Discussion Do you guys remember the original tutorial?

Hoodie

Buccaneer
After searching for about 30 minutes this is the only thing I could find on it.
Disney switched to the "new" one back in 2009
Once you got out of the jail you walked into this old bar(instead of a warehouse)
After you get on Capt'n Bo Beck's ship and land on port royal you had a ray of light guide you to a will smith's warehouse(in the old port royal) and you'll see it here in the video(this is sooo nostalgic):
(you can skip 20 seconds)
(If you skip to 8 minutes you can see the original way you obtained your pistol)
View: https://youtu.be/nKqY8OcP1qY?t=25s

http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Doggerel_Dan
^^ that character was in it

Edit: some extra info

Last edited:
Just over 10 min for the ad rev ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a serious note, that's pretty crazy to see how far the game has come.

Pirates Online felt a lot more polished and finalized during their early days. A lot of changes (including tutorial) being done on Disney's part made no sense whatsoever.

IF anything, getting a v2008 of the game up and running would be interesting. I'd be really interested in something like that.

After searching for about 30 minutes this is the only thing I could find on it.
Disney switched to the "new" one back in 2009
Once you got out of the jail you walked into this old bar(instead of a warehouse)
After you get on Capt'n Bo Beck's ship and land on port royal you had a ray of light guide you to a will smith's warehouse(in the old port royal) and you'll see it here in the video(this is sooo nostalgic):
(you can skip 20 seconds)
(If you skip to 8 minutes you can see the original way you obtained your pistol)
View: https://youtu.be/nKqY8OcP1qY?t=25s

Edit: some extra info

I DO REMEMBER THIS!! So happy to be back sailing. These Devs have just amazed me - kudos to you all - thanks for all you do!!!

I remember a guy and his wife in a tavern-like place. Can anyone remind me of that?

Edit: oh it's in the video lol. So glad I could finally see it again!

Pirates Online felt a lot more polished and finalized during their early days. A lot of changes (including tutorial) being done on Disney's part made no sense whatsoever.

IF anything, getting a v2008 of the game up and running would be interesting. I'd be really interested in something like that.
You're right - it definitely did feel more polished back then. It's sad that a lot of things had been cut out to suit a wider player-base. With the rise of more powerful PCs that can easily handle TLOPO, it would be refreshing to see some old features returning to the game.

The starting quest had interesting dialogue and introduced pirates to crucial game mechanics. It totally made sense to go to Port Royal, then learn how to fight. I never understood why Will Turner would hang out and wait for each and every pirate at Rambleshack.

Any idea why they removed the old intro?

You're right - it definitely did feel more polished back then. It's sad that a lot of things had been cut out to suit a wider player-base. With the rise of more powerful PCs that can easily handle TLOPO, it would be refreshing to see some old features returning to the game.

The starting quest had interesting dialogue and introduced pirates to crucial game mechanics. It totally made sense to go to Port Royal, then learn how to fight. I never understood why Will Turner would hang out and wait for each and every pirate at Rambleshack.

Any idea why they removed the old intro?
I could never find a solid reason as to why they would remove it,

Back