Discussion Cerber Decryptor

maillon

Honorable Pirate
New boyfriend of my sister's brought in his laptop to me to "clean it out" because it "ran slow" upon running the system I just started deleting some programs he didnt need and addware, the usual thing, disabling some things on startup, installing an antivirus program (Avast), I however noticed that the windows was not genuine, so i checked the back of the laptop, windows version on sticker corresponds with version installed, so I decided to activate it with the code. Activation wouldnt run saying i didnt have permission, tried to ruin slui.exe, same issue, I checked GPO permissions and accounts in the system, I tried to register using the command prompt, did all these things. And BOOM
Cerber Decryptor woke up :)
I enjoy "fighting" with these viruses, will post updates on how to delete it when I get the system cleaned. Already tried to simply recover, but no recovery point was set. So Manual Labor it is, lads.

-Maillon

Just a little update; got the PC virus free, even decrypted all the files myself since the program used the same private key for every case and it was known, but it's fair to say the laptop wasn't meant to survive. It died after letting windows updates do its thing. clean installing now... xD

Back