Suggestion AFK and DND AutoReply

Would you like to see this feature in game?

• Yes

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Divine

Pirate Lord
So in-game, people are often far away and want to converse, not knowing the other person is busy or afk. So I thought of an idea from a game i used to play where when you typed to another player, he/she would autoreply with either an afk or a do not disturb message.

Similar to the /afk command, the implementation of a /dnd command to automatically respond to whispers can be fairly useful.

Example:

Divine: Hey Mark want to loot?
[Autoreply] Mark: This person is currently afk.

Divine: Hey James want to go sailing?
[Autoreply] James: This person is in do not disturb mode.

For a /dnd, I would recommend in the friend lists for a players name to have a red circle next to their name that way one wouldn't need to message that person and check later to see if /dnd is still in effect.
Or maybe a [DND] or [afk] next to their name on their player card.

I see absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be added good idea mate. One thing though, how exactly would you go into do not disturb mode? I know how you would go into afk mode but?????

I see absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be added good idea mate. One thing though, how exactly would you go into do not disturb mode? I know how you would go into afk mode but?????
similar to typing /afk in chat, you can type /dnd. The system can bring up a message that says, you have entered /dnd mode, type /dnd again to exit it.

I really don't love the dnd part because imagine this a player wants to loot alone and turns on dnd he spends all day looting and gets World Eater Blade ( cause he can ). He turns off his computer and goes to bed. The next day he wakes up and no one will talk to him! he can't figure out why! he spends the whole rest of the day being sad and then he remembers oh.... I'm in dnd mode... Also it would be really annoying when you wanna talk to people or tell them something and they just go into dnd until you leave them.

I really don't love the dnd part because imagine this a player wants to loot alone and turns on dnd he spends all day looting and gets World Eater Blade ( cause he can ). He turns off his computer and goes to bed. The next day he wakes up and no one will talk to him! he can't figure out why! he spends the whole rest of the day being sad and then he remembers oh.... I'm in dnd mode... Also it would be really annoying when you wanna talk to people or tell them something and they just go into dnd until you leave them.
DND resets when you relog

DND resets when you relog
That solves the first problem but players could still abuse it as a way to avoid chatting with and or ignoring other players. There is already an ignore button and I'm sure people only use it when there is no other option this on the other hand can be turned off and on and its more like an ignore system

I see no reason to implement this. After all Toontown would let you know if someone has been AFK for a few minutes, and wouldn't require that much code.

Yeah toontown may let you know, but TLOPO/POTCO doesn't.
After some thinking, I realized it may be the chatbox. It logs everything that goes through it, from local chat, crew chat, guild chat, and whispers, from when you first get on in that session to when you logout of that character, whereas Toontown doesn't.

Back