Community Suggestions

InkLore

Pirate Apprentice
Okay so I have no idea how well this is going to go, but for a while now i've been thinking of updates or tweaks that could be put into the game, and weather any of them become anything, i thought it might be a cool idea to see what some of the other fellow pirates think could be useful in-game. This all being said, any ideas?
(also i accidentally made this in the potco section. Ignore that thread :p )

Personally, I think maybe having items like boxes or barrels or haystacks drop coins every now and then, like a 1/300 chance of having coins drop would be interesting.

I'd love to see more technical introductions, such as being able to zoom in into a first person perspective, which would be great for shooting cinematic scenes without my character model blocking the screen. I would also love to see an option to choose your AA setting. Those jagged lines have always bothered me hehe. An option to change your Pirate's name would also be great. The ability to log out instead of leaving the game wouldn't hurt either haha.

First person would be very favorable.
Also maybe adding in the "practice dummies" Will Turner to have something to hack and slash at?

I went through about 10 pages of this thread from the Pirates Online Forums and pulled some ideas that I found interesting.

One thing I have noticeed is the dead silence of the game. Every message just appears on a small area. As annoying as the constant animal noises gets on Toontown, at least you know when someone is talking.

Perhaps a series of Yarr, Yo Ho Ho's when characters spoke would add to the atmosphere.
- Sir Upticious

One really cool feature I think, for when you still want to be alone, or if it's late at night and fewer people are on, would be to add NPC cannoneers that you can hire for a cut of your loot. They don't need to be very accurate (Even less than 10%), but it'd give us a feeling of having a lot of cannons being useful, even without a boat load of players.
-Ghostrogue

4. Underwater exploration. I think you should use Voodoo magic to breathe under
water so you could explore whats under the sea. You could find treasure chest and other valuable Items.
And you could fight enemies like sharks and octopus's.
-Richard SharkBones

10. The Most Awesomest Thing I have on my mind all day. I think there should be
a once in a lifetime event where an all out pirate war breaks out in the live game.
Us pirates vs the Navy soldiers, Black Guard, Jolly Roger Ghost, and Davy Jones's
Crew. The pirate war will be everywhere and also on sea. I want the war to look
like the Gameplay showed on the Commercial. And I think there should be a quest
where you can go against Jolly Roger, Lord Beckett, And Davy Jones themselves!!!
-Richard SharkBones

I think number 10 would be a cool way to end alpha or beta and transition into a next phase, kind of like TTR's "Doomsday" event. Of course this would require a lot of extra effort and be very over-the-top... :p

I would also like to see more smuggling incorporated into the game, such as more quests where you could take your ship from one island to the next and smuggle rum and illegal goods back and forth for gold.

Oh, and another thing I really want: the ability to go into the captain's quarters/below deck on ships. It just sounds like fun.
-taylorbee

1. Type a Ship Name: Just like guilds and your name. With limitations, like no Calling it black pearl or Flying Dutchman.
-Jack Gunhawk

6) Ships
--b) Custom bow
~~~Could choose from different bow 'statues' so instead of the skeleton on the front...maybe a mermaid...or a serpent...
-CrimsonRabbit

How about an "Appear offline" function for when you want some alone time online?
-Moody Grimm

One additional thing I would like to see brought to mind by the next post is AFK echoing. If I set /AFK, I would like to see whispers coming to me responded to with "The user is currently away from keyboard and may be unable to reply."
-Eustace the Monk

Some really nice suggestions posted so far. :)
Something I'd like to see is either an Ignore button for friend requests or at least a timer put on friend requests that keeps the person from sending another request for so many minutes.
That way people can't send friend requests to you over and over (even after you declined it), like they used to on Pirates Online.

I like to see the Appear offline suggestion, that way guild members or friends can't teleport to you, when you want to be alone, especially when leveling grenades. Always had people teleport and taking all the reps away, even though guilds had rules, there is always someone that teleports without permission. That was one of my pet peeves in game.

Custom bows for our ships.
More haircuts.
Slightly increased ship and ocean wave render distance.
Ability to see/shoot the crew of the other ship without needing to board.

Come on pirates... obviously The Kraken wrecking havoc as we sail across the seas is a much needed addition.

I think a daily quest for extra gold or xp would be cool it could be tied into one or some of the NPCs who dont really have a role in the game.

I don't think they should add anything POTCO didn't have, for now at least. But I do know they need to optimize it now, the game laggs horribly for tons of people.

I would certainly love to see some sort of return of the old maps. The old maps would really strike that nostalgia

As much as that would be awesome, the new maps tied into a plot. there wouldnt really be a realistic way to revert back to the old map exactly.

Back