Votes: 1 25.0%
  • INTERESTING!!!!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • What why are all the answers intere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sparky Wonderwolf

Site Founder
Recently some friends of mine have found a server called CivCraft. What is this you may be wondering?

What is the map like? Mechanics?

Well it is basically a realistic world in which few mobs spawn (the chance is probably an exaggerated 2% in terms of hostile ones) and growing things won't take 2 minutes. The world is 15,000 blocks in diameter, and there is 1/6th less of ores than that in normal Minecraft. While not all chunks contain this format, few vanilla chunks actually exist which are on the outer areas of the map at around level 12. Iron is found only in Ice Mountains and the other pres are scattered across the map in veins and varying densities. Additionally, there is a PrisonPearl mod which allows you to enslave a player if you have an enderpearl in your hotbar and you kill the player.

What do you actually do though?

CivCraft is more so a (successful) experiment as to what players would do if plopped into this world with limited rules. It forced players to band together and form city states, though some city states such as Commonwealth have emerged as nations and no longer simple city states. Surprisingly the server is peaceful though this does not mean it has not had its conflicts (wars). If it wasn't any clearer you can join any city that allows you to or you can establish your own.

Additional Info?
CivCraft is 1.7.5 and has a few other plugins. It is very much realistic as there is no teleportation save for enderpearls. The nether is turned off however there are nether and end biomes. There are griefers but that doesn't mean that you can't avoid them, there are societies you can join that can protect you.

Map: http://txapu.com

Wiki: http://civcraft.org/doku.php?id=start

I am founding a city state named Lannister on this server and would love for anyone interested to join. Please say so if you are.

Sounds very... Interesting... :p

I may hop on sometime to check it out, if I like it I'll definitely join your city-state.

Edit: Played around for a bit today, I was so lost for about 20 minutes until I realised that the map displayed coordinates. :facepalm: I then made my way to Harvest, the nearest town, and got some food there (I was practically starving at that point). To get there though I crossed some amazingly tall mountains and nearly died taking a huge fall.

I like the idea but not too happy of the lag that is there 75% of the time. I may play around some more.

Last edited:
Sounds very... Interesting... :p

I may hop on sometime to check it out, if I like it I'll definitely join your city-state.

Edit: Played around for a bit today, I was so lost for about 20 minutes until I realised that the map displayed coordinates. :facepalm: I then made my way to Harvest, the nearest town, and got some food there (I was practically starving at that point). To get there though I crossed some amazingly tall mountains and nearly died taking a huge fall.

I like the idea but not too happy of the lag that is there 75% of the time. I may play around some more.

Part of the reason Im reluctant at times in terms of speeding things up like my internet is because of the fact that I get unaccustomed to the lag I used to have so its understandable in terms of lag.

I'm currently in Carbon making my way towards Holy Tree after returning from the original location of our settlement. Its an interesting concept and I hope you can enjoy it, possibly with the settlement I temporarily lead.

Back