A good time to be a creator

MarkPlankwalker

Pirate Master
Today the newest software update for windows is rolling out, mine is currently at 9% downloaded, but its what it's about that's totally awesome. This may very well put windows ten above all other versions. This update has been deemed "The Creators update" it's coming with three HUGE features (4 if you actually use windows edge); Paint3D, Beam, and Game Mode

• Paint 3D - i honestly don't know how this is going to work, but im most excited about this the most because im a big fan of 3D
  • Beam - This is probably going to shake the streaming community, Beam is a feature that lets you stream 100% lag free, its not a program, and no 3rd party apps needed to stream anymore.
  • Game Mode - This is also very big and would've helped ALOT before the downtime, this is a feature that optimizes your computer for maximum performance when you have a game open
  • the windows edge cluster tab thumbnail thing - who cares nobody uses edge
Idk bout y'all but i am SUPER pumped for my download to be finished. so i can paint in 3D? or something like that.

Meh my father persisted on me installing Windows 10 on his machine (previously upgraded to get a free activation license) and a few incompatibility errors arose along with the new update. Nothing to worry about for the end-user as my dad's programs are a tad outdated to support 10.

Other than that, Microsoft could have done much more on this particular update.

Today the newest software update for windows is rolling out, mine is currently at 9% downloaded, but its what it's about that's totally awesome. This may very well put windows ten above all other versions. This update has been deemed "The Creators update" it's coming with three HUGE features (4 if you actually use windows edge); Paint3D, Beam, and Game Mode

• Paint 3D - i honestly don't know how this is going to work, but im most excited about this the most because im a big fan of 3D
  • Beam - This is probably going to shake the streaming community, Beam is a feature that lets you stream 100% lag free, its not a program, and no 3rd party apps needed to stream anymore.
  • Game Mode - This is also very big and would've helped ALOT before the downtime, this is a feature that optimizes your computer for maximum performance when you have a game open
  • the windows edge cluster tab thumbnail thing - who cares nobody uses edge
Idk bout y'all but i am SUPER pumped for my download to be finished. so i can paint in 3D? or something like that.
Hmm... although I'm too out of touch and old to understand most of this, Beam really sounds like something new? (Note: unqualified comment with no research... just heard about it) I like the game mode thing too... (even though: no doubt it means next to nothing in terms of Windows OS) :eek:
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Hmm... although I'm too out of touch and old to understand most of this, Beam really sounds like something new? (Note: unqualified comment with no research... just heard about it) I like the game mode thing too... (even though: no doubt it means next to nothing in terms of Windows OS) :eek:
Beam is a platform similar to Twitch (game streaming) that's built-in to the Windows and Xbox operating systems. It apparently offers a form of "interaction" between the watchers and streamers' gameplay.

Meh my father persisted on me installing Windows 10 on his machine (previously upgraded to get a free activation license) and a few incompatibility errors arose along with the new update. Nothing to worry about for the end-user as my dad's programs are a tad outdated to support 10.

Other than that, Microsoft could have done much more on this particular update.
What have you got against Windows 10 anyway... I've got it. I mean, apart from the fact it's broken like usual, not like 8 or Vista though! Keeps being intrusive, taking away your freedom etc. etc. Otherwise I mean, we didn't have much option... it's free forever and will always be upgraded... right?

Still I've had to go back to 7 a couple times to re-install 10 but if all else fails I've still got my Windows '95 disks, '98, Millennium Edition, XP, Vista, 7 and 8 lol... sad I didn't get a Commodore 64, still... 8 bit would probably give TLOPO a run for it's money, hold on maybe not! It had 64 KB of RAM and a whole 20 KB ROM!;)

What have you got against Windows 10 anyway... I've got it. I mean, apart from the fact it's broken like usual, not like 8 or Vista though! Keeps being intrusive, taking away your freedom etc. etc. Otherwise I mean, we didn't have much option... it's free forever and will always be upgraded... right?

Still I've had to go back to 7 a couple times to re-install 10 but if all else fails I've still got my Windows '95 disks, '98, Millennium Edition, XP, Vista, 7 and 8 lol... sad I didn't get a Commodore 64, still... 8 bit would probably give TLOPO a run for it's money, hold on maybe not! It had 64 KB of RAM and a whole 20 KB ROM!;)
I don't think it's free anymore. I do have it and think it's OK - however the forced updates and hidden settings turned on behind users backs make me furious lol

I don't think it's free anymore. I do have it and think it's OK - however the forced updates and hidden settings turned on behind users backs make me furious lol
Free for us that upgraded while it was Free... lol Having said that I've just spent hours, strangely enough right now... disabling "driver verification" all sorts of stuff looking at the "Blue Screen Of Death" over and over...& over again... lol (great my switch didn't break)

Anything "Just no re-install!", now I'm trying to make a post while it's working... and see if I can stop this IRQL less than "not true" nightmare... I'll post while I still have a second! lol ;)

Last edited:
Back