Bigger level cap.

BlackCobra99

Sea Legs
I noticed in the old game that the level cap was only 50. Would anyone agree if we had a bigger level cap? Possibly being able to get new ships and weapons as you get to higher levels.

That is an interesting thing to think about. However, keep in mind that the devs are working on getting the game back to the way it was before it closed, so it probably wont happen anytime soon

Really, notoriety level and additional stuff is just fine where they are (50 and 20 or 30)

If there was ever something to go beyond, I would say maybe after you maxed everything just some extra stuff for speed boost or attack boost by completing hard objectives.

Kinda iffy on this....it took me several years to get to level 50 in POTCO, and higher levels are probably gonna take even longer. I kinda see where it could come into play, but I just don't think its necessary.

Kinda iffy on this....it took me several years to get to level 50 in POTCO, and higher levels are probably gonna take even longer. I kinda see where it could come into play, but I just don't think its necessary.
What are your thoughts on raising the level cap for weapons and activities?

What are your thoughts on raising the level cap for weapons and activities?
Raising the level caps for weapons I can see the benefit in, allowing for more powerful items, but I think they would have to be pretty rare if they increased the max level to 50 or something for the weapons if its incredibly overpowered, and then that would mean you would have to increase enemy hit points to counter the power of said weapon. I'm not entirely opposed to raising the cap on weapons and activities. But, I think raising the hit points of the enemies could be a problem for people who don't have one of the very powerful weapons. The World Eater Blade in POTCO did 105 damage, so if they introduced a weapon more powerful than that, enemy hit points would have to be raised I think.

Raising the level caps for weapons I can see the benefit in, allowing for more powerful items, but I think they would have to be pretty rare if they increased the max level to 50 or something for the weapons if its incredibly overpowered, and then that would mean you would have to increase enemy hit points to counter the power of said weapon. I'm not entirely opposed to raising the cap on weapons and activities. But, I think raising the hit points of the enemies could be a problem for people who don't have one of the very powerful weapons. The World Eater Blade in POTCO did 105 damage, so if they introduced a weapon more powerful than that, enemy hit points would have to be raised I think.
Nice.
On the subject of more powerful weapons that you mentioned, here's my idea:
Weapons that are more powerful than legendary weapons, but they have major drawbacks too, kind of like a weapon that fits some playstyles and not others.

For example:
(sorry if the weapon I'm saying is very unbalanced either way, I haven't played in a long time and I barely remember what is important in combat lol)
Here is just an idea for weapon stats:

Musket / This makes it ineffective at close range because of the lack of bayonet
120 damage / This makes it deal much more damage than all other muskets. This is one of the weapon's main strengths.
Infinite ____ Shot / Makes the weapon ideal for fighting a certain type of enemy
Reduced Damage with ____ Shot / Makes the weapon very ineffective against a certain type of enemy. This is a weapon weakness.
Reduced Reload Time / Lets the weapon take more shots until the enemy is close and it becomes useless.

Again, sorry if this is overpowered/underpowered.
I was just trying to make an example of a weapon that is extremely good for certain playstyles or situations but nearly useless for others.

I love this idea, but I'd first like to see our inventory get bigger! I hated trashing bright clothing and famed weapons :(
Not when I shift into...UNLIMITED INVENTORY!
P4dQIJp.jpg

Back