Festive Winter Holidays to Ye! (12/08/12)

jzfredskins

Wiki Staff
Many Pirates feelin' the cool tradewinds have sailed into the spirit of the winter season, and made some cheerful changes around the islands! Shops and ports have been made merry with colorful wreaths, stockings, holly, and other delights.​
The beaches themselves have been adorned with savvy Sandmen crafted with care to resemble certain famous (infamous?) scoundrels ye may know well.​
Find yer favorite sandy scoundrel to pose with in portrait,​
wearing the Peddlers' special holiday garb:​
holly_lt.jpg
Winter Festival
121207-winter-festival.jpg
There's no better season to celebrate with yer Guild and best mates!​
Gather 'round at your favorite local tavern for​
a spot of warmth, and compare yer loot while enjoying the musicians' special holiday songs.​
If the ruckus of the Rowdy Rooster is not enough racket for you, make yer merriment heard all the way to Davy Jones' Locker with the noisemaker emote: /noisemaker
What: Winter Festival​
When: December 7 through January 6​
Where: Throughout the Caribbean​

Can mistletoe actually be acquired within the Caribbean??? :excited: and this is all I pretty much I have to say...
Can mistletoe actually be acquired within the Caribbean??? :excited: and this is all I pretty much I have to say...
OK, leave it to me to do some researching into this, lol...:facepalm: (sorry for going off-topic).
According to Wikipedia, mistletoe is native to Great Britain and much of Europe. The site also claims that mistletoe is derived from a parasite: "All mistletoes are hemi-parasites, bearing evergreen leaves that do some photosynthesis, and using the host mainly for water and mineral nutrients." Now here is the kicker, lol.
Christmas-Mistletoe-icon.png
Now, apparently mistletoe has a peculiar and unusual meaning by definition. Again, according to Wikipedia: "Mistel is the Anglo-Saxon word for dung, and tan is the word for twig; put together this becomes dung-on-a-twig." :confused:
SO...
...they are telling us that placing mistletoe over the heads of both ourselves and a pirate girl/boyfriend is actually...
putting @$#%! over our heads, lol???
kisses_need_no_mistletoe_by_inglorious_vikings-d4j6604.jpg
***OH...how so "romantic," rofl! :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back