nerf

• yes plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • nah me ship is toooo good i can handle ittttt

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters

stardom

Buccaneer
These ships need a nerf like fr. One broadside from them and even a heavily upgraded war brig can be in deep trouble. I think they need a different broadside ammo or a damage nerf because frankly im scared to even go near one in my war brig... Ive gotten opinions from others aswell and they said they agreed with a nerf aswell.
Let me know what u guys think.

I kinda like them being dangerous. Let them fire only one explosive per broadside and make it a little bit less powerful than it currently is. Unlike high level navy ships (other than warships) EITC are the only ones that are really scary at all.

No.

There should always be something you're afraid of in the ocean. Back in POTCO's day corsairs were just as terrifying. Every good captain knew to keep their distance from Corsairs and Juggernauts, and to a lesser extent Behemoths. Some captains wouldn't even engage Corsairs due to the risk.

I like that.

In fact, before hunters were even a thing, Corsairs were the scariest thing on the ocean to some! Some captains feared Juggernauts more but personally I find sloops the biggest threat, and many others agree.

Also I refuse to vote in your poll. Ship's quality has nothing to do with Corsairs. You can sink them in a Light Galleon if you don't let it put you in broadside sights.

I know there should always be something to be aware of and I always keep my distance from them. But when one spawns right on top of you and broadsides and takes half ur hp its kind of annoying. Basically what im saying is they need a nerf till spawning gets fixed. I should have mentioned that

I know there should always be something to be aware of and I always keep my distance from them. But when one spawns right on top of you and broadsides and takes half ur hp its kind of annoying

That is annoying yes, but the problem there isn't corsairs strength, it's the ship spawning system.

Basically what im saying is they need a nerf till spawning gets fixed. I should have mentioned that

Corsairs are meant to be the most dangerous of regular ships. Let them stay that way. You just gotta be careful. Save your Take Cover, keep your distance, use Full Sail/Ramming Speed to avoid the broadside, or just stay away from them altogether.

it doesnt matter what you do to them, if you're sailing right you can keep turning in front of sotl, staying on his font corner and broadsides will never hit you, and your cannons always have a good angle

it doesnt matter what you do to them, if you're sailing right you can keep turning in front of sotl, staying on his font corner and broadsides will never hit you, and your cannons always have a good angle
ummmmmm. corsairs arent sotl they are war sloops :confused:

My problem with Corsairs isn't that they are the single deadliest ship in the game, ounce per ounce, but that the loot won when tangling and winning against one of these demons is usually a cargo crate!

7/10 times that I have been sunk while playing is to these bloody things.
  • Just finished repairing? NOPE, JAIL FOR YOU!
  • Running away from a fight? JAIL FOR YOU TOO!
  • Returning from grabbing something to eat and sudde- JAIL!
  • Porting? GO TO JAIL! DO NOT PASS GO, AND DO NOT COLLECT $200!
  • Doing literally anything near one of these things? JAIL!
  • Boarding a Flagship? JAIL FOR EVERYONE!
  • Honestly just sailing along, not doing anything when suddenly a corsair spawns in front of th- SURPRISE! EVERYBODY GETS A FREE TICKET TO JAIL!
  • You finally get your revenge on the Corsair, and all it drops is a crate. EVEN IN DEATH WE STILL MAKE YOU ANGRY!
  • You finally get your revenge on the Corsair, get the crate, and it respawns right on top of your ship. WE HAVE RETURNED TO MAKE YOU ANGRIER! GO TO JAAAIL!
I hate these things. They show up at the worst possible moment, all. the. time.

No matter what, never attack a EITC Corsiar for its explosive broadsides. Upgraded War Brig and less than a second get sunk.... But if you're mad as a hatter as I am, you YOLO it and take them all down! (In reality you sink to Davy Jones Locker, awwwwww....) (Slight chance of living and then book it!)

I don't get what the big deal is. Yeah they're kinda hard, but just use take cover when you need to and stay out of their range 90% of the time. It's not like they're the only ship that can mess you up, either. Storm Reapers will obliterate me if I let them.

Yeah regular ship AI is so simple you can easily fight these things even without crew as long as you try to stay out of broadsides. Yeah it means you don't sink them in 5 seconds, but that's the price you pay to keep your ship from becoming a fourth of july display.

Excepting, of course, when they spawn on you in a ridiculous fashion. But that's only happened to me like twice (just be cognizant of what area you're in...), and they don't fire their broadsides instantly. Just ramming speed away from them.

Back