Question A Question About Crude Cannon Rams

Captain Cat

Honorable Pirate
This may come as an odd question, but lately I've been curious and figured someone here may know the answer...
Why is it that the Old Cannon Ram has a grey rarity text, instead of brownish-tone found on most other crude items?

Example Screenshot

Is it a case of developer oversight? Easier legibility? To distinguish it from other Crude items? (Though, to be fair, most Common, Rare, and Famed sea items are given their appropriate color tags, making the Old Cannon Ram rather unique...)

I'd love to know the history behind this!

Edit: this was fixed in patch 1.21.4! Thanks all!

Last edited:
This may come as an odd question, but lately I've been curious and figured someone here may know the answer...
Why is it that the Old Cannon Ram have a grey rarity text, instead of brownish-tone found on most other crude items?

View attachment 115645

Is it a case of developer oversight? Easier legibility? To distinguish it from other Crude items? (Though, to be fair, most Common, Rare, and Famed sea items are given their appropriate color tags, making the Old Cannon Ram rather unique...)

I'd love to know the history behind this!
I've never heard of a gray rarity color? Is that a throw back to potco?

That is a good question as to why the words are grey instead of brown. The background is brown though.

The name should be brown on the card itself as well. Does the card look like this?

1565843798372.png

Tweaks & Maintenance

• Changed sailing items, such as the Old Cannon Ram, to display their proper crude color in loot containers, rather than plain gray.

The grey text has patched as of 2019-08-16: tlopo-rc-v1.21.4.

Good discussion, thanks all.

:thanks:

Back