Garb-related bugs

Darkslinger

Notorious Pirate
At the end of a ship-run, I noticed two weird clothing inventory related bugs.

1. Dragging (not clicking on) brights into the inventory makes them lose color and become 'plain'.
  2. You can drag sea charts into the garb inventory section.

Example:

(Contains two sea charts and 1 tank that lost its color when dragged inside the inventory)

upload_2017-9-26_23-26-56.png

I dragged a navy skirt from sea loot to an empty clothing inventory spot, and it is still navy blue. I'm going to try it again if I ever get a bright from sea loot.

I wont be trying to drag non clothing items there, because that is how people permanently break their pirates. And if that pirate is your top pirate on the pick a pirate screen, you break your account because the pirate cant load on the screen display, due to the inventory bug you created.

Good to know that there is a new issue, but I would stop trying to drag items where they don't belong, or do so knowing you have to potential of hosing your account.

Are you saying you can't wear sea charts? Are you being chartist?
If that’s what it’s called, then I am one. The charts have disrupted the garb section and illegally entered where they don’t belong.

I say no more - let us get rid of the charts, the globes and the rams! Let them return to the weapon section, the section they belong in.

Edit: just in case anyone takes this the wrong way. Obviously a joke.

I wont be trying to drag non clothing items there, because that is how people permanently break their pirates. And if that pirate is your top pirate on the pick a pirate screen, you break your account because the pirate cant load on the screen display, due to the inventory bug you created.
Really? Has this happened before? I’m pretty sure I trashed the items though so hope it doesn’t affect my pirate.

Really? Has this happened before? I’m pretty sure I trashed the items though so hope it doesn’t affect my pirate.

yes there are threads on the forums discussing different inventory glitches, and pirates being trashed because of it. Worse when its the main pirate, like i said your screen wont be able to load and crashes on the pick a pirate screen. Those issues were all fixed. Looks like you came across a new one!

Are you saying you can't wear sea charts? Are you being chartist?

If that’s what it’s called, then I am one. The charts have disrupted the garb section and illegally entered where they don’t belong.

I say no more - let us get rid of the charts, the globes and the rams! Let them return to the weapon section, the section they belong in.

Edit: just in case anyone takes this the wrong way. Obviously a joke.

*Chuckles*

UOK0QhE.gif

I've had the same issue in the past with bright clothing becoming plain / switching to a non-bright color when you take it. I don't think it actually matters if you click or drag it into your inventory. Here's what has happened in my experience. If you look through all of your loot, there should be another item of the same type in the loot. For example, I take a Bright Blue Linen Skirt from the loot screen, but it turns into a Plain Linen Skirt in my inventory. Somewhere else on the loot screen, there is a Plain Linen Skirt. If I take that skirt, it will turn into a Bright Blue Linen Skirt in my inventory. I don't know why it happens, or if it happens every time, but it's worth trying out. I've also had this happen with three different items at a time, where, for example, a Bright Red Cotton Blouse will turn into a Light Green Cotton Blouse, a Light Green Cotton Blouse will turn into a Plain Cotton Blouse, and a Plain Cotton Blouse will turn into that Bright Red Cotton Blouse. Hopefully I explained my theory / experiences clearly enough. Can y'all test it out if you encounter this glitch and help me figure out if this is a for-sure fix? Thanks & good luck all!

I've had the same issue in the past with bright clothing becoming plain / switching to a non-bright color when you take it. I don't think it actually matters if you click or drag it into your inventory. Here's what has happened in my experience. If you look through all of your loot, there should be another item of the same type in the loot. For example, I take a Bright Blue Linen Skirt from the loot screen, but it turns into a Plain Linen Skirt in my inventory. Somewhere else on the loot screen, there is a Plain Linen Skirt. If I take that skirt, it will turn into a Bright Blue Linen Skirt in my inventory. I don't know why it happens, or if it happens every time, but it's worth trying out. I've also had this happen with three different items at a time, where, for example, a Bright Red Cotton Blouse will turn into a Light Green Cotton Blouse, a Light Green Cotton Blouse will turn into a Plain Cotton Blouse, and a Plain Cotton Blouse will turn into that Bright Red Cotton Blouse. Hopefully I explained my theory / experiences clearly enough. Can y'all test it out if you encounter this glitch and help me figure out if this is a for-sure fix? Thanks & good luck all!
What consistently happened in my case was: every bright getting dragged (not clicked) into the inventory suddenly became plain. The changes that occur are in the items visual look as well as the items name. The color never returns and it becomes plain forever. I didn't have plain versions and bright versions in the overall loot - just one bright version that becomes plain upon getting dragged. Hope this bug gets squashed soon!

Back