Boarding enemy ships and STEALING them

Monkey D. Lenny

Buccaneer
One thing I noticed even back in the original game is that hardly anyone bothers with boarding an enemy ship because it's simply not worth the effort and it sort of breaks the flow of ship combat to stop, board, and fight

What if there was an actual incentive to board ships? Like stealing them like real pirates!

Here's how it would go: Like usual, you find a flagship and blow it to pieces. You get the prompt to shoot grappling hooks and you swing over and clear it out, and you get the option to steal the ship.

Your ship (Or whatever ship you were on before hand) is teleported back to port, and now you're riding high with a Navy, EITC, or Ghost Ship. Once you do this however, you get the prompt that only one port is open and enemy ships instantly become more aggressive and faster; all making a beeline for you. Not only that, but since you damaged the ship first, it's now at half it's HP. So this would be a high risk/reward scenario

If you can successfully make it to the port, the shipwright will 'scrap' the ship and everyone on the crew gets materials, and a piece on a 'blueprint' feature

By continually stealing ships, blueprints build up of that ship; the best way to describe it would be like in ToonTown where you assemble pieces of a Cog Suit

upload_2017-12-4_14-2-17.png

So let's say for example you stole a Navy War Frigate, by getting it back you'd get a piece of a War Frigate blueprint, and let's say you'd have to steal 20 War Frigates to complete the blueprint

upload_2017-12-4_14-13-34.png

Imagine something like this that gradually fills up with outlines

"Why would I go through all that trouble when I can just save up the gold for one with just a few good loot runs?"
You ask

Completing a blueprint for a ship would land you a version of it with MUCH better base stats than it's purchasable counterpart

So a purchasable War Frigate has:
While a Blueprinted War Frigate would have hypothetically:
Granted this would be a REALLY ambitious undertaking, but just imagine...

It'd really give crews even more incentive to work together, and for crews gathering to not only be formidable on cannons but in land combat to get their prize

Better idea. New ship class: Royal Brig, Frigate, Sloop, Galleon. Only way to obtain, via your system, only harder. (100 parts for the brig, going down 10 parts per class.)

One thing I noticed even back in the original game is that hardly anyone bothers with boarding an enemy ship because it's simply not worth the effort and it sort of breaks the flow of ship combat to stop, board, and fight

What if there was an actual incentive to board ships? Like stealing them like real pirates!

Here's how it would go: Like usual, you find a flagship and blow it to pieces. You get the prompt to shoot grappling hooks and you swing over and clear it out, and you get the option to steal the ship.

Your ship (Or whatever ship you were on before hand) is teleported back to port, and now you're riding high with a Navy, EITC, or Ghost Ship. Once you do this however, you get the prompt that only one port is open and enemy ships instantly become more aggressive and faster; all making a beeline for you. Not only that, but since you damaged the ship first, it's now at half it's HP. So this would be a high risk/reward scenario

If you can successfully make it to the port, the shipwright will 'scrap' the ship and everyone on the crew gets materials, and a piece on a 'blueprint' feature

By continually stealing ships, blueprints build up of that ship; the best way to describe it would be like in ToonTown where you assemble pieces of a Cog Suit

View attachment 96097

So let's say for example you stole a Navy War Frigate, by getting it back you'd get a piece of a War Frigate blueprint, and let's say you'd have to steal 20 War Frigates to complete the blueprint

View attachment 96098

Imagine something like this that gradually fills up with outlines

"Why would I go through all that trouble when I can just save up the gold for one with just a few good loot runs?"
You ask

Completing a blueprint for a ship would land you a version of it with MUCH better base stats than it's purchasable counterpart

So a purchasable War Frigate has:
While a Blueprinted War Frigate would have hypothetically:
Granted this would be a REALLY ambitious undertaking, but just imagine...

It'd really give crews even more incentive to work together, and for crews gathering to not only be formidable on cannons but in land combat to get their prize
Cool idea, imagine being able to sneak around a bunch of navy/eitc ships and they wouldn't aggro until you sunk a few of them. And then run like heck.

Back