Discussion Community Ideas

As we all know, The Legend of the Pirates Online is a fan made recreation of Pirates of the Caribbean Online. This is a heavily community driven place. None of this would of ever been possible without everybody's support and input. As so, this can just be a place for suggestions of new ideas and thoughts any of you may have to help blossom this community. I know this goes without saying, but keep everything appropriate, and we would love to know what everyone has to say.
~~Let you ideas take sail!~~
galleon.jpg

...this can just be a place for suggestions of new ideas and thoughts any of you may have to help blossom this community. I know this goes without saying, but keep everything appropriate, and we would love to know what everyone has to say.
~~Let you ideas take sail!~~
View attachment 72391
I feel this is a wonderful idea for a thread and I commend you for thinking about the community itself, as a whole (and not just within the 'remake' aspect). ;)

This is just my own opinion but I think the best thing the community itself can do is to learn from the mistakes made in the past - from POTCO. A few things I can come up with include below:

• Learn to trust others according to both their actions and their intentions
  • Think of others and their own happiness, above your own wellness
  • Keep your mind fresh on ways to improve yourself for the welfare of all
  • Do away with the (natural) tendency online to form cliques. (Get out of your own comfort-zone and touch the life of another whom you don't even know/someone whom is not even within your own guild/group of friends)
  • Value the rookie/noobie player by respecting them. Also, offer to mentor them (in-game) to help them "learn-the-ropes"
  • PVP - Competition is healthy but not at the expense of your own talent/skills being boasted above another's. PVP should remain FUN (and not as a tool used by 'trouble-makers' whom rely upon PVP to 'one-up' another)
  • SVS - Sail your ship and crew your crew, with what ye have! Don't become so obsessed with sinking others/porting the bounty without first reminding yourself what drove you to love privateering in the first place. ('Unethical' or unfair [SVS] game-play has no place within the Caribbean)
  • Don't take for granted the enjoyment of a pirate's life. Educate yourself, therefore, of all external threats which threaten to take yer pretty head to the gallows
:flag1:

I feel this is a wonderful idea for a thread and I commend you for thinking about the community itself, as a whole (and not just within the 'remake' aspect). ;)

This is just my own opinion but I think the best thing the community itself can do is to learn from the mistakes made in the past - from POTCO. A few things I can come up with include below:

• Learn to trust others according to both their actions and their intentions
  • Think of others and their own happiness, above your own wellness
  • Keep your mind fresh on ways to improve yourself for the welfare of all
  • Do away with the (natural) tendency online to form cliques. (Get out of your own comfort-zone and touch the life of another whom you don't even know/someone whom is not even within your own guild/group of friends)
  • Value the rookie/noobie player by respecting them. Also, offer to mentor them (in-game) to help them "learn-the-ropes"
  • PVP - Competition is healthy but not at the expense of your own talent/skills being boasted above another's. PVP should remain FUN (and not as a tool used by 'trouble-makers' whom rely upon PVP to 'one-up' another)
  • SVS - Sail your ship and crew your crew, with what ye have! Don't become so obsessed with sinking others/porting the bounty without first reminding yourself what drove you to love privateering in the first place. ('Unethical' or unfair [SVS] game-play has no place within the Caribbean)
  • Don't take for granted the enjoyment of a pirate's life. Educate yourself, therefore, of all external threats which threaten to take yer pretty head to the gallows
:flag1:
Why I couldn't of said it better myself. Especially point 4, a community where people would rather stop and help someone with the ropes instead of running around killing them. In my experience it has always been the worst part about MMO's, the people who benefit from ruining the game for others. I believe if we provide that right support and environment, this community will surely be great.

Back