Workaround Big List of Bugs/Workarounds 1

Mikte

Honorable Pirate
A list of bugs and work-arounds I've noticed over the past 2 weeks. I tested each bug I could and noted work-arounds in red, notes/observations/suggestions in blue, and tabs/subjects are indicated in orange.

General

· Player cards: When looking at a players’ skills, the progress bars for each skill is always set just shy of leveling up until level 30, even if that skill is far from it. See Picture 1

· Tab Menu: Often, the skills page tabs, ship tabs and inventory tabs will over lap and interfere with each other. Clicking where the tab you want would be works as a bypass.

· Padres Del Fuego (Fort Dundee): Map will not change to the Fort Dundee map.

· Loot drops at the elevation the killing player is at, which can result in it appearing under the floor or mid-air out of reach.

· When a player is unloaded client side, the game will sometimes treat them as not being logged on. A player whispered to me and then wondered far enough to where they unloaded visually. Upon trying to respond to them it wouldn’t let me saying they were offline. It wasn’t until I got close enough to where they loaded back in that the game let me whisper back to them and said they were online.

· Grammar error on a loading screen, should be spelled “–increase damage by 25%.” See Picture 2

Black Pearl
· Upon teleporting to the island, reliably crashes with sound on. So far seems stable once it has already started after a few tests.

· The lookout for the battle will no longer open after it has been opened and then canceled once before, need to re-log to restore. "Matching making" variant, not one where you are a part of a crew.
===Suggestion: Include the option to teleport to a friend who has already started the battle with the condition of already accepting an invite to that same battle to cover for when times a player crashes during the battle so they aren’t left out the entire time.

Land Enemies
· French/Spanish do not move when in combat, but are able to hit from long range. Work fine during invasions though.

· Catacombs (Center Intersection): Enemies aren’t animated to battle each other.

· Most land enemies have patrol routes, they are all missing. Especially obvious when looking at Kingshead.

Graphical
· Kingshead (Armory): Going up the ramp leaving the armory and up the ramp to the left; at the top of it, the pillars outlining the left and right side of the ramp at the top do not connect with the ground. See Picture 3

· Dig Spots (Cursed Caverns: Thrall Room): Dig spots’ appearance is showing through terrain. See Picture 4

· Port Royal (Fort Charles: Archway to Ramparts): Spot overlooking the gallows, floor does is not level below archway threshold. See Picture 5

Audio
· When enabling sound effects after it has been disabled, any audio that would have played (ambient, footsteps) will play endlessly. Can be fixed by taking an action that would have caused the audio to play such as walking on dirt or floor boards respectively. Unknown fix for ambient noise.

· Music missing from Fort Charles (excluding combat music).

Towns Folk/Vendors
· Shipwrights: When exiting the repair page, the dialog box will not reappear, need to hit esc and then interact to restore.

Weapons
· Pistol: Unknown buff is applied to targets when using Steel Shot or Silver Shot. See Picture 6

Sailing
· Open Fire/Take Cover: randomly stop working. Can be fixed reliably by boarding a flag ship.

· Ray of Light always points to Port Royal when the target is a ship.

· Ship Rendering: Rendering of other ships behaves odd, ships only seem to render when you enter a specific “grid” and will vanish when you leave that grid. I often see groups of shops all appear at once at various distances from me when I move to a certain location and then vanish when I leave it.

· Ship Spawning: NPC ships will often spawn on top of player ships, especially flagships with their reliable 10 second respawn timer. Or that spontaneous Juggernaut giving you a surprise dose of explosive broadsides, sending you to the bottom. I’m speaking for a friend.

· Flagships
=== Grappling Flagships: The ship will move towards the position you were upon the first hook landing, even after relocating.
=== Grappling Flagships: Grapple points do not model where the grapple actually landed correctly (IE: land a hook at point one, line appears on point three).
=== Queen Anne’s Revenge: Ship who dealt the killing blow receives boarding rights.

· Sailing items take no effect.

· De-masted ship still continues to move. This happens most often when a ship’s masts are removed when they are already stationary and then the player moves the ship.

· Loot list goes off screen w/o a scroll bar.

· Adjust Broadside Prediction logic to take in account curvature (arc length of path) instead of only a targets tangential path. In short, so the broadsides take in account a targets turning.

Other
· Still a noticeable memory leak, but took a 3 hours of playing land and sea with sound on at low quality settings to see a 0.2 GB of memory taken. Significantly worse during invasions, tested on Abbassa with about 150 players on the server, lasted about 10-15 minutes after relog. My guess is combat related sounds are to blame.

· With the recent Sail Color additions (stripes, gold, black, etc.), the icon for the ships (in ship tab, dingy menu and globe) they are represented by a pink color. See Picture 7

· Beckets’ Quarry (NE dead end by Samuel Shaw): Collision interference to the left on platform just after passing by Samuel (To Samuel’s Left). See Picture 8

Quality of Life
· Selling: Add some function to quickly move items to selling slots. Shift clicking for example.

· Owned Ship Menus: In any menu regarding owned ships (repair, upgrade, dingy) fit the ships so they fit all in one screen so even with 3 ships owned, we won't have a need for scroll bar. See Picture 9

· Broadside Target Indicator: Create an icon above ships the broadsides are currently targeting

· Broadside Manual Targeting: Give the option to select a target for the broadsides to aim for.

Attachments

• Player Card Level Mismatch.png
    Player Card Level Mismatch.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 192
  • increase damage (by) 25.png
    increase damage (by) 25.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 210
  • Kingshead_Pillars.png
    Kingshead_Pillars.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
  • Cursed Caverns_Dig Spot X-Ray.png
    Cursed Caverns_Dig Spot X-Ray.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
  • Fort Charles_Archway Threshold.png
    Fort Charles_Archway Threshold.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 203
  • Silver-Steel Shot Unknown Effect.png
    Silver-Steel Shot Unknown Effect.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 227
  • Pink Sails.png
    Pink Sails.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 209
  • Samual Shaw.png
    Samual Shaw.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 191
  • Ship Slider.png
    Ship Slider.png
    2 MB · Views: 178
Good post.

· Grammar error on a loading screen, should be spelled “–increase damage by 25%.” See Picture 2
The grammar is correct. The present participle, spending, is followed by increases. For example, consider if we changed everything else in the sentence to plural: 'Spending Skill Points on attack skills increases their damage 25%'. Increases is still correct. If we reduce the sentence to the form: 'Spending increases its damage' or, the plural form, 'Spending increases their damage' we see more readily that increases works for both cases.

Selling: Add some function to quickly move items to selling slots. Shift clicking for example.
I like this idea very much.

Also, how about adding a way to select multiple items at once so you could delete or sell a group of items without having to drag them one by one (and maybe make the trash bin a button to press when multiple items are selected so you don’t need to drag and drop)?

I have been trying to take down a French blood scourge for a week. Have disabled a dozen but none have rendered rings. Tried many servers but no luck.
The Barracuda flag worked , I just needed a Barracuda and the flag is always close by RC .
Flagships have not been returning to their origin after they chase someone passing by which makes this terrible . Someday maybe they'll get ships fixed and get them to respawn like they did in POTCO maybe even add back the L44 - 45 Death Omens !

Last 5 flagships I hit didn't give me the green rings to graple it ! lol
It's been like 6 years since I played POTCO lol but if my memory serves me correctly I seem to remember that for some reason you couldn't shoot firebrand ammo at flagships or else it would do that, not give rings, I think. I was playing the other day and noticed the grapple rings didn't come up and also had noticed that firebrand ammo was shot at the flagship. Do any other POTCO players remember this or am I just crazy? lol

It's been like 6 years since I played POTCO lol but if my memory serves me correctly I seem to remember that for some reason you couldn't shoot firebrand ammo at flagships or else it would do that, not give rings, I think. I was playing the other day and noticed the grapple rings didn't come up and also had noticed that firebrand ammo was shot at the flagship. Do any other POTCO players remember this or am I just crazy? lol
My broadsides don't shoot firebrand , So not the case there . Never had an Issue getting rings in Potco days .

Back