Workaround Black Pearl boss battle

Moesacra

Sea Legs
I have just gotten to the Black Pearl boss battle but I cannot seem to be able to destroy the bridges that block my path quick enough before being sunk by them. I had a crew of about 8 people when attempting this. Am I missing something or is this quest not currently possible?

I have just gotten to the Black Pearl boss battle but I cannot seem to be able to destroy the bridges that block my path quick enough before being sunk by them. I had a crew of about 8 people when attempting this. Am I missing something or is this quest not currently possible?[/QUOTE
I've done it with a crew of 4 and think it can be done with 3. It was easy with 5. If you are having trouble with 8 you are doing something wrong. Move your ship to a a good position to attack each bridge quickly. Face your ship to expose the side with the most remaining armor. You've got to move quickly to be successful. I really think it will be doable with 2 when the Rev Ram becomes widely available and functional.

Not sure if this is what's happening to you or not, but I've experienced a bug where you can't do damage to the bridges. One bridge went down to maybe 85% HP; at that point it did not take any additional damage. The other two bridges would not take any damage at all.

Try it again and see if it works.

Last edited:
I've done it with a crew of 4 and think it can be done with 3. It was easy with 5. If you are having trouble with 8 you are doing something wrong. Move your ship to a a good position to attack each bridge quickly. Face your ship to expose the side with the most remaining armor. You've got to move quickly to be successful. I really think it will be doable with 2 when the Rev Ram becomes widely available and functional.
wrong

Exactly what is it about my comment that you feel is wrong? There may be some kind of bug that stops damage to the bridges, as mentioned above, but I have done the Pearl Boss Battle quite a few times without seeing it. Moesacra did not indicate that the damage to the bridges had stopped, so, I assume that the battle was working correctly and that they were simply defeated due to poor strategy.

Exactly what is it about my comment that you feel is wrong? There may be some kind of bug that stops damage to the bridges, as mentioned above, but I have done the Pearl Boss Battle quite a few times without seeing it. Moesacra did not indicate that the damage to the bridges had stopped, so, I assume that the battle was working correctly and that they were simply defeated due to poor strategy.
because sometimes the amount of people and angles don't matter; the health is straight bugged. It's working correctly, yes, but, the health on the fortifications is bugged most of the time.

because sometimes the amount of people and angles don't matter; the health is straight bugged. It's working correctly, yes, but, the health on the fortifications is bugged most of the time.
Thanx for the reply. It sounds like the tower health may have an intermittent bug but I have not experienced it. Any ideas on what causes it? I've done the boss battle about 10 times in tlopo with no issues. I've lost 3 solo attempts, a 3 person attempt, and a 2 person attempt. I've won with crews of 4 and more at least 5 times. No bugs in sight.

I was part of a crew a while back for this quest and I noticed it seemed to take way too long to destroy a tower. We had at least 5 people on and couldn't get past the second barrier without sinking. We used both sides of the ship.

I then later saw my friend do the boss battle again, and the same thing happened.

It may be a bug with the health, or you may have just been doing something differently.

We're people using explosive shot? That's the only way I can fathom being able to break the towers quickly.

The last time I recovered the Black Pearl it seemed like certain people in our crew did no damage to the towers. I think that the health is fine with the towers, it is just that for some reason some people deal no damage.

Just be glad an update hasn't taken your Pearl quest conpletely ! One of mine is still MIA since 1.4.1 update took it !!!!

After 4 relogs it finally let me damage the bridges. Although I was only able to get through one before they sank me. Grr!

This is what I was mending with my comment. We could damage it, it just seemed to take too long, such that by the time you destroyed a tower you might as well be dead

Back