Could someone let me use there ship for sailing leveling

My advice to you is to ask people on land. Do not board ships in the middle of sailing runs and ask if you can take the wheel - captains typically launch with a plan, and maybe even a designated second-in-command, and they don't wish to deviate from that plan.

Asking around on land, the players uninterested in helping a new player learn or even an old vet just top up their sailing level - they will simply ignore you. While the ones who are willing to help might offer their ship to you.

Personally I love helping new players learn to sail, but if I'm in the middle of a mat run and someone just boards my ship and asks for the wheel? I will practically always say no. Though honestly I don't have to, because my crew usually tells them no for me!

I always sailed my own ships & bought bigger as I leveled up. Not sure why you need help? You learn skills by trying, failing & doing it again. That is part of the game imo. Guess I am old school, not trying to be mean, just think we all need to be self sufficient. Good luck!

I was online yesterday and I saw someone do that very same thing. I remember that happening so much in POTCO. At least the tradition is still going lol:p.

I always sailed my own ships & bought bigger as I leveled up. Not sure why you need help? You learn skills by trying, failing & doing it again. That is part of the game imo. Guess I am old school, not trying to be mean, just think we all need to be self sufficient. Good luck!
I do agree with you in how you learn, but I also understand people wanting to rush it. Sailing is a slow skill to level and if you were a master helmsman in POTCO it's just annoying grinding your way back up to 30 when you already know how to sail perfectly.

I have a War Sloop, War Brig, and War Frigate that you (or anyone else who needs one) can use whenever. Just shoot me a message, and if I'm available, I'll set one out for you! Good luck :)

I do agree with you in how you learn, but I also understand people wanting to rush it. Sailing is a slow skill to level and if you were a master helmsman in POTCO it's just annoying grinding your way back up to 30 when you already know how to sail perfectly.
I'm still working toward that 30, gives me something to do in game... if you hurry there is nothing to do, that is why people get bored. Have patience & you will reap the rewards young grasshopper :)

I'm still working toward that 30, gives me something to do in game... if you hurry there is nothing to do, that is why people get bored. Have patience & you will reap the rewards young grasshopper :)
While I do agree with this sentiment, to an extent, also remember, getting a crew aboard anything other than a war class ship (or pretty much any sloop for that matter) is tough, making sailing take that much longer to level up. I agree, rushing things could make the game boring, but drawing things out too long, also has the same effect. If they reworked rep (to not be dealt on a number-of-hits- basis) it might be different, but at the moment, I totally understand trying to borrow someones ship, who's willing, to work on your sailing. Doesn't make you needy, or lazy in my opinion (at least in most cases), it just makes you efficient, and resourceful. :)

You can easily get to lvl 15( and past) sailing with the free light sloop by tagging hunters in a large party, just stay to outskirts,,, don't be concerned with loot since you can't hold much on that ship... but unless its been nerfed, you will get the rep for every ship you tagged that gets sunk. Joining a friendly guild is the next best thing, as you can borrow ships easily and pretty much any time you like. I don't mind loaning ships, and have done it often....but if you break it you gotta fix it! ^^ (and dont tp off loaned ships, they sometimes bug and can't be launched)

You can easily get to lvl 15( and past) sailing with the free light sloop by tagging hunters in a large party, just stay to outskirts,,, don't be concerned with loot since you can't hold much on that ship... but unless its been nerfed, you will get the rep for every ship you tagged that gets sunk. Joining a friendly guild is the next best thing, as you can borrow ships easily and pretty much any time you like. I don't mind loaning ships, and have done it often....but if you break it you gotta fix it! ^^ (and dont tp off loaned ships, they sometimes bug and can't be launched)
Ah yes, because that certainly sounds fun.

For those of us who hate cluster sailing, well, we hate it. And then, just for kicks, you're not getting any loot? That sounds like a horrendous chore. Sure it might speed things up a bit, but the cost of speeding it up is too much, whereas hopping on a bigger better ship increases both speed and fun.

Ah yes, because that certainly sounds fun.

For those of us who hate cluster sailing, well, we hate it. And then, just for kicks, you're not getting any loot? That sounds like a horrendous chore. Sure it might speed things up a bit, but the cost of speeding it up is too much, whereas hopping on a bigger better ship increases both speed and fun.

I think most understood that I meant to learn how to handle the sailing better while you level sailing...also you learn sailing etiquette early.... I started all my pirates sailing from the beginning. And you can master easily in one week. Course that would mean giving up everything else in game, and most won't do that ....lol.....everyone is different concerning loot. Some are after loot constantly, or a bright for their collection. The poster simply asked about leveling his sailing... If you love sailing,,, you love light sloops..... for a beginner its like a water tricycle. With a hemi and wings. ^^ Zoom Zoom.

I think most understood that I meant to learn how to handle the sailing better while you level sailing...also you learn sailing etiquette early.... I started all my pirates sailing from the beginning. And you can master easily in one week. Course that would mean giving up everything else in game, and most won't do that ....lol.....everyone is different concerning loot. Some are after loot constantly, or a bright for their collection. The poster simply asked about leveling his sailing... If you love sailing,,, you love light sloops..... for a beginner its like a water tricycle. With a hemi and wings. ^^ Zoom Zoom.
Rockin' around in a light sloop in the middle of a cluster isn't going to teach you anything though. There's no risk to it, since both light sloops are invincible and no ships will target you anyway. And there's basically no tactics involved since all you do is rush to the next ship to tag without consequence.

Light sloops are the best ship to lvl up the cannon and sailing skills no matter what, as said before the XP is based on how many shots a target takes to sink so it's counterintuitive to use higher ship classes ...

just to level 15 people are quite rude on this game rofl
Ask a friend or a guild mate.
There are pirates that leveled the hard way; sailing, and often. You just might want to give that a try since it will hone your sailing skills.
It takes 3 or 4 days of sailing say 3 hours a day to hit level 15. That's doable and you can do it over several days, doing quests and grinding enemies while yer at it.
Savor it!

i be happy to let you use my ship i got a war sloop ..i be on this eve on tortuga.. look for me name jeremiah hextimber on abassa tuga

My personal suggestion is to never be in a rush. My outlook largely mirrors @Crashalot and @DebiBug ... You can rush to 15 and even rush to 30... But that does not under most circumstances groom a GOOD captain. There are things you will need to learn to anticipate (especially when dealing with other ships in mass ship battles and even NPC ship maneuvers, strategies to master and calculations to learn. Being in a rush also lends itself to frustration and eventually, boredom. It isn't a matter of catching up to where others are, or even rushing so you can 'get this or get that' upgrade or whatever... It's learning, enjoying the ride and becoming an asset to the game, your guild mates, friends and even your own goals. :) Anything truly worthwhile takes time.

While I do agree with this sentiment, to an extent, also remember, getting a crew aboard anything other than a war class ship (or pretty much any sloop for that matter) is tough, making sailing take that much longer to level up. I agree, rushing things could make the game boring, but drawing things out too long, also has the same effect. If they reworked rep (to not be dealt on a number-of-hits- basis) it might be different, but at the moment, I totally understand trying to borrow someones ship, who's willing, to work on your sailing. Doesn't make you needy, or lazy in my opinion (at least in most cases), it just makes you efficient, and resourceful. :)
I also sail alone & did all of my questing for ships by myself. I guess I am truly old school & independent, not that a crew wouldn't have been nice, especially for ship repairs!! Just my own opinion. I did all of my quests alone, I go to jail every so often & plug along, so what if I am groggy, I'm a pirate! Lol

I also sail alone & did all of my questing for ships by myself. I guess I am truly old school & independent, not that a crew wouldn't have been nice, especially for ship repairs!! Just my own opinion. I did all of my quests alone, I go to jail every so often & plug along, so what if I am groggy, I'm a pirate! Lol
Totally get it, I did it that way in the early days of POTCO. But, I learned sailing was far more enjoyable (for me) with a crew. Not to mention the ability to stay out longer, and reap more benefits. I just find sailing with people easier, and more lively, and it helps everyone level everything up lol

Back