Breaking – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is Now Filming

Well, from the POTC wiki, I just learned two things.

1 - DMTNT has finished filming.
2 - Orlando Bloom is coming back as Will Turner!

The movie may still be 2 years away, but I'm getting a bit hyped for it now.

Can't wait to see what happened to William Turner.

I wish we get to see Jack Sparrow's old crew members.

I can't wait but sadly the banner on it looks horrible. I wish they had the classic ol' swords and skull.

I can't wait but sadly the banner on it looks horrible. I wish they had the classic ol' swords and skull.
What banner are you talking about? I have only seen this one:
pirates5logo-147846.jpg

The logo is more like the logo from At World's End.

That was the banner I was talking about, I feel like it is a copy of it. something new could be a flintlock and trident.
I can see where you are coming from. The logo from At World's End was always my favorite so I am more than happy to see the return of the crossbones. The detail and the coloring in the skull itself make it look new.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I personally think that each Pirates movie has gotten progressively worse (although On Stranger Tides, to me, was much better than the second and third, despite its disjointed plot) and after having read the summary enough times from multiple sources, I feel like Dead Men Tell No Tales is going to be the most watered-down movie of the franchise. It's so sloppy.

Most people didn't like the first of the Caribbean because of the supernatural elements. They loved it because it was a good old fashioned adventure story, and Captain Jack Sparrow was a shady maverick of a pirate with a few quirks here and there. It seems like the producers didn't understand that, and so they decided to rely ridiculously heavily on the supernatural. Also, rather than keep Jack as a shady pirate with quirks, they decided to make him more and more quirky with just a hint of shady...which at least became 50/50 in On Stranger Tidies.

Funny thing, though; several years before they announced they'd make a fifth movie, I wrote a novel that would be the fifth chapter...and oddly enough, it was titled "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales", and it involved ghost pirates. I wrote it when I was about thirteen I believe. Lots of supernatural reliance...but nothing like what this actual plot sounds like.

Though it might be an unpopular view (and I've never been one to be orthodox or conventional), I don't have very high hopes for this movie. I feel like Jack is going to be goofier than ever, and that the plot will be nearly as absurd as At World's End's plot was. But I don't doubt that the action sequences will be visually appealing, and at least it'll be a good popcorn flick.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I personally think that each Pirates movie has gotten progressively worse (although On Stranger Tides, to me, was much better than the second and third, despite its disjointed plot) and after having read the summary enough times from multiple sources, I feel like Dead Men Tell No Tales is going to be the most watered-down movie of the franchise. It's so sloppy.

Most people didn't like the first of the Caribbean because of the supernatural elements. They loved it because it was a good old fashioned adventure story, and Captain Jack Sparrow was a shady maverick of a pirate with a few quirks here and there. It seems like the producers didn't understand that, and so they decided to rely ridiculously heavily on the supernatural. Also, rather than keep Jack as a shady pirate with quirks, they decided to make him more and more quirky with just a hint of shady...which at least became 50/50 in On Stranger Tidies.

Funny thing, though; several years before they announced they'd make a fifth movie, I wrote a novel that would be the fifth chapter...and oddly enough, it was titled "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales", and it involved ghost pirates. I wrote it when I was about thirteen I believe. Lots of supernatural reliance...but nothing like what this actual plot sounds like.

Though it might be an unpopular view (and I've never been one to be orthodox or conventional), I don't have very high hopes for this movie. I feel like Jack is going to be goofier than ever, and that the plot will be nearly as absurd as At World's End's plot was. But I don't doubt that the action sequences will be visually appealing, and at least it'll be a good popcorn flick.
I think the success of OST wasn't at all because it was a good movie but something very much desired by fans of the franchise. I think Star Wars VII is a perfect testimonial and comparison to this. It may likely happen again, I feel, with POTC V. From the things I've gathered about the plot I am interested to see how it will engage an audience.

I think the success of OST wasn't at all because it was a good movie but something very much desired by fans of the franchise. I think Star Wars VII is a perfect testimonial and comparison to this. It may likely happen again, I feel, with POTC V. From the things I've gathered about the plot I am interested to see how it will engage an audience.
I agree with you for the most part, except that I personally feel that Star Wars VII was actually a very good movie, not just because it was a desire of the fans. And I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan. I appreciate Star Wars (the first trilogy and Episode VII anyways), but I'm no Star Wars fanboy - and I thoroughly enjoyed what Episode VII brought to the table.
One of my favorite movie franchises is the Indiana Jones series (they used to be my all-time favorites until I started acquiring a taste for success stories; my favorite movies are now Rudy and Karate Kid) and I feel that, while I may actually loved it myself, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a better example for the concept you're conveying. Lots of fans desired another Indiana Jones installment, and even though it wasn't the greatest film in the series, that's why it was still pretty successful.

Going a little bit off topic, and you'll have to bear with me, I'm extremely overjoyed because a fifth Indy is now in the works. All I hope is that they don't make the mistake of rebooting it. There is only one Indy, and that's Harrison Ford. I'd rather watch a 75 year old Harrison playing a mid-60s-aged Indy (as I assume that's what they'll do since Ford was in his 60s playing a late 50s Indy) than some new guy wearing the hat. Nope. Uh-uh. What I want for them to do is have the story revolve around the inevitable curse of aging, and how it will definitely be Indiana Jones' last ride...gosh, that concept would make the film great if they did it right. I recently began writing a novel for a fifth installment, and I hope that they do something similar.

Forgive me for going off topic.

Back