Suggestion Desolation

Does desolation need to be changed in some way shape or form?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
Let's just be honest with ourselves shall we? DESOLATION IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!! why?
1. It is a two hit kill not a one hit kill
2. It takes forever to load
3. It takes all but a TINY bit of your health away which leaves the enemies with an EASY kill.

Unless you have a healer desolation is just awful. I'm suggesting that desolation needs to be a 1 hit kill almost every time meaning it should do way more damage. It wouldn't be a 1 hit kill on people in PvP but for enemies it needs to be. Its just a bad bad skill even with Spirit Mastery and Desolation maxed its just bad.

Even if its not a 1 hit kill something needs to be done about its terribleness.

Look if you think desolation shouldn't be a one hit kill and that's to op lets look another the other way to 1 hit kill.

1. Full Take Aim Steel or Silver Shot

And you wouldn't even expect it to do that much dmg as its description says it does way less than desolation.

Honestly desolation feels like a meme.

If that won't work then why not have it take less health away at least. More like remove half of your health.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does desolation seem even more impossible to use than it was on POTCO? I am level 50 with maxed staff and desolation wipes out all of my health from 1 use and I mean ALL of my health. I don't remember it being that bad. I can't even use a tonic before I die. Is there a way to lessen the health wipe that I just don't remember? Just checked the exact numbers. I go from having 3211 (full health) to 1 health after using desolation.

Last edited:
Or just don't unlock the skill
I spent a good part of my points to max desolation, tried it for one day and retrained and never unlocked it again.
It made no sense whatsoever damage wise for what you sacrifice. I couldn't find a situation where it benefited at all. As a level 50 I couldn't kill a level 37 with it. Guaranteed death if you tried to use it again without a potion of health.

I spent a good part of my points to max desolation, tried it for one day and retrained and never unlocked it again.
It made no sense whatsoever damage wise for what you sacrifice. I couldn't find a situation where it benefited at all. As a level 50 I couldn't kill a level 37 with it. Guaranteed death if you tried to use it again without a potion of health.
I seriously used it to be funny, and let people revive me 24/7.

Back