Pirates Online Minecraft Map Project

Captain Ghosty

Wanted Pirate
What would you say if there was a way that we can create a POTCO Map on Minecraft? We can recreate all the islands and start getting the POTCO community more involved. I have recreated some places that were from the game like Fort Charles and the Governors Mansion in creative mode.

If we are to remake a Minecraft world in POTCO I guess I would need...
  1. Server
  2. Builders
  3. Organizers
  4. Coders
I don't know much about programming and all but I do love to building things in Minecraft. If there is anyone that is a expert in Minecraft please join this project and maybe we can do some stuffs that will help bring the POTCO community more closer.

Well, I'm no expert on this game. My kids both play it, and I know that they have several updates now and then that are collaborations of other games. The latest of which was Skyrim.

However, I think that Mojang would the the only people who could possibly do this. It is an idea for sure to create an add-on world based on POTC, but I doubt that they could do one that is like POTCO. POTCO no longer exists for one. Also, it would require some kind of agreement with Disney to use anything based upon the movies.

You could approach Mojang with this idea and see what they say, however I think the only thing anyone can do that is related to POTCO or POTC would be what you have done in creative mode. I highly doubt that they will get permission from Disney to do anything related to anything that Disney owns or previously owned.

Well, I'm no expert on this game. My kids both play it, and I know that they have several updates now and then that are collaborations of other games. The latest of which was Skyrim.

However, I think that Mojang would the the only people who could possibly do this. It is an idea for sure to create an add-on world based on POTC, but I doubt that they could do one that is like POTCO. POTCO no longer exists for one. Also, it would require some kind of agreement with Disney to use anything based upon the movies.

You could approach Mojang with this idea and see what they say, however I think the only thing anyone can do that is related to POTCO or POTC would be what you have done in creative mode. I highly doubt that they will get permission from Disney to do anything related to anything that Disney owns or previously owned.

We would not need the rights or anything from Disney nor would we need to contact Mojang.

We just need of bunch of good minecraft builders with a ton of screenshots of pirates to work on chunks of islands at a time. Yeah it will be a while before the map is complete but it will be fun! :)

Server hosting ranges from free to maybe 30 bucks a month. (free being you host it on your own computer, like the 2 I run.)

Anyone up for the challenge? I am great with crude buildings, repairing land masses, redstone contraptions.

Programmers would be needed for any game changes which are considered mods. They would need to know Java fluently to work on the game.

Texture artists would also be necessary to make the designs and textures for weapons/items.

We would not need the rights or anything from Disney nor would we need to contact Mojang.

We just need of bunch of good minecraft builders with a ton of screenshots of pirates to work on chunks of islands at a time. Yeah it will be a while before the map is complete but it will be fun! :)

Server hosting ranges from free to maybe 30 bucks a month. (free being you host it on your own computer, like the 2 I run.)

Anyone up for the challenge? I am great with crude buildings, repairing land masses, redstone contraptions.

Programmers would be needed for any game changes which are considered mods. They would need to know Java fluently to work on the game.

Texture artists would also be necessary to make the designs and textures for weapons/items.

I still say this project is still able to go well :) Yes it may take a very long time to finish but to me I just know that this would mean a lot towards POTCO players :)!!!!

What would you say if there was a way that we can create a POTCO Map on Minecraft? We can recreate all the islands and start getting the POTCO community more involved. I have recreated some places that were from the game like Fort Charles and the Governors Mansion in creative mode.

If we are to remake a Minecraft world in POTCO I guess I would need...
  1. Server
  2. Builders
  3. Organizers
  4. Coders
I don't know much about programming and all but I do love to building things in Minecraft. If there is anyone that is a expert in Minecraft please join this project and maybe we can do some stuffs that will help bring the POTCO community more closer.
Sorry to burst your bubble but, a Bukkit Minecraft server is not cheap. To have a good lag free environment, you need multiple servers for various areas. And depending on how many people you have playing it can get up to $1000+ per month. Hypixel's server is very popular and it costs about $2000+. Of course he probably gets more than that in donations.

Mojang doesn't create the worlds or servers. The players do. Mojang simply adds the content that makes this all possible. They have things called texture packs that allow the player to re-texture any block in any resolution. The players have created a mod that allows advanced texture packs to allow random textures for blocks (the stone block will have two+ textures and the mod will randomly choose one to use). And recently Mojang has added the option to modify and add sounds to the game through texture packs. They have also added more technical things that help map makers (people who create worlds with a quest or something similar) make their maps more exciting.

Sorry to burst your bubble but, a Bukkit Minecraft server is not cheap. To have a good lag free environment, you need multiple servers for various areas. And depending on how many people you have playing it can get up to $1000+ per month. Hypixel's server is very popular and it costs about $2000+. Of course he probably gets more than that in donations.

I run a simple survival server on an old Pentium 4 desktop that I got from family a few years back. it cant handle a ton of water effects but it is enough for survival without lag.

My creative server on the other hand, runs off my main pc.

Specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon II X4 650 3.2Ghz

12 GB's of DDR3 ram

idk the brand but it has a 7200 RPM 1 terabyte hard drive

I think its an ATI Radeon HD 6570 GDDR3 Graphics card.

That being said, servers, do not have to cost over $1k.

Sure that pc cost about $700 when I first got it but I got it to replace my aging pc which couldnt run games anymore. Not to run a minecraft server :)

To be able to handle a large amount of people I would say get a 1TB hard drive, 12 GB's of ram, and a decent quad core, and a great internet connection. I will have to do tests but you could even go cheap and buy the low end A10 APU's from AMD.

(That set up is for a home server that 1 person has overall control of the server but can appoint moderators to help out maintain it and keep the order.)

They are good for what ever you decide the throw at them, even more so for the desktop versions.

----------------------------

If you want to pay for a server being run on a virtual machine that is being run on a blade server then go ahead :) Those things are meant for that but are quite expensive :)

I run a simple survival server on an old Pentium 4 desktop that I got from family a few years back. it cant handle a ton of water effects but it is enough for survival without lag.

My creative server on the other hand, runs off my main pc.

Specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon II X4 650 3.2Ghz

12 GB's of DDR3 ram

idk the brand but it has a 7200 RPM 1 terabyte hard drive

I think its an ATI Radeon HD 6570 GDDR3 Graphics card.

That being said, servers, do not have to cost over $1k.

Sure that pc cost about $700 when I first got it but I got it to replace my aging pc which couldnt run games anymore. Not to run a minecraft server :)

To be able to handle a large amount of people I would say get a 1TB hard drive, 12 GB's of ram, and a decent quad core, and a great internet connection. I will have to do tests but you could even go cheap and buy the low end A10 APU's from AMD.

(That set up is for a home server that 1 person has overall control of the server but can appoint moderators to help out maintain it and keep the order.)

They are good for what ever you decide the throw at them, even more so for the desktop versions.

----------------------------

If you want to pay for a server being run on a virtual machine that is being run on a blade server then go ahead :) Those things are meant for that but are quite expensive :)

Yes, but it would not be a plain survival or creative server. It would have to handle the effects we throw at it. On Hypixel's Minecraft mini-game server he has a mini-game that involves blocks flying up into the air in a tornado look, he has huge explosions that send blocks flying. All of these things that would be very cool to have in a POTCO-Minecraft remake are very resource intensive, not to mention all of the custom plugins that would be needed to trigger these kinds of events would take up a ton of CPU usage.

Back