Release Notes 2018-3-24 tlopo-rc-v1.12.0

Features
  • All-new cave: Forsaken Shallows. Venture deep into Isla Tormenta and discover a new cave filled with powerful new enemies.
  • 19 new Cursed Blades (6 Legendary, 8 Famed, and 5 Rare) can now be looted on Isla Tormenta and in El Patron's Mine! It's up to you to uncover these new blades!
  • There are six new bosses in Forsaken Shallows and Cursed Caverns. These high ranking members of Davy Jones' crew are not to be trifled with!
  • Cicatriz, a deadly ghost boss, can now be found at the Northern Idol in El Patron's Mine alongside a posse of her men.
  • Added multiple new passive and active weapon skills for the new Cursed Blades.
  • A new high-level enemy type, Spout, can be found in Forsaken Shallows.
  • Redeem the code DAVYHAT by April 24th for an all-new clothing item!
Bugfixes
  • Fixed an issue related to the game icon.
Maintenance
  • Changed dates for some upcoming holidays.
  • Code cleanup.
  • Localizer grammar/typo fixes.

I have been having issues being let into the game for several days now, still waiting for support to get back to me.

I'd love to get on about now to be part of this update, but regardless, it's always nice to see progress and new content!

(Edit, just finished a PC reboot, and uninstalled>reinstalled TLOPO, and it looks like I'm in now.)

Last edited:
What's the point in having two bosses next to each other? Also I don't think the new bosses drop loot maybe it's just me, and the enemies in the new cave are super aggressive I mean I was 30 feet away and they started attacking me.

A new high-level enemy type, Spout, can be found in Forsaken Shallows.
Code:
        3: {
            9: ('Spout', ('a Spout', 'Spouts')) }

Spouts were originally cut content from POTCO. If this is going to become a trend, the future of this game looks very promising.

What's the point in having two bosses next to each other? Also I don't think the new bosses drop loot maybe it's just me, and the enemies in the new cave are super aggressive I mean I was 30 feet away and they started attacking me.
You probably have to get used to this, as the dev's are trying to get the enemies to work like they do in every single other mmo. And that is to react in a more natural way, other than standing still while you stand in their faces and wave a weapon and shout NA nA NA na naaaaa naa come and get me neener neener.

That's no way for an enemy to put up with that.
Plus, having an active mob will help out big time for leveling.

Because it's COOL!
At some point the loot will work better as well.
I already know that they're still working on the game and you'd get knocked down if you attack both those bosses no matter if you use life drain and a tonic so even if it looks cool it's not necessary in my opinion.

You probably have to get used to this, as the dev's are trying to get the enemies to work like they do in every single other mmo. And that is to react in a more natural way, other than standing still while you stand in their faces and wave a weapon and shout NA nA NA na naaaaa naa come and get me neener neener.

That's no way for an enemy to put up with that.
Plus, having an active mob will help out big time for leveling.
Yeah they should make the enemies aggressive but not to the point where you're not even near them and they gang up on you nonstop.

Yeah they should make the enemies aggressive but not to the point where you're not even near them and they gang up on you nonstop.
I didn't get that impression. I plan my route more less to density of enemies, specially in Shallows, but haven't had too many issues with too many at once given I don't tread close to them in the first place.

What is funny Is the bosses will follow you almost out of the cave if you let them. When a boss in shallows locks on you, nothing else matters to them. It's like smasho, who will get himself stuck in the wall trying to get to you. I think enemy proximity is still a work in progress everywhere.

upload_2018-3-28_9-54-21.png

I also noticed that at least part of the new cave is from the old Tormenta cave from original POTCO. It even has the guy digging. I was very happy to see this as I was pretty bummed my old leveling spot had been removed.

Found some bugs with the latest update, First bug is when trying to dock, it doesn't dock you right away when you click the dock button, it takes a few seconds, very annoying and can really ruin your entire run if low on health. Second Bug is also with sailing, if you get loot chests and loot skull chests when you dock it doesn't show you got anything. it basically takes them away from you. Thanks

Back