Charles Warmonk's Guide to leveling

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
This was the short version of my guide to leveling fast, sadly it never got published due to the game closing shortly and the lack of time I had on my hands. However, this guide was used to help a few some pirates level at the end of the game. All of them said I should have posted this before the game ended. However was still helping people with my looting method and writing goodbyes at that time so it got abandon... :/

Since the game ended and there are very little conversation related to POTCO going on. Here it is as many requested. My guide to leveling.

Intro:
To do this, you will never to have a pretty high level doll and at least have the (Curse) skill.
You simply attune all the grave diggers, use the lowest power attack you have on them (Like curse) and keep using it over and over. The game calculated it as each time you attack it give you (if you are using curse) 3.5+ rep each hit. Depending on your level on the chart below.
Voodoo_Doll.png

How it works:
Curse skill only does 1 damage and the Grave Diggers only have 100-200 health. So you can't really kill them with it. Once you use curse on them lets say about 15 times you get 35 rep. Then lets say you use life drain you get 5+ rep to kill them and the results is you get a total of 56 reputation for EACH level 1!

Just keep doing this with a friend and get a crew bonus 20% more reputation and you can be getting 130 rep for 5 level ones!

Here are some example of screenshots showing how it works :)

Step one - Attune and use the Chain and Curse skills. (Do not kill)
Leveling_master1.jpg

Step 2 - Use Life Drain or a finishing blow on them. (End them)
Leveling_master_2.jpg

Step 3 - Practice and gather a crew to get maximum reputation! (Then enjoy some Dr. Pepper) ;)
Leveling_master_3.jpg

Like it if you read it all, comment if you would have used it for leveling. - Once again a apologize for not posting this during the game's time :(

Makes me want to play right now. My head is filled with memories of Isla Tormenta. Slashing away at the baddies on the beach and then getting killed and re-appearing in jail in Port Royal.. Happened more times then I would like!! But I would usually just go right back there and go at them again and again.
Fun piratey times :)

...and at least have the (Cruse) skill.
I assume you mean "curse." If you would like, I can edit that for you...

Also, very interesting thread (btw) and this information is quite interesting. :) One question I have though...

What level of doll did a player need to acquire the LIFE DRAIN skill (sorry, I don't remember)? :oops: I was just wondering because if the level of doll needed to acquire LIFE DRAIN was linked (somewhat) to a pirate's "upper" notoriety, would the rep that is acquired from the above strategy really make that much of a difference for a potentially higher level player?

-Yes Please.

-Level 20 it required and I recommended this guide to anyone who was a level 30 pirate. Since you needed that much health to really take advantage of this guide.

A level 49 could do this guide and get the same result of 115 rep per kill (Level 1). If you want to know more just ask, I am a gaming experiment on such matters and know POTCO loot and leveling on a technical level.

Did you know that Viper's Den knifes healing boost says it takes some voodoo and makes it into health. However, when you use it with low voodoo it GIVES you 50+ voodoo and 362+ Health? Also, you can only loot Aces and Kings cheat cards at Tormenta, also did you know that you taking/leaving items effected loot payout?

I can go on like this all day...

Back