4 Wks after Potco.. what are yall doing? and testimony

Punkin Pie

Pirate Lord
It's already been 4 weeks since Potco closed. I know a lot of us talk here and there, but I wanted to make this thread to ask how everyone is doing. And also if you have a testimony you would like to share, like I want to. I never posted many random threads, other than the *soap thread, so it means that this one is important to me.

It was a rough transition for everyone when the game closed. Some people were going to try and fight for it back, others were devastated, and many started new games. Some of us weren't friends in game, and now feel badly about things that happened - cough - and want to apologize.
I want to do that first, because the past year in game was very challenging and stressful to me.

I know it's in the past, but I want to apologize to anyone that I may have offended during our life on Pirates.

A lot went on in game that many people didn't know about (other than our officers). I don't want to get into the guild threats or attacks, but I want to say that it forced me to trust people less. There were many times that people were booted or banned to defend the guild. I always shared my thoughts with our officers before people were booted. Their opinion always counted, I never just randomly booted people. I always wanted to get to know new people and make them feel like part of the guild family. Well, after so many things were happening, it just really made it tough to trust people that I didn't know well. I tried to make amends with people in game the last month, but many I didn't get to see. So, I'm truly sorry to anyone who was booted if they were judged wrongly. Some were booted more than once (no comment Supah, lol); I always thought people should be forgiven, and given more chances. It was pretty rough at times. That's all I have.

*Soap thread, with my old level buddy Captain Gunrose (looking fine girlfriend, lol) :p
https://piratesforums.co/threads/omg-give-me-some-soap-matey-im-filthy.6915/

I've been trying out Lotro, though a lot of friends went to Star Wars.
I miss everyone.
Now, what have YOU been doing?

STO (Star Trek Online). I've been playing it since 2012. I also play Minecraft. I played LOTRO briefly, but it didn't really hold my interest.

I don't really miss POTCO as much as I thought I would by now. During It's last year I didn't play that much so maybe that is why I don't miss it that much. Only thing I will never get over is the very good friends I've lost. I'm in contact with only 3 of about 9ish, only one that I still talk to I've known since the beginning. For me life has been too busy to play any games lately. (Writing this between finishing a essay and going to sleep.) When I do have some time during the weekend I play mostly Minecraft. Other games that I've been playing when I'm not playing Minecraft are: Terraria, Kerbal Space Program, and FTB(completely modded Minecraft).

Haven't looked into playing anymore MMOs. Mostly because POTCO was an exception to my gaming preferences, and also because I do not have the time or money to invest in a MMO.

So yeah, thats my life right now.

I've been in state of "limbo" lately, not really sure of which direction I am now suppose to take...

Prior to POTCO, I was never too interested in playing games really and much like Bart Gunshot it seems that now - as it was in the past - there is just not enough time to go around to begin to look into playing any other MMO games.

*I would have to say that this closing of POTCO has been particularly rough for me (more so than I had thought) on account that I have devoted the entire last year into not "playing" POTCO but rather contributing to areas which needed attention on behalf of the game. For me, the game's closing is quite a let-down on account of the struggle which was fought to avoid such a closing in the first place.

Well...I guess that is how LIFE goes though sometimes, aye? (shrugs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Life has gotten a hold of me, so i haven't been playing a whole lot, when i do get the chance i play Left 4 dead, CoD, Forsaken world. But that's it, although, i am planning on getting Minecraft and Assassins Creed Black Flag. Also i am writing a book about the game as in events, role play, all of that.
As far as POTCO goes, i haven't played that much even before the game closed, i guess i lost interest. it is sad to see it go like that. But, it was a good game, and the best 4 years of my life, I have never played a game like it really.
And Edward making a new game, as good as that sounds i may not be able to play that either, (not trying to be a downer) but you know, one day you just don't have enough time. :mad:

Well...I guess that is how LIFE goes though sometimes, aye? (shrugs) [/quote]

Yes true, but not from DISNEY! lol Walt is turning over in his grave!

I miss my toons, my guild, and potco friends very much. Our guild has moved to Lord of the Rings Online, and members are slowly finding their way there. But it's not the same. I miss what we had :(
>>>--Disney--> you broke my heart.
Same here Cougar, I'm personally working on getting 10 people to join me on LOTRO and all would love to join into a guild again! - I'll always be around with you in Dark Archive Cougar :) Very Proud to be a officer here and if you ever need anything you know who to call :3

Your friend - That crazy Monk :3

I have been playing on Vizzed.com, all old school nes games,....They have the original Pirates game on there which is very fun...besides that not much...... Someone on POTCO had me booted within the last 3 months so im still ticked about that...(thinking someone is your friend then having you booted,not cool)

Well, since the closure of POTCO (has it really only been four weeks or so?), my life has been taking me on most unexpected paths. I don't wish to elaborate too much, but between trying to further my education and attempting to get a job/s, I find myself mentally exhausted each day. I can only get on my e-mail, or for that matter any forum, for sporadic bursts. However, I attempt to keep up with the latest in gaming (the internet is worth something after all!) and with my friends. I may not contact them, but I at least attempt to keep up with their activities. I now truly understand what my parents have been preparing me for, and that is just simply this: Life.

As for shifting to other games? Well, I have laid out plans for the future (dangerous thing to do, I know, and they may not even become "reality" until next year sometime) to shift over to where my DA family has made their official switch to, LOTRO, as well as shift to where some of my best POTCO friends have gone, SWTOR.

And that, mates, is what I am doing, and will be doing for quite a spell, if I can at least vaguely follow my course of action.

Regards,

Ben Cabingrin

Since the closing... well... I haven't actually been affected much. I didn't really play it much for the last year and a half. Most of my really good friends quit except for like two, both of whom are on the forums... so I didn't really lose anyone. Mostly, I've been doing what I did before the closing. I've mostly been playing GTA V, Uncharted, various Battlefield and Call of Duty titles lol... been writing too. Working on a story about my pirate, Davy Bridgerackham, and the fictional account of his last year before dying on September 19th, 1747... other than the story I'm writing though... nothings really changed. I do miss the game somewhat. I never really logged on... the game might as well have closed a year earlier than it did for me... but I guess you only truly realize what you have when you don't have it anymore.

I Plan on playing AC black flag and i play gtaV a lot. but i think we should all switch to the Elder Scrolls online! its sick and gonna be a big hit when it comes out! yall should check it out! the only problem is that its going to be 15$ a month which aint to bad! first month free!

I hadn't been playing it a lot, but I was crushed when I found out it was closing. I think Disney should have tried harder to save it. I'm not saying Disney made the wrong choice, though, they can do whatever they think is best.

*Long post coming up*

I miss everyone, as well. I want to thank everyone who helped me (even in the negative way, criticism only changed me for the better by the end of POTCO's days) with all of my adventures in POTCO. I can say that Pirates Online has been one roller-coaster of a video game. I can still remember the fact that I was shaking for almost two hours upon getting the legendary World Eater Blade on 4/8/13. I remember the time when I wanted to delete my alternate pirate after he got booted from too many guilds. I still held on to him, and while leveling him up, he got the revered Thunderspine Sword at level 43, a major accomplishment for me. Two days after that, while feeling a bit down, I picked up on Blightfang Edge on him. (Bort had it already, but it was a very good broadsword for a pirate in his forties.) One day after that, I finally found the Lost Sword of El Patron on him. A couple months after that, my other alternate pirate, who I play around on with my brother, found the Lost Sword as well. Then, three days before the game's closure, I said it was time I got my main pirate another legendary weapon. About 10-20 minutes later? Blade of the Abyss. Weapons aren't all that matter, however. I also remember the people who have helped me through my travels. One person directly whispered to me that I would get a famed soon if I tried hard enough. (Reflecting back on it, she was probably trying to just steer away from drama in guild chat...) Five minutes later, I got my first famed in ten days. Charles Warmonk's loot technique helped me in many ways, as well. All of the legendary blades, mentioned above, were found through his method. I remember me wishing to finally find the Grand Blunderbuss which I needed for Tormenta. It literally took me six months of looting, every ounce of the game put into finding it, to get it on the 19th-to-last day of the game's existence in the thrall room. So, with all that being said, thank you, everyone. I will never forget about any of you and hope to see you all in Pirates of the High Seas. Fair winds! ~Bort

I Plan on playing AC black flag and i play gtaV a lot. but i think we should all switch to the Elder Scrolls online! its sick and gonna be a big hit when it comes out! yall should check it out! the only problem is that its going to be 15$ a month which aint to bad! first month free!
I agree , I am hoping Elder scrolls will fill the MMO void that POTCO left. We should all make a POTCO guild in Elder scrolls :) If someone does please make a thread somewhere in this site so we can find how to join it..

Back