Question Does anyone remember the team up feature?

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
Does anyone remember that feature that was added near the start of open beta where enemies would go agro on you if you got to close? They would also "team up" on you. Meaning they would attack you in groups. It wouldn't always be a 1v1.

I really liked that feature, I thought it made the game harder and more fun in general since fighting on land is usually very easy.

What happened to that feature? Was it temporarily removed? Is it coming back?

i experienced that first hand on kings and it was far from fun when suddenly 17 ai on walls, in courtyard,outside fort all argo at once and 3 players in area ran for dock healing each other and chugging heal potions just to not be slaughtered. it was 3 updates ago and lasted 3 days. terrible if doing a mission and not level 50 i assure you. but whats fun at 20 may not be at 50 and vice versa.the extra special part was they all ran from us and disappeared and still never stopped doing damage. a death trap indeed lol. sure this was a glitch but careful what you ask for.

i experienced that first hand on kings and it was far from fun when suddenly 17 ai on walls, in courtyard,outside fort all argo at once and 3 players in area ran for dock healing each other and chugging heal potions just to not be slaughtered. it was 3 updates ago and lasted 3 days. terrible if doing a mission and not level 50 i assure you. but whats fun at 20 may not be at 50 and vice versa.the extra special part was they all ran from us and disappeared and still never stopped doing damage. a death trap indeed lol. sure this was a glitch but careful what you ask for.
Wow that sounds fun!!!!

Also this wasn't a glitch. I saw your glitch post a few days ago about the Kingshead problem a few days back. No this was near the start of open beta and it was a feature not a glitch. It's release notes are seen below:
2016-12-15
tlopo-beta-v1.0.11

Features:
  • Implement key looting and digging.
  • Rewrote the enemy movement and attacking AI.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug where officers would appear on flagships instead of undead enemies.
  • Fixed a bug where bosses were not attacking with a damage multiplier.
  • Fixed a bug where an excessive amount of reputation was given for sinking ships and defeating enemies.
Tweaks
  • Tweaked the loot drop rate from bosses.
  • Tweaked attack delays on enemies.

this happened about a week ago to my newest pirate and 3 times since last year so in your case a old add on in mine recurring over excessive agro with invisibility and endless unseen attackers that isnt the norm on kings and if not a glitch then its not normal.over level 25 this may indeed be a blast to work thru for level 22 and under its no more than a death trap without a fast reacting crew to help flee lol big difference in a similar situation ;) at one point i and 1 other tried to fight 8 when another player ran to us with more on them a good guess would be 15 -25 actively attacking then turn run disappear and resume attacks , a few could be found with ranged dagger by the red cursor if we scanned but most remained out of sight to respond to and the damage became unmanageable. a side note that once it started all player regen also stopped only potions and doll returned health. very very nasty combo of effects.

now i could totally have no issue to the agro if they remained visible to react to but when multiple are striking from beyond its not fun or correct play. and this "glitch" continues to this day at kings and sometimes inside all forts with passing thru walls and from upper level when attack a lower level soldier also remains inconsistent, they can move like ghosts and we cant, disappear we cant, keep attacking with no retaliation back. if intended to work in this manner then perhaps still a bad decision. it adds only confusion and frustration to players, not a challenge worthy of the game. and it remains uncorrected as it resurfaces again and again randomly and to varied extreme.

not unlike the endless quest dig failure recently ,again rampant among players (check forum for thread for the vocal few , and multiple bumps to get attention to address, and speculate how wide spread it may be) that for those that looting alone isnt the purpose of play ,and like questing is equally annoying and apparently also never resolved for a solution -other than keep trying and eventually it might clear , 31 days and still counting on same pirate above(i retry each bugged dig mission daily fyi, 4 separate missions all stuck at dig ) is the longest to date to still not get past. this leads to early level players having added stress to play and advance, that true ,high level players are no longer concerned by(having got past it) everything is easy at 50(or when you fully understand the games mechanics, to maximize effects) at lower level and less play obsessive newer players not so much, careful what we ask for, and add to the game , as the level and severity it impacts all players and level of play skill varies. lest we change , challenge or just out right kill the fun right out of it. thankfully its still beta and as long as aware the chance of it being adjusted always remains at least a hope;)

Last edited:
Back