Discussion Feelings on Suicide Squad?

PirateAbby

Buccaneer
I saw the movie Friday night and thought it was great. The characters were portrayed accurately (especially Harley!) and the acting was excellent. I wish Leto was given a bit more screen time to establish himself as a better Joker, but I expect this in the next movie.

How do you feel about the plot, characters, actors, etc.? If you saw the mid-credits scene, what do you expect for the next movie? :)

I really liked it! It was pretty funny and much more interesting/action packed than I expected. Reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy, so if anyone liked that I think they would like Suicide Squad :p

I haven't seen it yet, but def. will be! I never listen to critics anyway, they are known for not liking comic based movies anyway.

Hated the joker.... like really? The old joker was amazing. They probably put this him in the movie to see how he would turn out. His character was perfect for the movie but, i just couldnt stand how he had so many tattoos and his hair was too green and gave me. El Diablo was my favorite character. Thats all i have to say...

I really liked it! It was pretty funny and much more interesting/action packed than I expected. Reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy, so if anyone liked that I think they would like Suicide Squad :p
It is like Guardians of the Galaxy! What a good connection. Except of course they're more villainous and thirsty to kill... :p

I haven't seen it yet, but def. will be! I never listen to critics anyway, they are known for not liking comic based movies anyway.
I think that's pretty true, considering most critics who review these movies haven't even read the comics so they don't have a good knowledge of what character or plot accuracy really is. Let me know what you think after you see it!

Hated the joker.... like really? The old joker was amazing. They probably put this him in the movie to see how he would turn out. His character was perfect for the movie but, i just couldnt stand how he had so many tattoos and his hair was too green and gave me. El Diablo was my favorite character. Thats all i have to say...
El Diablo was awesome! I liked how they created a character who had a good moral background and learned to balance and control his evil. As for the Joker, I think he didn't receive enough screen time; however, it was clear that Leto had created his own Joker. We see a popular character but I think Leto introduced his own take on it, just as Heath Ledger had done. I can understand why you aren't fond of him, considering he goes against typical Joker-esque tradition (lol), but I hope he incorporates some authentic aspects in the next movie. :)

Am gonna be the first one to bomb this thread and say a negative thing because I actually didn't like it all that much. And yeah for some reason I wasn't hyped about Guardians of the Galaxy either (sorry lol I know most people liked it - @Captain Redhorn).

About Suicide Squad though, although I liked Smith, Leto, Robbie, Delevigne as additions to the cast I didn't feel like they were all portrayed properly. Deadshot was supposed to be more aggressive and evil or bad, Joker was supposed to be abusive to Quinn and not running to her rescue (like really :confused:) and then yeah I guess Robbie did a decent job, but the Enchantress seemed reeeaaallyyy out of place to me (although she was my favorite along with Harley Quinn). I didn't like they gave them all silly and cliche one liners and then the plot of the movie seemed the same as you would expect with any other action film, the rest of the characters didn't get enough screentime for my taste including Joker. I really wanted to see more of Joker-Quinn and not have him thrown in just random parts to fill the gaps.

But yeah overall I was pretty disappointed when I watched it, however it wasn't too bad for a summer film considering most superhero ones come out around Novermber-December and then May-June :oops:

Saw it a while ago, a few days after it came out and I have to say I felt kind of conflicted at the end. Sure I enjoyed it, and the movie is a great way to kill 2 hours of time. You're gonna have fun, it's funny in some places (the funny turns into cringy in other places at some points though), and overall it's a decent movie if you enter the movie theater with no preconcieved notion of what it's supposed to be based on hype. Don't expect too much of the Joker. Also another one of the high points of the movie was that it spent so much time introducing it's characters that I was actually invested in their fates and well-being at the end of the movie.

The moment when Diablo breaks out of his shell and starts burning everything to hell was a great moment. Although Cara Delvingne's character and her boyfriend were completely uninteresting for some reason :/ And that's weird because I'm usually a sucker for romantic subplots

The bad points of the movie is definitely an all over the place plot that ended up not going anywhere, meh villains and it felt kind of rushed to be honest. But that's about it. If you can look past that, you're probably going to have a good time.

Personally from the little we've seen of Jared Leto's Joker I feel like he's going to do nicely in presenting a different version of Joker than we've seen so far (with respect to Ledger, Romero, Nicholson, and THE voice of the Joker Mark Hamill). That being the Silver Age of DC comics Joker. A more lighthearted, but no less psychotic version of the Joker. Acid spraying flowers, lethal joke buzzers and all.

I still need to see it for myself but my brother said he felt that it had bad character development and was very set like ( only had a few locations they had scenes in)

Back