Question Cannon Rams

You can get them from both but skull chests are better for obvious reasons, also it takes a longer time to get cannon rams from sailing.

Ahoy @Whiskey55,

As stated above, a number of Cannon Rams are available from Chest containers that drop at sea, however, not all of them are. There are quite a few of the higher-end Rams that are exclusive to Cannon Defense.

You will never find higher-end cannon rams in land loot, either.

Hope this helps,
Misha

Pretty certain that the Phantom, Haunted, and Revenant rams are all CD exclusive. You will never get any of them in sailing loot.
yeah there's definitely some confusion in regard to how to get these rams in addition to rams such as iron priming and whatnot, especially on the wiki.

There are a few cannon rams you can get by sailing or fishing, but really none of them are desirable ones. The desirable cannon rams are found only in Cannon Defense. Below is a list of rams and where they can be found, I'm using data from my own spreadsheet which I dumped from the POTCO client data it can be found here if you're interested. Be aware that it was for 2011 POTCO, I still need to update it for 2013 although its not much different, Cannon Defense doesn't seem to have an entry in the loot table as it's loot was handled differently.

If anyone can confirm that any of this is inaccurate to TLOPO drops let me know. But as of now this is confirmed from POTCO's code. Unforunately I'm unable to confirm which rams actually do drop from Cannon Defense and which don't as CD drops are not in the same location. For now I'm assuming everything drops from CD which is likely incorrect.

Dropped from sea, land, LARGE and LEGENDARY fish, and Cannon Defense?:
Dropped from sea, LARGE and LEGENDARY fish, and Cannon Defense?:
Dropped from LARGE and LEGENDARY fish, Cannon Defense?, and on SPECIFIC ships:
Navy Ships (Ferret, Panther, Greyhound, Vanguard, Centurion, Kingfisher, Monarch, Man O' War, Predator, Colossus):​
EITC Ships (Sea Viper, Sentinel, Bloodhound, Ironwall, Marauder, Barracuda, Orge, Warlord, Corsair, Behemoth):​
All others can only be found in Cannon Defense?, and on SPECIFIC ships.
Navy Ships (Ferret, Panther, Greyhound, Vanguard, Centurion, Kingfisher, Monarch, Man O' War, Predator, Colossus):​
Skeleton Ships (Phantom, Revenant, Harbringer, Death Omen):​
No Ships:​
Unreleased (Found in the POTCO client code, will likely never be released in this form because they are either weird or too OP):

Last edited:
Dropped from LARGE and LEGENDARY fish, and Cannon Defense:
All others can only be found in Cannon Defense.
Unfortunately I don't think this list is accurate to TLOPO currently. I know there are a few other discrepancies such as iron priming being able to be found in sea loot, with some people saying it can't be found in cannon defense at all.
1574286710338.png

You can check on the wiki for these kinds of things, but to be completely honest its not very accurate and has a lot of back and forth between people who believe a certain item drops from a certain place, and people who think it doesn't drop at that place.

Really wish TLOPO would come out and say where specific items drop, or at least fact check the wiki pages.

Unfortunately I don't think this list is accurate to TLOPO currently. I know there are a few other discrepancies such as iron priming being able to be found in sea loot, with some people saying it can't be found in cannon defense at all.
View attachment 117320
You can check on the wiki for these kinds of things, but to be completely honest its not very accurate and has a lot of back and forth between people who believe a certain item drops from a certain place, and people who think it doesn't drop at that place.

Really wish TLOPO would come out and say where specific items drop, or at least fact check the wiki pages.
I updated it, I forgot that some of the rams do drop from ships but drop from specific ships instead of tagged as "drop from all ships." It should be more accurate now.

yeah there's definitely some confusion in regard to how to get these rams in addition to rams such as iron priming and whatnot, especially on the wiki.
Yes, Iron Priming is sailing loot exclusive and can’t be had by CD but as I recall it never says that anywhere. I also recall that the Navy Dragoon’s Bayonet is stated to drop in CD but to my knowledge no one has ever gotten it from CD which makes me think the Wiki is wrong.

View attachment 117320

Yes, that list is way wrong, I have many screenshots to prove it. I also suspect that you can no longer get famed rams from fishing.

Yes, that list is way wrong, I have many screenshots to prove it. I also suspect that you can no longer get famed rams from fishing.
Yeah, I'm just going by POTCO's code. TLOPO obviously may have changed some things. I forgot a few things in the formatted list I just posted here, but it should be good now. Alternatively just go to the source spreadsheet I compiled it all from that is accurate to POTCO 100%.

well i should quit while i can i guess. the best I have is iron priming ram. Im a good shot at sea but in cd i stink. I really wanted a phantom ram so im not asking for the best lol I just cant seem to get anything

so you can't get the greyhound cannon ram from fishing? all i seem to get is rare dolls and sometimes daggers.
I can't play cannon defence for too long, sometimes it rewards me with useless poitions and not something usefull.

Back