Broken Playtime

patmike2

Swashbuckler
I reserved a playtime today for 7:00 (Pacific Time Zone) and I started the game 5 minutes early for some reason. I played normally but then I crashed at 7:10. I tried to log in but when I did, it said that I had to reserve a playtime or upgrade with a beta key. This happened to me twice. The other time, I couldn't even get on at all since it said the same thing, and I reserved a playtime. Please fix this ;(

Actually I think this is the developers fault, not a glitch. I noticed that you had to change your time zone in your account settings, eastern being the default. Because eastern was the default, the game thought I was playing three hours ahead (which is why I was able to play ahead of time). I don't know why the game didn't kick me out because in the eastern time zone I would have been kicked off, but my play time expired in the EST which is why I can't log in again. The developers should have told us that we needed to change our time zone in our accounts if necessary because it cost me 6 hours of playtime which is honestly sucks.

Note: If you reserved a new playtime and then switched your time zone after, you need to change your playtime again because it will adjust the eastern time to your new time (i.e I reserved for 8:00 and then switched my time zone to PST, the 8:00 was in EST and so now changes to the PST (3 hours back) which is 5:00.

If my memory serves me correctly, we state on the playtime pages a region in the timezone the time is in as clarification. If you are on the west coast, it is your responsibility to recognize that the playtime stated i.e 3:00PM in New York, New York.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If it's not already added, we'll add a disclaimer stating that players should make sure that the playtime reserved is in the proper time zone.

If my memory serves me correctly, we state on the playtime pages a region in the timezone the time is in as clarification. If you are on the west coast, it is your responsibility to recognize that the playtime stated i.e 3:00PM in New York, New York.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If it's not already added, we'll add a disclaimer stating that players should make sure that the playtime reserved is in the proper time zone.
Well tbh, no one really read that. At least I didn't :p

Back