Idea Choose Where You Port on an Island

Tereysa de las Sombras

Honorable Pirate
What if accessing Darkhart became a lot easier? Well, that's what spawned this idea.
How about when we dock our ships, a map pulls up asking us where we wish to port. For islands such as Tortuga and Port Royal and Padres Del Fuego where there are multiple docks, this would be great. Imagine not having to take a long walk with risks of crashing just to reach a Boss. It'd be brilliant.
Even simple things as convenient as letting us dock on the beaches of Port Royal instead of the docks would be a great addition.

I seem to remember back in the early days of Potco when you ported your ship you did land on the main beach or near the main dock rather than landing at random points on an island. Most of those glitches I spoke of in another thread were actually shortcuts created by the original developers. We players weren't supposed to know about or use them.

I guess I’m for this to a degree. I’d be for the game relating the position that your ship is to the positions of the landing points and placing you at the beach closest to your ships position. I’m against adding more landing points and letting people port close to DH, that was a cool part of the whole DH thing. Imbo I think the tougher the boss the more involved gaining access to said boss should be and that’s generally the case.

I guess I’m for this to a degree. I’d be for the game relating the position that your ship is to the positions of the landing points and placing you at the beach closest to your ships position. I’m against adding more landing points and letting people port close to DH, that was a cool part of the whole DH thing. Imbo I think the tougher the boss the more involved gaining access to said boss should be and that’s generally the case.
Relatively speaking, General Darkhart is not a very difficult boss. He is very easily outclassed by Jimmy, Palcifico, the Twins, Cicatriz, Foulberto Smasho, and more. Even General Hex can be more of a threat than him simply due to superior range and more frequent use of ranged attacks. Foulberto Smasho may be one of the easiest bosses to access in the game since he only requires one loading screen (Cave of Lost Souls) and no story progression whatsoever, unlike Cicatriz and El Patron. Well, assuming you're accessing them legitimately. And he is far more powerful than General Darkhart.

Relatively speaking, General Darkhart is not a very difficult boss. He is very easily outclassed by Jimmy, Palcifico, the Twins, Cicatriz, Foulberto Smasho, and more. Even General Hex can be more of a threat than him simply due to superior range and more frequent use of ranged attacks. Foulberto Smasho may be one of the easiest bosses to access in the game since he only requires one loading screen (Cave of Lost Souls) and no story progression whatsoever, unlike Cicatriz and El Patron. Well, assuming you're accessing them legitimately. And he is far more powerful than General Darkhart.
I can’t agree that Hex is even in the same class with DH. Jimmy maybe is similar due to his voodoo attacks being relatively weak and I do agree that the others that you mention are more powerful but in potco only Foulberto was more powerful. I see DH as being one of the if not the best known boss in the game and granting fast easy access to him as cheapening him and his loot, so I’m against that part of your idea but beyond that I’m mostly for it.

Last edited:
By the way, I also think that crashes are mostly due to bugs that need to be fixed and I’d much rather that the developers work on fixing those bugs than eliminating parts of the game that may be buggy. With tlopo there’d be no game at all if the developers simply bypassed all the buggy parts.

Back