Idea Finished/Improved Weapon Groups

What do you guys think, would you like to see weapon groups expanded?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

James Couch

Wiki Staff
After reading please take a second to leave a vote on the poll.
With the close of Alpha and the beginning of the wait for Beta I thought I would add a thought that I've had since before POTCO closed. Have you ever noticed that there are some Weapon Groups that only cover one or two sword types rather than all three? It doesn't seem right does it? In my opinion if there's going to be a weapon group it should span over all types of that weapon and maybe the other weapon groups as well. So here's an example of my idea.
b578a385ccaf4d3fa4fbf21e2f763150.png

As you can see this contains the stats for the Admiral Group. The Admiral Group at the moment only has Cutlasses and Sabre's but in this image I've added Broadsword's as well. Of course if this idea was accepted all these numbers I've added are subject to change, they are just numbers that I think would be acceptable. As far as the model for said Broadsword's goes I think the image below would be an acceptable model.
Broadsword_B.png

Any feedback from the community would be appreciated and I hope you guys like the idea.

Edit: Additional clarification (Contains replies to other users in order to better explain my idea.)

I don't understand
Basically the Admiral weapon group only includes Cutlasses and Sabre's.
You can learn more about weapon groups here: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Group.
My idea is to expand upon these weapon groups in order to add a greater variety to weapons and finish the group.
In the example I gave I created a third group, the Admiral Broadsword group and gave an example to possible stats and skills for this fictional group of broadsword's as well as an example of what the model for said group could be.

Correct me if im wrong @James Couch, by expanding you mean separate the different weapons that are already in groups?
The best way I know to explain is to give an example. So in this Admiral group there is both an Admiral's Cutlass and an Admiral's Sabre but there is no Admiral's Broadsword. My idea is to create an Admiral's Broadsword and more.

Last edited:
I don't understand
You can learn more about weapon groups here: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Group.
My idea is to expand upon these weapon groups in order to add a greater variety to weapons and finish the group.
In the example I gave I created a third group, the Admiral Broadsword group and gave an example to possible stats and skills for this fictional group of broadsword's as well as an example of what the model for said group could be.

That is a great idea in my opinion.Also it would be good if there was rare, famed and perhaps even legendary grenades.But again this needs to be done after full release so devs can focus on beta.

Correct me if im wrong @James Couch, by expanding you mean separate the different weapons that are already in groups?

That is a great idea in my opinion.Also it would be good if there was rare, famed and perhaps even legendary grenades.But again this needs to be done after full release so devs can focus on beta.
I agree, at the moment there's not much of a reason to use grenades so if something like that was added maybe they would be more widely used.

The best way I know to explain is to give an example. So in this Admiral group there is both an Admiral's Cutlass and an Admiral's Sabre but there is no Admiral's Broadsword. My idea is to create an Admiral's Broadsword and more.

Ah now I understand. That makes a lot of sense, very nice suggestion.

Don't see a reason. Some weapon groups only have weapons for some types. That's okay. Oddly enough I don't have a particular need for a blood fire or baboon sabre.

Back