Your Old Potco Pics

Does anyone have a picture of port royal or tortuga before they destroyed and rebuild the islands?
i can half remember old port royal for some reason... the graveyard behind the old town, with the bridge that connected the fort to the main town with the two guards?

Finally!! Pictures I can use to remember the good old days :) I'm not sure I knew how to take screenshots when I started.... Or if I did I have no idea where they are...
EDIT:
I did mange to dig up a map of the old Port Royal
Port_Royal_map_PotCO.jpg

So sorry for double posting but I really wanna post this!

Thanks Google!
Port Royal Town:

I found a complete picture tour of Tortuga ;) They aren't in order but oh well you can piece it together!

Finding any for Padres Del Fuego was hard...
Finally!! Pictures I can use to remember the good old days :) I'm not sure I knew how to take screenshots when I started.... Or if I did I have no idea where they are...
EDIT:
I did mange to dig up a map of the old Port Royal
thanks guys :D

I did a screenshot tour of the old Port Royal:

Governor's Mansion, the "far" entrance

screenshot_2009-1-14_22-25-3.jpg

Governor's Mansion, the near entrance, with guard shack
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-30-1.jpg

Backed down the hill to the shipwright
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-20-17.jpg

Swam out from the shipwright looking back for perspective. Gov's mansion on far right, up hill
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-29-3.jpg

In that last shot you see shops. Here was the best one:
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-27-49.jpg

The inside was never finished. Pirates used to meet up in here. It was also fun for PR hide-and-seek.

Behind the town, but not through a "portal" was the graveyard. You can see a "portal" to the right and the back of the main town's buildings to the left.
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-21-19.jpg

Heading back out to the front of the town, there were vendor stalls in the open. You can see the dock in the background, to the right.
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-21-35.jpg

Looking back towards town from the dock. See the three buildings on the left? Either the middle one, or the one on the right was Will Turner's place. Slightly to the right of middle the harbor ran into a little stream. There was a little rock bridge over it.
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-22-36.jpg

On the rock bridge looking back toward the main town
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-23-44.jpg

Left as you look at these, past those 3 freestanding buildings, was another bridge that led up the hill to Fort Charles.
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-31-5.jpg

This is my limit for images. I've only got a couple more of the hill and Fort Charles itself, but hopefully this gives the people who never got to see it a better feel for old PR.

This is my limit for images. I've only got a couple more of the hill and Fort Charles itself, but hopefully this gives the people who never got to see it a better feel for old PR.
Thank you so much for posting that! I would love to see the rest of the images if you could get them on here :)

I LOVE the bridges! I know what we have bridges too now, but bridges and the gate seemed appropriate! With the Navy guards too (just like at Kingshead?). And old market by the water made so much sense. I don't care about the look of the graveyard though. And I don't like the view of Port Royal from the water that much; PR looked like it was bordered by forts ...

But why in the world Disney Potco had to redesign it? It was pretty as it was ... now I'd like some of these back on the game, well, combinations of both the old and the new ones.

Governor's Mansion, the "far" entrance

Governor's Mansion, the near entrance, with guard shack

Backed down the hill to the shipwright

Swam out from the shipwright looking back for perspective. Gov's mansion on far right, up hill

In that last shot you see shops. Here was the best one:

The inside was never finished. Pirates used to meet up in here. It was also fun for PR hide-and-seek.

Behind the town, but not through a "portal" was the graveyard. You can see a "portal" to the right and the back of the main town's buildings to the left.

Heading back out to the front of the town, there were vendor stalls in the open. You can see the dock in the background, to the right.

Looking back towards town from the dock. See the three buildings on the left? Either the middle one, or the one on the right was Will Turner's place. Slightly to the right of middle the harbor ran into a little stream. There was a little rock bridge over it.

On the rock bridge looking back toward the main town

Left as you look at these, past those 3 freestanding buildings, was another bridge that led up the hill to Fort Charles.

That brings back SO many memories! Thank you for posting :)

No problem. I just didn't want to double post or anything wrong.

Heading up the hill to Fort Charles
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-31-33.jpg

And finally arriving at Fort Charles (I have no idea why I didn't take pictures inside the fort)
screenshot_2009-1-14_22-32-33.jpg

That covers what I have for Port Royal.

I did find one pic of a leveling party inside the old Tormenta
old tormenta.jpg

It was so dark in there. Makes new Tormenta look bright and shiny.

Edited to agree with Jade - some of the old was prettier. (Not Tormenta obviously - the first time I visited new Tormenta I played with my mouth open for about an hour). But Disney's reason for doing it was to reduce lag. You can see how open everything was and how far your sight line could go uninterrupted. It really did cause big lag issues. Like, invasion lag issues. But I do miss the old islands a lot.

Thank for posting those, Ukebec! I really miss PR.

But why in the world Disney Potco had to redesign it? It was pretty as it was ... now I'd like some of these back on the game, well, combinations of both the old and the new ones.

And they had to redo the islands for graphics purposes. Also notice the old PR from the front, there's only one entry point. The new islands are attacked by Jolly from 2 sides, with the old islands, there aren't 2 sides to attack from.

View attachment 6654

And finally arriving at Fort Charles (I have no idea why I didn't take pictures inside the fort)
View attachment 6655

View attachment 6656

Edited to agree with Jade - some of the old was prettier. (Not Tormenta obviously - the first time I visited new Tormenta I played with my mouth open for about an hour). But Disney's reason for doing it was to reduce lag. You can see how open everything was and how far your sight line could go uninterrupted. It really did cause big lag issues. Like, invasion lag issues. But I do miss the old islands a lot.
Old Tormenta!! -faints of remembering his nostalgia days- :skullpeak:

;) John. I don't know how much time I spent in old Tormenta, wedged up in that corner between the two ship's hulls, shooting mollusks with hex shots until their voodoo was gone and the glitch kicked in where it wouldn't regenerate.

Ah, good times.

;) John. I don't know how much time I spent in old Tormenta, wedged up in that corner between the two ship's hulls, shooting mollusks with hex shots until their voodoo was gone and the glitch kicked in where it wouldn't regenerate.

Ah, good times.

I remember when the Navy Cadets, use to say, "You're the worst pirate I ever heard of"
I always replied: " But you have heard of me..."

View attachment 6654

View attachment 6655

View attachment 6656

Oh gosh :D I remember every inch of PR... But none of the other islands xD Have to say it was the best island I've ever seen... (In my opinion) THANK YOU for posting those... Brings back great memories :D

It's my pleasure, entirely. I'm just bummed that I didn't get any of old Padres or Tortuga, although Bobby did great with old Tortuga!

My only two old Padres shots:

chicken in the well.jpg

The chicken sticking out of the well on the right side just cracked me up.

chicken in the well 2.jpg

I REALLY liked him. :D The only two shots I have of that entire island are of that silly chicken.

Back