Idea Different Decks on Ships

Annah6818

Honorable Pirate
This would be a feature that could be added on later I supposed.
Here's the idea
So when you get the larger ships maybe there could be different levels to be accessed (Main deck, gun deck, and orlop deck). Some ships could have either only the gun deck or the orlop deck, or both. Player can choose on which boat has the decks they want, based on their wanted use of the ship (traveling, looting, powerful attack but slow, medium speed&medium attack, ect.)
The main deck would be where the steering is and smaller manual cannons which are used by other players. (what it is now)
On the Gun Deck, that's where the large cannons are which are activated by the captain of the ship. An idea is that those cannons will be able to be controlled manually, offering lower and more controlled aiming to get more damage, compared to the smaller, manual cannons on the Main deck. Although, it would take longer to use since they are larger cannons.
On the Orlop deck, there is storage. There could be chests added to provide extra storage of loot on the orlop deck. (you would manually put the loot that you wish to store).
In the current game, the repair spots after damage are on the Main deck,
My idea is once you get a large enough ship to have an orlop deck, the repair will spots will appear on that level.

I would also like to share the thread that shares the idea of having the Captain's Quarters act as an achievement center for your character, accessible on all of your ships, but only yours. Here's the link :
https://piratesforums.co/threads/captains-quarters.13671/

Cool and interesting idea! Seems like quite a bit of features to add to me, but what do I know? I'm no dev :p And tbh, I didn't really do much sailing, was more of a "try to get all the legendaries" type of guy. So I don't really have much to say on this unfortunately, but it definitely sounds like a cool idea to me, especially the orlop deck. I always wanted to actually go "inside the ship" and explore, but of course you couldn't do that :p

Cool and interesting idea! Seems like quite a bit of features to add to me, but what do I know? I'm no dev :p And tbh, I didn't really do much sailing, was more of a "try to get all the legendaries" type of guy. So I don't really have much to say on this unfortunately, but it definitely sounds like a cool idea to me, especially the orlop deck. I always wanted to actually go "inside the ship" and explore, but of course you couldn't do that :p

I did a bit of sailing in the original but I was rarely the captain. I was more or less the right-hand woman to the captain of the guild.
Yeah, it is a bit. It could be added slowly I suppose. I would add the orlop deck first.
Not sure if the gun deck is worth all the work and coding but I thought I would still mention it. I would rather have some sort of Captains Quarters aspect than the gun deck.

I did a bit of sailing in the original but I was rarely the captain. I was more or less the right-hand woman to the captain of the guild.
Yeah, it is a bit. It could be added slowly I suppose. I would add the orlop deck first.
Not sure if the gun deck is worth all the work and coding but I thought I would still mention it. I would rather have some sort of Captains Quarters aspect than the gun deck.
I like the captain quarters idea. I had always wished I could go into the captains quarters of the ship. I think we should leave the way the ships function alone but adding some other decks and a captains quarters to explore could be a cool addition. The captains quarters could be like the captains house and have some npc crewmen in their giving missions. The captain should be able to decorate his quarters. The lower decks if added I think could have some repair stations on them but I think it would probably be best to have it as a cosmetic and add some npc crewmen down their that act as if they are operating the lower deck cannons.

What would be interesting is if there where fleets out side of the map in uncharted waters where you could engage them and your ship would be taken into a new scene where you face off against a whole navy fleet. They could be like some sort of boss level in the game where it could be beat by one ship but it would be best to have two or three ships form a type of group fleet together and face off against the navy or EITC. Actually that brings up some sort of a good idea. You could have your individual crews as a group and then you could click on a ship and send a fleet request to them that goes only to the captains. The captains can accept and then their ship will be in a fleet. The normal crew members on ship will be able to see what fleet their in and what ship they are on but can not chat in the fleet message. The captains of the ships can chat in the fleet messages and then they would have the crew chat to talk to their crew men. Then the captains can speak to their crew but then also talk to their fellow ship captains in fleet chat.

To make the crew chat work better I think if the captain was in in crew chat typed /crew:eek:rder message. A very apparent bubble should show up in front of all that ships crew members so that they don’t end up missing the captains orders in the chat.

I apologies for getting off on a tangent. Ideas form in my head as I type and as I recall situations from back in the game. I always hated when crew member talked so dang much and would not listen to the orders I gave them because they where not paying attention. I also always remember when treasure fleets where going on wanting to go out with my guild in a fleet of ships to take on the treasure fleets. We just never had a really effective way to communicate both to our crews and to each other. Guid members would interrupt if we use guild chat.

I like the captain quarters idea. I had always wished I could go into the captains quarters of the ship. I think we should leave the way the ships function alone but adding some other decks and a captains quarters to explore could be a cool addition. The captains quarters could be like the captains house and have some npc crewmen in their giving missions. The captain should be able to decorate his quarters. The lower decks if added I think could have some repair stations on them but I think it would probably be best to have it as a cosmetic and add some npc crewmen down their that act as if they are operating the lower deck cannons.

What would be interesting is if there where fleets out side of the map in uncharted waters where you could engage them and your ship would be taken into a new scene where you face off against a whole navy fleet. They could be like some sort of boss level in the game where it could be beat by one ship but it would be best to have two or three ships form a type of group fleet together and face off against the navy or EITC. Actually that brings up some sort of a good idea. You could have your individual crews as a group and then you could click on a ship and send a fleet request to them that goes only to the captains. The captains can accept and then their ship will be in a fleet. The normal crew members on ship will be able to see what fleet their in and what ship they are on but can not chat in the fleet message. The captains of the ships can chat in the fleet messages and then they would have the crew chat to talk to their crew men. Then the captains can speak to their crew but then also talk to their fellow ship captains in fleet chat.

To make the crew chat work better I think if the captain was in in crew chat typed /crew:eek:rder message. A very apparent bubble should show up in front of all that ships crew members so that they don’t end up missing the captains orders in the chat.

I apologies for getting off on a tangent. Ideas form in my head as I type and as I recall situations from back in the game. I always hated when crew member talked so dang much and would not listen to the orders I gave them because they where not paying attention. I also always remember when treasure fleets where going on wanting to go out with my guild in a fleet of ships to take on the treasure fleets. We just never had a really effective way to communicate both to our crews and to each other. Guid members would interrupt if we use guild chat.

Oh that would be so coooool!:):thumbsup::happy:

Back