Quests Active quest beacon typically fails to show on both the minimap or in the world

thehappybub

Wanted Pirate
The little sun icon on the map showing where the currently-active quest objective is and the beam of light which shines in the world works sometimes, but rarely. I find myself having to consult the wiki a lot to find where certain people even are on an island because the quest descriptions aren't very specific in terms of locations.

I don't remember this being a problem back in POTCO so I'm guessing its some kind of bug.

SO having played like three days now, the quest light has always worked on the high seas for ships if the ship I need for the quest is in render distance. It also always works to show enemies so far. The places it doesn't work are where you have to go to talk to a certain npc. It never shows that.

Doing anything but killing ships is going to be a nightmare, for any new or returning player that doesn’t know locations and characters. I helped someone yesterday Walk through up until he got his Light sloop, because the game pretty much doesn’t work till you have a compass and ship. (You can’t reliably teleport and are limited on travel. Also don’t have a compass)

I haven’t seen a Ray other than sailing, since the new update.

Edit: Seems to be working on and off with 1.07. I turned up my graphics settings because the game has been a-lot more stable, this may have been the cause, as I turned SPFX from low or off to High. Cleared Cache and went from 1080p to 1440p

Last edited:
Update... it's not at all consistent, but I also toyed with higher graphics, I usually kept it medium before, and now it seems to show up on islands more often than before...
screenshot_2020-04-01_22-12-19.jpg
screenshot_2020-04-01_22-13-54.jpg

Back