Sailing Bounty Hunters

Schizo

Swashbuckler
I was out earlier and the voice said "We're stuffed to the gills with treasure, Captain. Those greedy bounty hunters will surely be after us now," as usual (or whatever it says, I don't remember exactly). I waited in the same spot for 5 or 6 minutes, and no bounty hunter came. I went to look for one, and I saw Century Hawk sitting there, but when I got close it disappeared. The server I was on (Exuma) was pretty empty at the time, too. I didn't see any other ships when I was sailing around.

Definitely a bug. However, to make the best out of it, you can turn your mat run into a loot run and try racking up as many loot skull chests as you can without getting interrupted by hunters.
Yeah... Wish I would have thought of that earlier. >.>

I believe there is a cap as to how many hunters can be spawned in at a time. There are times where I get damages hunters or when I'm going to port, a hunter is turning around and speeds off in a random direction (probably to target)

I believe there is a cap as to how many hunters can be spawned in at a time. There are times where I get damages hunters or when I'm going to port, a hunter is turning around and speeds off in a random direction (probably to target)

That can't be the case since he said the server was quite empty...

It's beta. Replete with broken hunters, warships, ridiculous broadsides, infinite loading screens, etc. Gotta deal with it and eventually those issues will be ironed out.

I had another variation of this bug today, I think. I had to sink 2 bounty hunters before the little pirate flag thing got its hat (...I think I nailed describing that pretty well...) and warships started showing up. Not a big deal, it would probably take me half an hour to sink a warship anyways, it takes about half that for bounty hunters.

I had another variation of this bug today, I think. I had to sink 2 bounty hunters before the little pirate flag thing got its hat (...I think I nailed describing that pretty well...) and warships started showing up. Not a big deal, it would probably take me half an hour to sink a warship anyways, it takes about half that for bounty hunters.

Thats normal. Once you receive hunters, sinking 2 will initiate warships.

Back