After crashing not being able to re-board the ship

RachelS

Swashbuckler
I have a pet peeve, a lot of times lately, I have joined a ship at the beginning only to crash as we are looking for an open port, when I re-log the ship is full & I am unable to board. I find that unfair. What a captain should do is close the ship to the public, leaving one or two spots open for people to re-turn. It's only fair. You put your 45 minutes and all your ammo into it and you get nothing in the end. It just happened to me.

I have a pet peeve, a lot of times lately, I have joined a ship at the beginning only to crash as we are looking for an open port, when I re-log the ship is full & I am unable to board. I find that unfair. What a captain should do is close the ship to the public, leaving one or two spots open for people to re-turn. It's only fair. You put your 45 minutes and all your ammo into it and you get nothing in the end. It just happened to me.
Does this crash occur often? Also, how come you didn't tell the captain before you guys started or at least warn him about you crashing. You are kind of countering you argument by putting a suggestion when you never told the captain. Not trying to sound rude or anything, but stating a point.

Does this crash occur often? Also, how come you didn't tell the captain before you guys started or at least warn him about you crashing. You are kind of countering you argument by putting a suggestion when you never told the captain. Not trying to sound rude or anything, but stating a point.
In the current state of the beta, you can assume that at least a couple of crew are going to crash on any voyage, it's hardly unusual. If you're farming for upgrade materials with a full crew, 50/50 the ship's owner crashes on porting and no-one gets loot. Public ships are a real lottery, you're much better off joining a small crew of friends that can carefully aggro one ship at a time, wait for crashed crewmates to relog and port after a sinking a couple of hunters. It feels slower, but it offers the best chance of everyone getting their share.

I don't think I have ever been on a ship that did not crashed after fighting the Hunters. Usually its at the end when trying to port and looking for a open port. Crashes are going to happen, its the nature of the beast with beta. I was only making a suggestion. You know, I have been on ships where even the captain crashed & was unable to board because the ship is full. So its in their best interests to close that ship at 10 or 11 pirates, but its their choice & I respect that & how they want to captain their ship is their choice, as it should be. There are some people who wait and find ships that the cargo is full and know it will port soon so they hop on at the end which makes people that have been there for it all to crash & end up with nothing. I love gold, but its the materials that is needed to upgrade your hulls that I miss when I crash and unable to board because it is then full. I love sailing with my friends but that is not always possible & I make so many new friends sailing. Really, really nice people. I love this game & I will continue to sail & enjoy and if I came across mean, I am truly sorry. This is beta, I don't pay for this game, its a gift, a gift, which to me is so amazing & thank you for the opportunity to play this game again. Thank you

Last edited:
Ah, well. There are 3,569 pirates registered on the forums, and 80,000 players registered on the game, so that's the other thing. If you crew with a captain at random, good odds they've never read anything posted here. I treat crewing as purely social plus skill training, and have been collecting upgrade materials by hunting the hunters. You don't have to limit yourself to the ones chasing you! :daggermouth:

Back