new quests.

Back