A question about skill points.

David Stormparr

Honorable Pirate
Im a little confused with the relation between skill points and weapons that grant skill points when you use them. For example: If i have 5 points in the sweep ability and i'm wielding the lost sword ( which gives a 3+ sweep boost) i technically have 8 points in my sweep ability and in the skills page it does display a 8. However are the 3+ points i get ineffective since i already my sweep ability to a level 5, meaning that, i do not get extra damage?

Im a little confused with the relation between skill points and weapons that grant skill points when you use them. For example: If i have 5 points in the sweep ability and i'm wielding the lost sword ( which gives a 3+ sweep boost) i technically have 8 points in my sweep ability and in the skills page it does display a 8. However are the 3+ points i get ineffective since i already my sweep ability to a level 5, meaning that, i do not get extra damage?
No, the three extra skill points are stacked on top of your 5 to give you more damage/effect. I believe this is also stated in the wiki somewhere if you are curious to learn more

When the game is back up I'll try to gather as much information about the scaling of each weapon to the +3 amount. :) I see questions like this a lot and think it would be of great use to many players.

IF and When they fix the weapon bonuses , It'll show 8 In a different color then the 5 showing you have a Weapon with added skills to that . Very few weapons work accordingly for added bonuses as of now . ! ARrrrrrrr ! :jar:

As an example, here are the stats for bladestorm corresponding to the number of skill points on it:
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Storm

Back