Ahoy, I'm RobertFirebeard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertFirebeard

Dockworker
I had played when I was 9, back in 2007. I used to want to be a Marine Biologist, but then I wanted to go to Pirate School (xD). So from that day fourth, I've been a pirate every year for Halloween, but of course now I'm older. I played from 11/17/2007 to 08/22/13 (my birthday).

I quit before the end of POTCO because I felt extremely betrayed. I felt as though a very large and significant part of my childhood was shot in the foot right then and there. I only had found out on my birthday, and needless to say, it was the worst birthday I'd had.

I remember not being able to figure out how to get my first sword, and while I was at school, my dad went to the rescue and found Will Turner and got me my first sword, in the old Port Royal. Shortly down the line, I'd seen all the weapons I could get, and unfortunately for me I didn't have money to get membership so I was always slumped. I was lucky enough to have a LOT of money saved up, however, I had nothing to spend it on but gambling. I remember getting membership in 2009, because I guessed when my teacher's baby was going to be born correctly, and I convinced my parents that guessing it justifies membership.

I got lucky because something wrong went with the payment when my dad tried to get me a year of membership, but then when the payment went wrong, disney offered a lifetime membership. (I still despise them for shutting down the game, I refuse to watch anything disney.) So, I'd gone a year without spending my money too extensively. I saved up 47k, which was just 7k over a War Galleon. I remember fishing for my money for hours, always trying to get a specific shark, and I was probably the best fisherman you could find on the seas. Unfortunately, I like to spend a lot, and I really wanted the War Galleon, but before I remembered I'd had enough for a War Galleon, I blew the money. So I sat there for a good 3 days straight farming the sharks. Then I'd finally gotten 40k to get my War Galleon. I remember the name to this day. (Headhunter General) (I name all of my Galleons that name until I got my final War Galleon in 2012 which lasted until 2013 of course, and I named it Bountyhunter Shark.)

For whatever reason I sold War Galleons twice which was incredibly stupid of me, but I liked the look of the War Sloop a lot, just SPECIFICALLY for looks, so I sold my OP War Galleon with HUGE upgrades. I then realize I completely screwed myself, and sold my War Sloop, again working towards enough money to get a War Galleon. I sold it again YET AGAIN for a War Sloop. This time I didn't sell the War Sloop, and I kept it. I worked for a War Galleon. I remember at the end of my time at POTCO, I'd gotten a War Brig, which I didn't really care for other than it shows wealth. I had a War Frigate, but I never really used it that much. Back to when I'd done other things. (I like talking about my history as a Pirate.)

I don't know why, but I feel like just throwing this in there, but I would always create Flatulent Fizz and go to Tortuga and fart repeatedly with my lads. I remember someone saying "Robert, stop it, you're speeding up global warming." (I can't quite remember if those were the exact words.) But I found it completely hilarious and showed my entire family.

So, I remember my first few days of POTCO pretty vividly. I had just gotten my first Light Sloop and a couple days later decided to get a Light Galleon. (Creating my love for Galleons.) But back to the first couple of days, I liked farming the skeletons in Old Port Royal that were close to the city. (Not the graveyard.) and I remember traveling through the forest to get to the fort when there was no gates you had to pass through, and the fort was on a peninsula, and when I got there, I would battle people that were usually 4-6 levels higher than me, of course noting that I spend a lot on Tonics. So, I didn't really care about membership at that point. I didn't really spend anything, I was focused on getting leveled up to get better swords. I remember one day getting ready to go to the fort (Can't remember if it was old port royal or new port royal, but I'm certain it was early port royal.) but someone approached me asking if I wanted a sword, and I was confused yet intrigued. I said "Sure." He responded saying something that was blanked out, and luckily we both knew a way to bypass that by going into a different chat type, and he told me the code to the sword that you can slash but lightning comes down and hits the enemy. After getting that sword, I was attacking people that were 12-20 levels higher than me, while still being a low level myself. I'd leveled up atleast 5 levels in sword within a an hour or so. I was extremely happy, and ended up founding a somewhat famous guild from Port Royal with over 1000 people, and he was the Co-Founder. A lot of people may not have heard of it as it was finally starting to rise nearing the ending of POTCO. It was called "Port Royal Mates".

To get on as to why I founded the guild, I spent a lot of time at Port Royal, and the people in the guild HAD to atleast have met me 5 times in Port Royal for me to ask them to join the guild. We would act as though Port Royal was our island, and I had designated uniforms. It included a black tricorne with a white trim, dark blue jacket, white shirt under, and white pants with boots. We'd required you get a tattoo on your arm (can't remember what it was) but if someone didn't have the money to get it we'd go out on gold runs. Eventually, we started having too many people online for us to put in just one crew, so we started a fleet system. My Co-Founder and my in real life best friend both had nice sized ships, while I had a War Galleon. We would always conduct raids on Kingshead. That was by far our favorite place to attack. We would sometimes come to Tortuga and show off our well dressed lads and large ships. I also remember we would go to Port Royal to encourage people to try and find our members, and if they could, we'd add them. It surprisingly never took that long. Eventually nearing the sunset of POTCO, we would have fleets of up to 12-20 ships. We would all work together. We made sure that all the captains (if we could fit them) would be in the same crew. We would have a designated first mate which would crew all the people on board the ship. The main reason we crewed the captains together was so that we could see who was who.

I also remember we would heavily roleplay aboard the ship. On land, it was all about us doing 'line battles' We would gather a whole bunch of people, our biggest showing having 72 people (have it written down.) and we landed in Port Royal, and would then go to the fort. All of us having muskets except for high ranking guild members. We would typically use our best swords. I remember my best friend in real life best friend and I would be in a skype/phone call and would tell eachother when to type in chat "CHARGE!" and all of us would go. We spawnkilled ALL soldiers, so that it appeared that we ourselves were holding the fort. When people not a part of the guild came in and saw us there, they were pretty confused and it was always hilarious. I remember after 'taking' the fort, we went out to sea, and by that point, almost every single captain contained a War Galleon. We would go out near Devils Anvil and circle the island completely. I don't know why, but I felt like it was a show of strength. I also remember what I did to tell the pirates that it was me out on the sea, I would use "Open Fire!" then do a left then right broadside into nowhere. I remember we would surround little tiny ships, and let them shoot at us, but we had people repairing the ships, so when the ships could not get out, we all fired broadsides into it. It was so epic.

There was only one island that we would NEVER go to. The reason for us not going to the island, is because I forbade it because I didn't happen to like the country owning it (Don't like Britain either.) and that would be Spain's island. If any of our members were caught privateering for Spain, they'd be kicked out of the guild. We would ONLY privateer for the French. Whenever it said teams are too uneven, we wouldn't just go to Spain. I remember we got there early morning one day and all became French. We had so many lads there that our guild were the only French Ships. We were completely War Galleons, and we circled our island, and sometimes would take the rocks in the middle. I would just open fire and broadside ANY Spanish ship. Doesn't matter the size or upgrades, with the amount of ships and the size of the broadsides, the ship would INSTANTLY sink. When we got bored of that, we just sailed around, not defending or anything, we'd just sail around with the French flags upon our ships. Whenever we felt inclined to show that we were working together, because we'd imagine that all the ships that weren't a part of the guild, we'd do my signature firing in line. In other words, I "Open Fire!" then shoot my left and right broadsides, after my ship was done shooting and all the balls have sunk into the water, the 2nd ship would fire, then the 3rd, etc, etc.

A lot of my game life involved

A lot of my game life involved the guild after it was created. I would talk more about my history but I fear as though most of you either didn't read or did and don't care anymore. Be sure to tell me if you're interested. xD

Wow...I see that you really got into potco..Well I hope you get a beta key so that you can once enjoy wondering the carribean seas once more.. Welcome to the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back