Game crashing

I've been having the same problem... I tried several workarounds/on various OS and Devices:
1. I originally tried to play the game on my iMac (Latest Mac OS High Sierra), but I couldn't even get past the tutorial without the game crashing every time I grabbed the cannon and then resetting my progress.
2. Next, I downloaded the windows version on my virtual Windows 10 OS (How I run every steam game I have that is only available on PC). The game was MUCH LAGGIER. Even though it was the same computer with the exact same specs, I was getting like 6-9fps with the settings on lowest. I was able to pass the quest without the game crashing, but I was so annoyed with the lag I returned to the first program.
3. (On iMac, latest Mac OS again) I thought maybe the crashes had just been because of that particular quest bug, so I tried to continue the game on Mac OS. Within 5 minutes, the game just crashed again and I lost all my progress to the point where I'd left my character on windows.
4. Continued playing on Windows 10 OS (on iMac) for a couple hours... trying to ignore low frame-rate and lag even with the settings on lowest.
5. I Installed the Mac program again on my MacBook Pro this time (Also running Mac OS High Sierra). I was able to play the game longer without crashing but crashed as soon as I tried to shoot another ship. I searched the forums, and although the OS wasn't specified I saw several people saying the workaround for game crashing during fights was to turn off the sound. I did this, turned down the graphics, and was able to play on my MacBook with no problems whatsoever.

It crashed once this morning but is now running with no problems... Hopefully, if you're a Mac user this helps you too.

Back