Everyone loves a good Book!

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Everyone loves a good story. If you have read a book and would recommend reading it. Post it here!
Loves_books.png

(Twilight now allowed)
xD

Last edited:
For anybody interested in politics, I recommend my favorite book: Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. The book is set in (you guessed it) nineteen eighty-four. It's about a fictional communist society called Oceania where citizens are brutally oppressed. Criticism of the government and individual thought are labeled as "thoughtcrimes," and any perpetrators are tortured until they surrender their ideas and, in some cases, are killed and removed from historical documents so future generations will never know of their existence. The citizens are monitored 24/7, including in their own homes, through the use of telescreens, which constantly subject the citizens to propaganda from "The Party," the leading political force in Oceania.
There are a lot of other details that could be mentioned, but I feel like discussing them all would take away the enjoyment of being able to read the book and finding the stuff out yourself. Be sure to give it a try!

I have read like over A thousand books ( Yes I'm a Bookworm :reading:) I recommend reading The Lord of the Rings Books And The Inheritance Cycle Books If your into Mystical/Magical Stuff. I Also Recommend reading the Hunger Games Books & The Divergent Series. ( Not sure if it's really called the Divergent series or not been awhile since I've read them Haha ) Happy Book Hunting ^.^

Just started a series called "A song of Fire and Ice" or more commonly known by it's TV counterpart Game of Thrones.

So far I've only completed Game of Thrones (the first book of the series not the TV show) and it was almost about as every bit suspenseful as the TV show was when it showed portrayed what happens in the first book and due to the fact that I don't think I could even give a summary without revealing huge spoilers to the series and possibly the TV show. You'll just have to read or watch it yourself unfortunately.

Another book series I've begun is a series called "Adventures Wanted" . The first book of the series entails a story of how Alex, the main character, becomes bored with his day-to-day life and wishes for something exciting to enter his life so when one day, he's walking home from the store. He notices a sign in a window on a store saying "Adventurers wanted. apply inside." so seeing the sign and concluding that he wouldn't mind just seeing what it's all about he goes inside and ends up being chosen for an adventure, which begins this whole long series of his adventures and how he grows in character, friendship, and maturity.

Honestly, I'm not usually into series such as "Adventures Wanted" very often mostly due to the fact I feel they're more aimed towards a younger audience and don't really contain anything dark or mysterious about them unlike the Game of Thrones series which includes a lot of dark, mysterious stuff and broadcasts human depravity and all it's disgustingness (new word!). I just feel that Adventures Wanted and series like it are a nice breath of fresh air but I wouldn't blame you if you felt this was more of a child's series than a teenager/young adult series and wouldn't really care to read it.

Outside of that, WHO'S EXCITED FOR BLOOD OF OLYMPUS?
Tangled.gif

I don't read much anymore, I know that's bad but I don't always find the time now. I did however see these books not to long ago and I couldn't put them down it was the Monument 14 series. Another book I like is called Fallout, it's a part of the Crank series, there is explicit language so if you don't condone that I wouldn't recommend it. But I thought those were good.

I might take you guys up on your suggestions and try to read a bit more. The only one of these I've read was 1984, and that was back in high school. It was pretty good.

A new series that I picked up is the Iron Druid by Kevin Hearne. Pretty light and action-packed writing. An old favorite of mine is the Count of Monte Cristo. None of the movies even come close to capturing the themes that Dumas worked into the novel.

Back