Question Below deck cannons.

Do below deck cannons have a slight honing?

• Total voters

wearyaxe

Honorable Pirate
Do the below deck cannons on a ship have a slight tracking/honing to them? It would seem so, because I frequently find myself being able to hit the enemy ship even when I am not at a good angle for my cannons to hit them.

Yep, they do. I hit an impossible shot this morning in my Brig. My cannons almost turned a full 90° to hit a ship.

Yes, below deck guns do have homing. The way this works is imagine your enemy is sailing in a straight line. Your broadside guns 'detect' this straight line and shoot to intercept the enemy in that straight line. If your enemy is still, your guns will fire on the spot they are being still in.

Fun Fact: In POTCO, You could abuse this to make it so NPC ships and player broadsides have a VERY difficult time hitting you. When the cannons are fired from a broadside, they are aiming towards where the ship WILL go. If you are moving at the moment a broadside is fired and you stop, the cannons will go in front of you because your trajectory drastically changed. Same for if you are stopped, they fire, and then you start moving (though you will have to accelerate.) This can also be used on you. I used to outwit a variety of NPC ships above my level by doing this.

^ This will be effective once NPC ships have proper homing since right now they just kind of spray out to a particular side.

Back