Release Notes 2017-6-10 tlopo-rc-v1.1.1

Yours truly again. My eye is doing a lot better since my surgery, thank you. Now in 1.1.1? Well then, time to see what we got. List of bugs coming right up!
  • Too much crashing on High Seas.
  • Allegedly, throwing daggers are causing people to crash
  • Leaving crew takes forever, if it even works.
  • Too many enemy ships (aggro'd) will cause the game to freak out. I suggest that for people grinding for ship materials, you do it as far away from other ships as possible.
  • Ship loot still only gives Iron Ore, Gold Bars, and Diamonds. Aren't there others?
  • When sailing and using broadside cannons (confirmed for War Brig), the cannons will sometimes shoot in the OPPOSITE direction. (How is that even physically possible?)
  • Since people love to take advantage of crewing up on one ship, the game will go "duuuurr" sometimes and allow more than the max shipmates allowed on the ship. For me, I've had 14/12 people on my War Brig. Help was marvelous though... until I crashed and I couldn't get back on my ship. NOTE TO DEVS: Add a kick option for my own ship so I can get back on.
  • Personal ships that end up sunk by crew when you're not aboard will cause issues, including inability to repair ship and the game deleting it from you inventory. Restarting fixes the deleting issue.
  • Issue I've noticed since the game servers were open again, any explosive attacks that have splash damage (i.e. Explosive shot, Grenade, etc.) will stack on each other. Here's an example: when boarding a flagship, try using a grenade on all the enemies while standing next to them. Now look at your health. I lose 90% of my health. Now try doing that to just 1 enemy anywhere else. You only lose 200 or 300 health. Same thing happens when enemy ships use explosive shot, the spammed explosive shot stack on each other, causing my ship to sink in just 4 seconds flat.

Last edited:
No, it's happened to me. If you use a throwing knife (not a dagger) that has the drain health effect, it will immediately crash your game when you use the "double throw" skill.
Ah. Ok. You can't just say "dagger". I wasn't aware of how specific the weapon was. Unfortunately, I don't have any like that, so I can't test that out. If anyone else can confirm this, I'll add it to the list.

This update keeps restarting each time I try to login, not sure why. Is there no way to manually update?

Last edited:
so i was just doing some ship material looting and it gives barely anything for the drops.
EDIT.
and now the bounty hunters / tally ho ships are not even coming to attack.

Last edited:
Ahoy everyone, I wanted to help you all out with a list of bugs I've noticed, or continued to notice, with this latest update, starting with, of course, bounty hunters.
  • Speed - HOLY MARY MOTHER OF- Wow, they're fast! Like, faster than light sloop fast. It's outrageously hard to engage them one on one, even with a crew, because they do gargantuan amounts of damage, and can outmaneuver you in almost every way. They've also just sort of, teleported around sometimes, when I start to outrun them, they just *poof* right beside me.
  • Spawning - So, when I get the scoundrel rank to start spawning hunters (skull and 2 bones) sometimes they never come. So I keep plundering to the next rank, and then sometimes the warships never come. And if I'm lucky enough to get one, sometimes when I sink it, I never get any more.
  • Plunder - This pertains, to all ships, but with hunters particularly, I'm not getting much of anything in the way of materials. They drop one chest of materials, and it only ends up being like, 2 of X material.
And lastly, some general high seas bugs that I've noticed, that are still affecting me.
  • Open Fire/Take Cover - These maneuvers are still not functioning when there are other pirates aboard my ship. They work fine when I'm solo, but not with someone aboard.
  • Plunder - Yeah, I mentioned it earlier, but, its' bad. My treasure sense is as high as it gets, and I'm still sinking high level ships, and getting 3 cargo crates. I'm lucky to port with a Royal Chest!
  • Crashes - It's in semi-open beta, I totally understand, and I'm not by any means whining about this. I've promised to get a crash report, and I keep forgetting, but as soon as I do, I'll attach it to this reply! Crashes seem to have gotten more frequent (for me anyways) since this update. As I've mentioned before, it comes from nowhere, for seemingly no reason, the game just closes. I PROMISE I'll get you all a crash report, so you can better assess the context!
Hope this helps you all learn what bugs are out there, and whats getting better! Thanks for your continued great work on TLOPO, I'm glad I can be a tester! Until next time mates! :)

As promised, here are a few crash reports from my sailing tonight! It was pretty bad tonight, people (including myself) were dropping like flies, but at least I got some logs, yeah?

Attachments

• Log 1.log
    187.5 KB · Views: 84
  • tlopo-170612_002724.log
    412.2 KB · Views: 116
Ahoy everyone, I wanted to help you all out with a list of bugs I've noticed, or continued to notice, with this latest update, starting with, of course, bounty hunters.
  • Speed - HOLY MARY MOTHER OF- Wow, they're fast! Like, faster than light sloop fast. It's outrageously hard to engage them one on one, even with a crew, because they do gargantuan amounts of damage, and can outmaneuver you in almost every way. They've also just sort of, teleported around sometimes, when I start to outrun them, they just *poof* right beside me.
  • Spawning - So, when I get the scoundrel rank to start spawning hunters (skull and 2 bones) sometimes they never come. So I keep plundering to the next rank, and then sometimes the warships never come. And if I'm lucky enough to get one, sometimes when I sink it, I never get any more.
  • Plunder - This pertains, to all ships, but with hunters particularly, I'm not getting much of anything in the way of materials. They drop one chest of materials, and it only ends up being like, 2 of X material.
And lastly, some general high seas bugs that I've noticed, that are still affecting me.
  • Open Fire/Take Cover - These maneuvers are still not functioning when there are other pirates aboard my ship. They work fine when I'm solo, but not with someone aboard.
  • Plunder - Yeah, I mentioned it earlier, but, its' bad. My treasure sense is as high as it gets, and I'm still sinking high level ships, and getting 3 cargo crates. I'm lucky to port with a Royal Chest!
  • Crashes - It's in semi-open beta, I totally understand, and I'm not by any means whining about this. I've promised to get a crash report, and I keep forgetting, but as soon as I do, I'll attach it to this reply! Crashes seem to have gotten more frequent (for me anyways) since this update. As I've mentioned before, it comes from nowhere, for seemingly no reason, the game just closes. I PROMISE I'll get you all a crash report, so you can better assess the context!
Hope this helps you all learn what bugs are out there, and whats getting better! Thanks for your continued great work on TLOPO, I'm glad I can be a tester! Until next time mates! :)
this post summs up sailing.

If my understanding of that skill is correct, it only effects the quality of the loot inside a container, it doesn't effect the container itself. My reasoning for this is if it effected the container then it would benefit everyone on the ship (don't mistake this as me saying this is a bad thing).

Just wikied this and it doesn't really specify if it effects the actual containers just it effects the contents. One of the comments said it effects both so nothing really concrete.
Wiki: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Sense

If my understanding of that skill is correct, it only effects the quality of the loot inside a container, it doesn't effect the container itself. My reasoning for this is if it effected the container then it would benefit everyone on the ship (don't mistake this as me saying this is a bad thing).

Just wikied this and it doesn't really specify if it effects the actual containers just it effects the contents. One of the comments said it effects both so nothing really concrete.
Wiki: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Sense
If my memory serves me correctly, it does affect the actual container. Back in my POTCO days, I had my Treasure Sense at 5, and received a sea charm, that boosted it by 2. Before I would equip it, I would get say, 2 royals, and a treasure chest from some War Sloop. After equipping, I would get maybe, 3-5 royals, from the same War Sloop. I don't know if it affects the internals, but regardless, there are problems with both at the moment lol!

Back