CPU Level of Difficulty

Does anybody know if there is a plan to raise the difficulty of the enemy ships, soldiers, undead, etc.? They are extremely easy. A low level light sloop can sink the highest level ship out there without getting sunk. A low level pirate can defeat any enemy on land with the right weapon. It's still fun, don't get me wrong... but I think part of the fun of the old game was the challenge and sometimes close calls and even getting sunk/killed/jail.

It kind of takes the skill out of it when anybody can go and defeat everything from the start. I remember being afraid to attack certain ships until I reached a higher level. Skill and strategy seem to not matter anymore.

Hopefully this is something that will be addressed in future updates. Keep up the good work though. Some version of Pirates is better than none haha.

It's partially because of the lag right now I believe, so take it with a grain of salt..

Ai is still being improved on espically since we have the power to have a ai even better than potcos.

First what does the CPU in the title stand for, just wondering. Second the game is in beta. This is important to understand because u might be thinking that the game was already written, just adapt the game to be compatible to the updated operating systems and hardware of today's computers. This, however, is only true for the client side application of the game, the part that we all download. The missing part is the server side application that actually hosts the servers that we all play on and controls almost all player interaction with the in-game environment (things like enemy AI). This is the part that the TLOPO staff has been working hard to recreate. The game has come a very long way from alpha, everyone remember those days!. The staff has said that their primary goal is to make TLOPO just like the POTCO we all knew and loved. Just give it some time, but it will get there. Hopefully that clears some of this up.

Well keeping in mind there will be a future new island coming out, hopefully it will bring harder enemies, etc. But until then, let's just remake the game to what POTCO was, and then build from there! :D

Back