Question Donations?

Captain Cold

Buccaneer
I'm sure the subject has been beaten to death, but I feel the game would make quicker progress if the community could contribute to it's development. I don't make a lot of money, but my expenses are low enough to where I'd like to help fund the game. Maybe someone could set up a Patreon or GoFundMe for TLOPO. Just a thought.

TLOPO FAQ said:
We are not in this for the money or the fame, we are completely non-profit and refuse to accept donations. We will pay the necessary costs for this game completely out of our pockets. Don't worry, we gotcha covered.

https://tlopo.com/help/faq/#money

Unfortunately even if the community is kind enough to donate, they will not accept the money.

(Whoops, @Captain Redhorn beat me. :p)

Captain Cold,

Thank you very much for being willing to donate. All donation offers we have received are appreciated. :)

As mentioned above, we must be sure we are not stepping on Disney's toes by making a profit of any kind off of TLOPO.

Again, thank you :)

-Chey

I would think that Disney would only limit you on money made by payments for anything in game. For example, paying $20 for a war ship or making a premium status that has to be paid for. Donations they should allow because its not asked for or required, its a generous gesture. But if Disney said no then that's all there is to it sadly...

I would think that Disney would only limit you on money made by payments for anything in game. For example, paying $20 for a war ship or making a premium status that has to be paid for. Donations they should allow because its not asked for or required, its a generous gesture. But if Disney said no then that's all there is to it sadly...
Disney never said anything specific about this and this goes for any remake out there which is based off of past Disney, intellectual property. (Essentially, TTR's model pertinent to their policy on donations is being followed as that model seems to working for TTR and derivatives affiliated with the Toontown Online community, currently). *However and because of it's nature, donations remain a sensitive issue and - among other things - if a person is caught or found to be making a $money$ off of POTCO-related materials the general consensus is Disney would come down hard on said individual and/or project to the point to where their reach would affect those both directly and indirectly responsible.

(Note: I mentioned those indirectly responsible because those whom remain open to such 'entrepreneurship' and money to be gained via POTCO intellectual property could actually doom the community [as a whole] just as much as any specific project could if Disney caught wind that donations were exchanged. Unfortunately as it is, there do remain individuals out there whom personal entrepreneur drive blinds their judgment and empathy towards the overall fate/happiness of others).

Disney never said anything specific about this and this goes for any remake out there which is based off of past Disney, intellectual property. (Essentially, TTR's model pertinent to their policy on donations is being followed as that model seems to working for TTR and derivatives affiliated with the Toontown Online community, currently). *However and because of it's nature, donations remain a sensitive issue and - among other things - if a person is caught or found to be making a $money$ off of POTCO-related materials the general consensus is Disney would come down hard on said individual and/or project to the point to where their reach would affect those both directly and indirectly responsible.

(Note: I mentioned those indirectly responsible because those whom remain open to such 'entrepreneurship' and money to be gained via POTCO intellectual property could actually doom the community [as a whole] just as much as any specific project could if Disney caught wind that donations were exchanged. Unfortunately as it is, there do remains individuals out there whose own entrepreneur drive blinds their judgment and empathy towards the overall fate/happiness of others).
So in other words, it's a grey area that's better left alone just in case.

Last edited:
So in other words, it's a great area that's better left alone just in case.
It's an area that - if pursued - could very well bring the end of the ex-POTCO community (as we know it). Besides, "who" wants to be responsible and known for that? :confused:

If someone did such a bone-head move, I know for a fact that myself and others would do everything we could to assure that said individual/individuals was held accountable.

Back