Discussion Deciding what ship to get

MackSwiggler

Honorable Pirate
So basically I'm looking forward to saving enough gold to buy a ship of my own. Also I don't know much about upgrades or things like skull and bones or fury attacks. Well please tell me which I should get?

Depends on the purpose of what you'd be using the ship for, are you interested in being able to bring in those huge hulls of bounty? Is it SVS strategy you're looking for? But overall, I would personally advise you to play the strong card of whatever ship you buy.

So if you purchase a sloop class, I would go with the speed upgrades

Frigate class, I would go armor upgrades

Galleon class, I would go cargo upgrades

Brig class, is so well rounded, any upgrade route will suit it well

That's playing your upgrades on ships to their strong suit. But seriously they can be mixed in any which way YOU want it to be :) there's no right or wrong way... Maybe you want the fastest war galleon in the Caribbean, you go get it!!

Depends on the purpose of what you'd be using the ship for, are you interested in being able to bring in those huge hulls of bounty? Is it SVS strategy you're looking for? But overall, I would personally advise you to play the strong card of whatever ship you buy.

So if you purchase a sloop class, I would go with the speed upgrades

Frigate class, I would go armor upgrades

Galleon class, I would go cargo upgrades

Brig class, is so well rounded, any upgrade route will suit it well

That's playing your upgrades on ships to their strong suit. But seriously they can be mixed in any which way YOU want it to be :) there's no right or wrong way... Maybe you want the fastest war galleon in the Caribbean, you go get it!!
Sorry, this is off topic, but how did you get that founder title by your name?

Was thinking that too because of the armor and lots of broad sides for soloing. Pretty much a tank but with speed boost should be fine.

Was thinking that too because of the armor and lots of broad sides for soloing. Pretty much a tank but with speed boost should be fine.
Galleons are not well armoured. In fact they're the easiest ship in the game to sink. They may have more health than some other ships, but they are massive slow targets with a very vulnerable weak spot.

That's true, but that's why each ship is different, they really aren't meant to be sailed in the same style and strategy as the next class.

Galleons in my opinion have the most unique play style. You're forced to play agressivly defensive. Always showing your stern and broadside to the enemy but never your face.

Back