Skitscape Texture Pack [Fan Continuation by me]

Bart Gunshot

Site Founder
I thought I would post my texture pack here, as it is nearing a stage where I am very happy with the progress. I have been working on this pack for more than two years, nearing three. This is a fan continuation of the original version of the pack, made by a Youtuber I used to watch and enjoy, Skitscape. I liked his texture pack, but sadly he discontinued it back in beta 1.8. I was playing version 1.2.5 at that time so I updated most of the textures up to that point, back when the terrain.png (a single image with every texture in Minecraft on it) was still a thing.

Here I am now writing this almost three years later, still updating the pack. Getting rid of my old terrible textures that I made almost three years ago, posting it to the community who really inspired me to do this kind of stuff.

I personally don't use this pack very often, its very cartoonish and I prefer default. However I still do love making the textures and I d0 like the look of it.

Enough of the chit-chat let's get to the pack.

skitscapetitle.png

This texture pack is a 16x16 pack, with SOME exceptions. I have made some things a larger resolution such as lily pads with flowers, the enchanting table book, font, sky, and some other things. This is generally just so I can put some detail in with the user actually recognizing what the detail is. The pack is officially for 1.7.10 at the moment, I am waiting for Optifine/MCpatcher to update before updating to 1.8. However, the pack will still function when using 1.8, only the 1.8 blocks will not be custom textured, they will be default.

So far only blocks, font, GUI, and the paintings have been textured. Everything else is on the to do list though, however it takes time.

This texture pack uses the random textures, connected textures, and better sky capabilities of MCpatcher and/or Optifine. To get the full experience of the pack it is recommended you install one of these mods. For instance, there are 11 textures for the lily pad. If you are not using one of these mods only one of these textures will show, however if you do use one of the mods all 11 textures will be randomly assigned to each lily pad. Making for a very colorful and diverse world!

ShowcaseScreenshots.png
Showcase1.png
2014-09-30_19.01.52.png

2014-09-28_13.31.37.png

2014-09-05_19.44.44.png

2014-09-20_18.00.49.png

2014-09-20_17.47.41.png

If you wish to download and check this pack out please visit my official post at Planet Minecraft. It is kind of a laggy website however, it is the most popular website when it comes to Minecraft projects and texture packs.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/skitscape-texture-pack-15/

Just made a video, my best work yet in my opinion. All of the sounds and music were manually placed as I forgot to record sounds when I was at my friend's house recording this. (He has a much better computer than me, that allows the shaders shown.)

Got back into Resource/Texture pack making. Decided to start with texturing the Ocean Temple. I'll eventually be creating a 3D model for the Sea Lantern.
2016-06-05_20.23.23.png

Back