Your Old Potco Pics

omg you all are soooo great and the picks bring back sooooo many fond memories ty all for the waltz down memory lane.....the funny thing is nobody mentions old Cuba....why??? cuz it has never changed except the new peddler booth and the dock guy, besides that it hasn't changed since the game began, oh and a foot note they did bring Cuba closer to the other islands cuz i remember never fully being able to sail sucessfully to Cuba cuz it wa waaaaaay off the map compared to where it is now :p

I found a map of the old Padres Del Fuego. I had to make really big so you could see everything
1edit.jpg

I also found this on the Wiki about Cuba:
Cuba is the only main island that hasn't been rebuilt, so Reconstruction still may happen in the future.

I found information about Kingshead also:
  • The island fort is one of the few MAJOR areas that has yet been redesigned. So, the possibility may arise that sees a makeover, particularly since many of the screenshots and video showing unreleased material seem to revolve around a potential future quest to the stronghold.
  • There was also a Secret Dock on the back side of the island, whose presence and use had been debated. It has been deleted as part of updates of July 2010. However, the way to swim under Kingshead is still useable
  • There is a tunnel that is behind a wall in the main fortress that may suggest the dock and cave may come back. Found in the Phase Files.

they use to use this jail:
It still houses an Assassin, but isn't currently being used to lock up pirates defeated in battles.
But, you can find an unused jail at the very farthest point in the main fortress at the very top. There is actually a high-level guard in there, so if it was ever used - escape would be difficult for lower-level players, except for teleportation.

Way back when they use to have the guards talk.... i remember the first time i played it i was lost and i remember that Will used to be right in port royal when u get off the docks the building right in front would be will's shop. and when u walked to the leftr there was a bridge going up to the mansion! the good old days!

lol havent been playing that long but i have seen a pic of tormenta and there were navy in it xD the first pic basil there is a dude in front of u without membership and he has a black tricone o_o I WANT IT!

I found a map of the old Padres Del Fuego. I had to make really big so you could see everything
View attachment 6699
I also found this on the Wiki about Cuba:
Cuba is the only main island that hasn't been rebuilt, so Reconstruction still may happen in the future.

I found information about Kingshead also:
  • The island fort is one of the few MAJOR areas that has yet been redesigned. So, the possibility may arise that sees a makeover, particularly since many of the screenshots and video showing unreleased material seem to revolve around a potential future quest to the stronghold.
  • There was also a Secret Dock on the back side of the island, whose presence and use had been debated. It has been deleted as part of updates of July 2010. However, the way to swim under Kingshead is still useable
  • There is a tunnel that is behind a wall in the main fortress that may suggest the dock and cave may come back. Found in the Phase Files.
they use to use this jail:
It still houses an Assassin, but isn't currently being used to lock up pirates defeated in battles.
But, you can find an unused jail at the very farthest point in the main fortress at the very top. There is actually a high-level guard in there, so if it was ever used - escape would be difficult for lower-level players, except for teleportation.
u do know that they did use that jail and i think there were 2 guards and it was hard for lower lvl (me at the time) to escape i was suprised i was able to sneak past them oh yes the good ol days they rly need to add new servers just for the old islands it would make me very happy

I LOVE the bridges! I know what we have bridges too now, but bridges and the gate seemed appropriate! With the Navy guards too (just like at Kingshead?). And old market by the water made so much sense. I don't care about the look of the graveyard though. And I don't like the view of Port Royal from the water that much; PR looked like it was bordered by forts ...

But why in the world Disney Potco had to redesign it? It was pretty as it was ... now I'd like some of these back on the game, well, combinations of both the old and the new ones.
oh to answer ur question jades they say it was to reduce lag but in reality the whole reason for changing it was for the invasions

i remember the 1 hour limit for sailing. i also remember when you docked and your loot for the trip came up it showed you how many ships you sank on the voyage. i like all the new stuff much better than the old, it seemed like it was alway night and very dark. their were no public ships back then so if you couldn't teleaport yet you were stuck there on padres cause they would sink you when you tried to leave. you would end up with no gold left to repair your ship. life was very tuff for new pirates, we didn't have all the powerful new weapons that we have now days. all and all i think it made me a much better pirate, you had to use you witts to get by. lost and homeless on padres begging to join a crew so you could get off that scarrie rock , yes that was the old days.:flag:

Qq
i remember the 1 hour limit for sailing. i also remember when you docked and your loot for the trip came up it showed you how many ships you sank on the voyage. i like all the new stuff much better than the old, it seemed like it was alway night and very dark. their were no public ships back then so if you couldn't teleaport yet you were stuck there on padres cause they would sink you when you tried to leave. you would end up with no gold left to repair your ship. life was very tuff for new pirates, we didn't have all the powerful new weapons that we have now days. all and all i think it made me a much better pirate, you had to use you witts to get by. lost and homeless on padres begging to join a crew so you could get off that scarrie rock , yes that was the old days.:flag:
XD thankfully i never ended up as one of those ppl i sailed to padres and back in my light galleon

i miss the way the rusty cutlass looked and for those of u who dont know back then the beat cutlass u could get was steel the best gun u could get was a tripple barrel pistol best dagger was main gauche oh yes it made killing things tough and it didnt matter who had the better weapon in the old game it was how u set ur skill points

I believe (although I don't have any hard evidence to back this up) that they moved all of the islands closer together. My memory tells me that Molly is right and Cuba was very far away. As was Padres. (There were no French or Spanish islands at that time). I remember discussing with a guild-mate after the island redesigns how quick it was to get to all of the islands then.

Before the redesigns that's why beginner pirates were frequently seen swimming from island to island...the big ships sunk you and you didn't have mini-games or nearly as many small quests with which to make money to repair your ship. Plus the gold drops from enemies was MUCH smaller. So you swam. It was all you could do to get around. And swimming from Padres or Cuba to Port Royal was a loooooong undertaking. I did it many times.

Plus, as Capten Blacksheep pointed out, you had a 1 hour timer on sailing and Captain Hi is right. Your weapons were puny compared to what's in game now. You had to be on your toes to survive and you didn't get high-level weapons as a reward for defeating enemies. You got gold. Or "treasures" (i.e.; chess pieces, fingers, Tia's figurines). Period.

In some ways I miss the old game...it really challenged you to think smart and be savvy. Now it seems to be looting-focused and a matter of luck on what weapons you can acquire.

A question, though...my memory fails me: was Tormenta always in the game? It seems to me that when I started playing there wasn't a Tormenta. That it was introduced later?

I believe (although I don't have any hard evidence to back this up) that they moved all of the islands closer together. My memory tells me that Molly is right and Cuba was very far away. As was Padres. (There were no French or Spanish islands at that time). I remember discussing with a guild-mate after the island redesigns how quick it was to get to all of the islands then.

Before the redesigns that's why beginner pirates were frequently seen swimming from island to island...the big ships sunk you and you didn't have mini-games or nearly as many small quests with which to make money to repair your ship. Plus the gold drops from enemies was MUCH smaller. So you swam. It was all you could do to get around. And swimming from Padres or Cuba to Port Royal was a loooooong undertaking. I did it many times.

Plus, as Capten Blacksheep pointed out, you had a 1 hour timer on sailing and Captain Hi is right. Your weapons were puny compared to what's in game now. You had to be on your toes to survive and you didn't get high-level weapons as a reward for defeating enemies. You got gold. Or "treasures" (i.e.; chess pieces, fingers, Tia's figurines). Period.

In some ways I miss the old game...it really challenged you to think smart and be savvy. Now it seems to be looting-focused and a matter of luck on what weapons you can acquire.

A question, though...my memory fails me: was Tormenta always in the game? It seems to me that when I started playing there wasn't a Tormenta. That it was introduced later?
tormenta was introduced later kingshead was also not in game at launch and yes swimming from island to island took soooo long u just had to figure out how to avoid being hit or attacked by enemies while sneaking around at sea or on land

idk if anyone remembers the eitc guard that stood on the gallows i miss him and my ships figurehead so very much COME BACK I MISS UUUUUUU!!!!!!

I do miss the old island designs. Back then, pirates really had to act wisely. I miss the fact that in the old game, the only weapons you got were the ones you bought from the weapon vendors, and the ones you got from weapon upgrade quests. I miss you old potco, please come back to us:(

I dug through my whole house to find this, and I found EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF IT! The old POTCO Member's pack! You would get this in the mail if you were an Unlimited Access Member in 2009.
It consists of:
  • A flag
  • Member's guide
  • Two 14 Day Guest Passes
BOTH of the Guest Passes are still new and NEVER BEEN USED - I WILL NOT give you the code.
I have attached pictures below of the contents of the Member's guide, as well as the flag and the guest passes. However, in game, I have saved some "old potco clothing". You CANNOT get these items anymore.
Rough Tricorne: YES this Rough Tricorne IS OLD! It is a dark greenish color, unlike the yellow color you can get now. This was my starter item from 2008, when I first began the game.
Dealer Shirt: has been removed from the store
Embellished Vest: Used to be able to color them, coloring option removed. - The color is red.
Swab the Deck Trousers: Same as what happened with the Vest. - The color is grey.
oldpotcoclothes.png

Attachments

• SDC10185.JPG
    SDC10185.JPG
    581.8 KB · Views: 233
  • SDC10186.JPG
    SDC10186.JPG
    566.3 KB · Views: 235
  • SDC10187.JPG
    SDC10187.JPG
    569 KB · Views: 247
  • SDC10188.JPG
    SDC10188.JPG
    584.7 KB · Views: 231
  • SDC10189.JPG
    SDC10189.JPG
    570.9 KB · Views: 436
  • SDC10190.JPG
    SDC10190.JPG
    574.9 KB · Views: 222
  • SDC10192.JPG
    SDC10192.JPG
    555.3 KB · Views: 280
  • SDC10193.JPG
    SDC10193.JPG
    593.8 KB · Views: 233
  • SDC10194.JPG
    SDC10194.JPG
    584.1 KB · Views: 234
I dug through my whole house to find this, and I found EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF IT! The old POTCO Member's pack! You would get this in the mail if you were an Unlimited Access Member in 2009.
It consists of:
  • A flag
  • Member's guide
  • Two 14 Day Guest Passes
BOTH of the Guest Passes are still new and NEVER BEEN USED - I WILL NOT give you the code.
I have attached pictures below of the contents of the Member's guide, as well as the flag and the guest passes. However, in game, I have saved some "old potco clothing". You CANNOT get these items anymore.
Rough Tricorne: YES this Rough Tricorne IS OLD! It is a dark greenish color, unlike the yellow color you can get now. This was my starter item from 2008, when I first began the game.
Dealer Shirt: has been removed from the store
Embellished Vest: Used to be able to color them, coloring option removed. - The color is red.
Swab the Deck Trousers: Same as what happened with the Vest. - The color is grey.
View attachment 9894
john u do know u could color the hat mine is a dark brown instead of the yellow one u could change the color of almostall the starter clothes

Back