Release Notes 2017-5-31 tlopo-rc-v1.0.10

:pirate:Well, since this update I had one disconnect while attempting to dock, but as it didn't re occur after recreating the situation 2x I figure it was 'just one of those things'.

I've docked 4 or 5 times and landed on solid ground every time after that initial dc.

Yesterday I completed part of a task (kill X ships to retrieve X item), tonight while attempting to complete this task I killed maybe 6 of the required ship and didn't appear to have gained the last item to complete the task but, after docking to empty my ship of cargo the item was credited to me and the task completed (despite it not showing on the quest tracker while I was still aboard ship that I had retrieved the final item). Not a major issue for me, but I thought I'd mention it.

loading screens while going aboard ship and going in and out of buildings seem to be taking longer, but I can live with that :)

Overall it's looking pretty good to me so far....Thanks, as always, for your continued hard work :cheers:

Hopefully fix 2 will work. Can you guys focus on the quest bugs next since a lot of people can't continue / get quests including myself.

Yours truly again. Another great update. Now on to the list of bugs:
  • Ship loots are only Gold Bars and Iron Ore. No ship building materials.
  • Flagships that are crippled, but not boarded (or if boarding party is defeated), the flagship will sink, but not respawn.
  • Fishing bug where the hook may not sink when throwing the line half distance or less. Even the sink line ability doesn't work if this happens. Doesn't always occur, but it does sometimes.
  • Player War Galleons take too much damage. 3 hits from enemy ship Firebrand (SvE, not confirmed for SvS) will turn the armor from 100% to 0%. Even my friggin' War Sloop can take more punishment than THAT. (Needs confirmation)
  • Player ships may spawn on top of Player Fishing Boats.
  • The poor undead Simian on Devil's Anvil still takes damage from Voodoo Staffs.
  • Certain ships will spawn in groups (of 2 or 3) and travel around like the 7 dwarfs from Snow White. (Not as common as before, only 3 groups seen so far)
  • Flagship Navy Man-O-War navigational path is set though Isla de la Avaricia. (I'll post screenshot in Megathread: Glitches and Bugs)
  • Broadside cannons completely whiffing... er, missing the enemy ships. Not too big an issue, just annoying.
  • Certain enemy ship attacks are invisible. If I knew which ones, I'd tell.
  • Undead War Frigate Enemy ships still constantly hit themselves with thunderbolt. Don't know if this damages them.
  • Undead War Sloop Enemy ships (as in every Undead Flagship) are significantly faster than other enemy War Sloop ships
    *UPDATE* Apparently, all enemy ships are now faster for some reason. Thank you @Tiame for this info.
  • Opening the inventory chest, regardless of tab, might show the sub-tabs of weapons as it would appear in the skills tab.
  • Shipwright bug is still there when repairing ships. (Again, Esc key to leave when this happens)
Overall, great update. No more spawning under the islands. No more crashing when the day phase shifts, no more Journal entry issues... at least for me. It also appears that enemy ship now spawn/render in a little further than before to me. Well done.

Last edited:
Yours truly again. Another great update. Now on to the list of bugs:
  • Ship loots are only Gold Bars and Iron Ore.
  • Flagships that are crippled, but not boarded (or if boarding party is defeated), the flagship will sink, but not respawn.
  • Fishing bug where the hook may not sink when throwing the line half distance or less. Even the sink line ability doesn't work if this happens. Doesn't always occur, but it does sometimes.
  • Player War Galleons take too much damage. 3 hits from enemy ship Firebrand (SvE, not confirmed for SvS) will turn the armor from 100% to 0%. Even my friggin' War Sloop can take more punishment than THAT. (Needs confirmation from others)
  • Player ships may spawn on top of Player Fishing Boats.
  • The poor undead Simian on Devil's Anvil still takes damage from Voodoo Staffs.
  • Certain ships will spawn in groups (of 2 or 3) and travel around like the 7 dwarfs from Snow White. (Not as common as before, only 3 groups seen so far)
  • Flagship Navy Man-O-War navigational path is set though Isla de la Avaricia. (I'll post screenshot in Megathread: Glitches and Bugs)
  • Broadside cannons completely whiffing... er, missing the enemy ships. Not too big an issue, just annoying.
  • Certain enemy ship attacks are invisible. If I knew which ones, I'd tell.
  • Undead War Frigate Enemy ships still constantly hit themselves with thunderbolt. Don't know if this damages them.
  • Undead War Sloop Enemy ships (as in every Undead Flagship) are significantly faster than other enemy War Sloop ships (Needs confirmation)
  • Opening the inventory chest, regardless of tab, might show the sub-tabs of weapons as it would appear in the skills tab.
  • Shipwright bug is still there when repairing ships. (Again, Esc key to leave when this happens)
Overall, great update. No more spawning under the islands. No more crashing when the day phase shifts, no more Journal entry issues... at least for me. It also appears that enemy ship now spawn/render in a little further than before to me. Well done.
You missed being able to click on players with weapon out / right clicking g.

You missed being able to click on players with weapon out / right clicking g.
Works fine for me. *UPDATE* No, you're right. Doesn't work. Don't know what I'm talking about. I was left clicking instead of right clicking. But the left clicking does work with or without weapon out.

Last edited:
Well I didn't change anything, and all public ships I gun on crashes(back to launcher) most or all of crew when it ports with full loot. Also, I'm crashing my own ships every time I port to Padres or Devil's Anvil. Enemy ships seem way speedier again.

Works fine for me. *UPDATE* No, you're right. Doesn't work. Don't know what I'm talking about. I was left clicking instead of right clicking. But the left clicking does work with or without weapon out.
Which, funny enough, is the problem. You're not supposed to be able to bring up player cards with your weapon out. It gets especially annoying on crowded ships, where apparently you can actually click other people on board while you're using a cannon.

Which, funny enough, is the problem. You're not supposed to be able to bring up player cards with your weapon out. It gets especially annoying on crowded ships, where apparently you can actually click other people on board while you're using a cannon.
Yep exactly. I just use ctrl instead of left click because of it.

There is a bug which docking to an island from boat leads to the game crashing without any error message. Also happens when interacting with an NPC; I crashed one time when I tried to submit a quest to Jack Redat. The quest line progresses, but I had to log in to the game again.

There is a bug which docking to an island from boat leads to the game crashing without any error message. Also happens when interacting with an NPC; I crashed one time when I tried to submit a quest to Jack Redat. The quest line progresses, but I had to log in to the game again.
I've been getting that too. Crashing errors, IMO, are expected since this game is still in Beta. Besides, the reasons for the crashes can be a multitude of things, including the game's coding, the hardware you're using, the compatibility, etc.

Back