Feats of Strength 2013 Details (06/03/13)

jzfredskins

Wiki Staff
The Feats of Strength Competition begins tomorrow! The event runs over three days: Tuesday, June 4 to Thursday, June 6.
feast_of_strength_competition.jpg
Pirates who are scheduled to compete: make sure you double-check your race day, time, and Ocean (server) in last week's schedule postings here on the Blog.

Here are the event details for our competitors:

Challenge #1 - Starting Line:

Competitors ALL meet on Devil's Anvil on their scheduled day and on their scheduled Ocean at their designated start time.*All times posted in the schedules are Pacific Time (Los Angeles).
(Example: Mermaid Minnie, 26, Typhoon Guild – JUNE 5, 4:30pm, BEQUERMO)​
Officially listed competitors ONLY should check in with the Marceline Guild GM that is located on Devil's Anvil beach to start your race. You can identify them by the icon above their heads:
admin_logo.gif

The GM will then whisper a pass phrase AND location to only the competitors. Be prepared to memorize or write both down - and hang on, mate! If you leave before the GM says "GO", you will be disqualified.

The GM will then put you on yer mark, get you set, and when the GM says "GO" the race is officially on!

Challenge #2 - The Race:

Do your best to get to the location the GM told you. Swift Foot potions, sailing, and teleporting are all fair game!

When you get to the correct location, type your pass phrase in the chat window. Pretty much YELL IT OUT!

An invisible Ghost GM will be at the correct location and will hear your cries! If you are at the right spot and have spoken the correct pass phrase, the Ghost GM will whisper to you a riddle. Mark well the GM's words, mate - this riddle contains clues to the final leg of the race: the Finish Line!

Challenge #3 - The Finish Line:

The home-stretch! Decipher the riddle given to you and make your way to that final location using the riddle as your clue.
Once you are standing on the exact spot from the clue, yell out your pass phrase again AND use the emote /flex in front of the Marceline GM at the Finish Line. Flexing is your finishing move.

The GM will acknowledge the First, Second and Third place winners of the race at the Finish Line.

GMs will be monitoring all areas of the course. Some GMs may be visible while others may not be, but they will be watching all competitors closely and checking for any sign of cheating. Any cheating or disrupting other racers will disqualify you.

All Pirates are welcome to watch and support friends and Guild mates. It's possible GMs may replace no-shows with any volunteers selected from the crowd at hand. Please keep your weapons stowed during the event. Pirates that harass competitors or GMs or interfere with the course in any way will be removed from the game.

Good luck, mates!

I think this was mentioned but to clean it up does the Sift foot glitch count as cheating?

Yes, it does.I, for one, am disappointed. I got to the location described in the first clue (Hendry Cutts) and shouted the passphrase. John Yellowrat and I waited over half an hour and no GM showed up to give us the second clue. Eventually we had to give up.

Here is the clue:
FoS Clue.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I was supposed to be in it today but I accidently clicked on no when the gm gave me a crew invite and was informed that she couldn't resend one I was FURIOUS waited around all day to do it only for me to screw it up

If you look at the GM Ben, he said basically the Swift Foot Glitch is allowed. Therefore that glitch isn't cheating. :)

screenshot_2013-06-04_18-37-56.jpg

Sires : The swift foot glitch, is that allowed?
GM Ben Bowman: You can spam the swift foot glitch if you have it.

The only way to spam it is by glitching it. :)

Yes, it does.I, for one, am disappointed. I got to the location described in the first clue (Hendry Cutts) and shouted the passphrase. John Yellowrat and I waited over half an hour and no GM showed up to give us the second clue. Eventually we had to give up.

Here is the clue:
Actually, Edward, that clue was leading to Avaricia. Avaricia means "greed" in Spanish - and the GM stated "this greedy isle".
screenshot_2013-06-04_20-24-17.jpg

On a side note, I unfortunately forgot all about my race and therefore was unable to compete. Honestly, I think that hosting this contest during the week wasn't such a good idea - and it seems like they are starting to favor hosting contests during the week for some odd reason.

If you look at the GM Ben, he said basically the Swift Foot Glitch is allowed. Therefore that glitch isn't cheating. :)

He didn't say you can glitch. You're putting words in his mouth. lol He said you can spam the potion, as in use it over and over again, NOT all at once. :p

He didn't say you can glitch. You're putting words in his mouth. lol He said you can spam the potion, as in use it over and over again, NOT all at once. :p

Someone did the swift foot glitch, and they never said that was cheating. If he meant it like they way you're saying; why would he need to say that? Before the race started, he said swift was okay to use. There's no reason to clarify that again. In my opinion to spam the SW is by glitching. Then again, the person who was glitching was never kicked for cheating.

That also wouldn't make any sense to use spam in that sentence. He should have said it like, "You may use a swift foot potion after the previous potion ended." In my opinion to spam is to do something pretty fast, example below.

Like for instance when you say many short lines to fast in potco; that would be called *spamming*.

Today, Robert competed in the Feats of Strength. I feel I could have won my race if I hadn't been so quick on the 'clicker' and launched my War Frigate instead of my War Sloop.

When you reach the finish line, if you are absolutely sure you are are the right spot, continue saying your phrase and flexing, don't give up. We beat the GM to the finish. I did come in second and I came in second after the GM arrived. The pirate that was there first ended up being awarded first place along with the pirate that the GM thought was the winner. We stated our case and Catherine finally decided we were telling the truth.

Congratulations to all the winners of today's races and best of luck to those racing the next 2 days.

Actually, Edward, that clue was leading to Avaricia. Avaricia means "greed" in Spanish - and the GM stated "this greedy isle".
View attachment 52887

On a side note, I unfortunately forgot all about my race and therefore was unable to compete. Honestly, I think that hosting this contest during the week wasn't such a good idea - and it seems like they are starting to favor hosting contests during the week for some odd reason.
Looks like I'll need google translate for the French island!

View attachment 52887

Thanks for clearing that up. Everyone gave up, though, so I guess there was no winner for my race.

Thanks for clearing that up. Everyone gave up, though, so I guess there was no winner for my race.

O MY GOD - I was thinking about going to Avaricia and then I was like "nah...."

View attachment 52849

OMG LOL - a GM used an emoticon :O

Eh, came second. Keg took me out twice on Tortuga (why was there an invasion there when Tortuga gets you to Rumrunner's fastest anyway? :O). I was there for the rare materials, but I'm good with this lol.

came in 3rd which was what i wanted tho i got enough materiels but still happy came in the top 3

The Wednesday, June 5 race was a set down, as Jeremiah was just nipped off having mastered gold.
However James won his race the day after! And James Howe called me a 'Sir'! :)

Back